Say goodbye to paper doc dance

Two weeks ago I started noticing the words "Paper Document Charge may be added to this booking"

At first I was concerned, called a RCCL rep who said "I don't see that" so I thought -- it was a fluke within the reservation system. Not the first time. ;)

So on Friday I called again after it was noted on another reservation and the rep said "Yes, we are going green to all edocs"

He seemed to think the "paper doc" charge was "about $35" but he wasn't sure. He wasn't sure IF it would be added to the bookings at all - they had already made final payment but haven't received the docs yet.

(I tried to do a search here but kept getting a "database" error so I don't know if it has been talked about recently, sorry if it was)

So no more paper docs for RCCL, or so it seems. :cool:

"Say goodbye to paper doc dance"

Yes, Michele, (unfortuately, in some ways) the paper docs are going the way of chocolates on your pillow... I haven't heard when it takes effect, but this is currently listed on cruisingpower"

You may still choose to have the regular Guest Ticket Booklets sent directly to you from Azamara Cruises, Celebrity Cruises, and Royal Caribbean International for the standard issue fee of $35.00USD.

When edocs are sent, there is to be an option for 'real' bag tags to be sent out. That appears to be a good solution to those who don't mind edocs, but prefer normal luggage tags.

I just receive my paper docs this past Saturday for our upcoming November cruise. My last ones!

Two weeks ago I started noticing the words "Paper Document Charge may be added to this booking"

At first I was concerned, called a RCCL rep who said "I don't see that" so I thought -- it was a fluke within the reservation system. Not the first time. ;)

So on Friday I called again after it was noted on another reservation and the rep said "Yes, we are going green to all edocs"

He seemed to think the "paper doc" charge was "about $35" but he wasn't sure. He wasn't sure IF it would be added to the bookings at all - they had already made final payment but haven't received the docs yet.

(I tried to do a search here but kept getting a "database" error so I don't know if it has been talked about recently, sorry if it was)

So no more paper docs for RCCL, or so it seems. :cool:

I was told for bookings made after November 15th. Not sure how true that is as we all know talk to 3...get 3 different answers.

I called about a reservation a couple of weeks ago and mentioned the cost of paper docs I had read on CC.

We are down for them to be mailed but do not want to pay.

The agent was gone for sometime to get me the answer. She said they were all gong to e-docs and we would not be charged. They would notify us we could print our e-docs, something like that. It would just become automatic. I think then, for those with no computer, they would have to pay for them to be mailed?

I had the feeling they were not too sure yet how it would all come out. We have a cruise booked for Jan. so I will call again soon.....

We are siling on the Navigator b2b 11/21 & 11/26. We received an e-amil from RC last week that our e-docs were available and to follow the link. Dw & I tried everything. We reinstalled Adobe reader. Nothing. On Monday, I contacted are TA. She tried to open the link and had no success. She printed off docs and I will have them tomorrow. I hope they get this fixed.

We are siling on the Navigator b2b 11/21 & 11/26. We received an e-amil from RC last week that our e-docs were available and to follow the link. Dw & I tried everything. We reinstalled Adobe reader. Nothing. On Monday, I contacted are TA. She tried to open the link and had no success. She printed off docs and I will have them tomorrow. I hope they get this fixed.

Thanks, so that was what she was sort of saying. It would just happen, we have until Jan. for them to fix the system............

Have a great cruise!!:)

We have done 2 B2B on NOS- TA and loved them all.

"Say goodbye to paper doc dance"

Yes, Michele, (unfortuately, in some ways) the paper docs are going the way of chocolates on your pillow... I haven't heard when it takes effect, but this is currently listed on cruisingpower"

You may still choose to have the regular Guest Ticket Booklets sent directly to you from Azamara Cruises, Celebrity Cruises, and Royal Caribbean International for the standard issue fee of $35.00USD.

When edocs are sent, there is to be an option for 'real' bag tags to be sent out. That appears to be a good solution to those who don't mind edocs, but prefer normal luggage tags.

I just receive my paper docs this past Saturday for our upcoming November cruise. My last ones!

I'm use to electronic airline tickets so I'll get use to this.Real luggage tags will save a lot of headaches at the port so those should continue for awhile IMO

:cj

If I can get "real" luggage tags, I'm very OK with edocs for everything else! I did just check my open reservations and they still list a paper doc option for me...

I agree with you. I end up pretty much throwing the rest of the book away. I really just want the luggage tags. As long as I can get that, if I want to save the Itinerary or something, I can just print off those pages.

In the E-Docs you do get a luggage tag of sorts. I just printed that page as many times as I needed and then cut them out to "luggage tag size" and then laminated them, punched a hole in the end, used a twist tie on them and put them on my luggage. They worked great, have done it a few times now......the porters in Miami, Ft. Lauderdale and the Port Canaveral were fine with them, didn't change them at all.

We LOVE getting the paper docs....and have kept all of them!.....True, the luggage tags are the most important insert...the rest is rather redundant...

I was told the $35 fee would be PER PASSENGER......That's not gonna happen!.....not in our house!...We need that money for the extra bag charges the airlines are sticking us with......(don't get me going on THAT

subject)

Steve-O-

You're not weird at all...I loved the paper docs too, especially finding them in my mailbox and for the first few cruises I probably DID read every page....but I guess it's the way of the future...I didn't even ask for E-Docs the first time it happened but it was okay...once I made my own luggage tags!!

On our Sept cruise w/ Carnival, they sent edocs and told us if we wanted luggage tags they would be available @ the pier.

Our friends do not have a computer/fax so the TA printed their tags and mailed them.

We printed our tags, laminated them w/ clear packing tape and stapled them together, worked well but it still wan't the colorful luggage tags we were used to.

When we booked our Panama cruise on RCI for 2/10 our TA told us to expect edocs by then. Just a sign of the green times....:)

We LOVE getting the paper docs....and have kept all of them!.....True, the luggage tags are the most important insert...the rest is rather redundant...

I was told the $35 fee would be PER PASSENGER......That's not gonna happen!.....not in our house!...We need that money for the extra bag charges the airlines are sticking us with......(don't get me going on THAT

subject)

We have saved all of ours as well and look forward to it as a 'we're getting close' indicator. I understand why but it makes me a little sad. :(

Archived