Super Elite

Shogun

Super Elite

Hi All

While on the Ruby I heard folks chatting about this, while I agree there needs to be something we need to think about this for a minute, the reason there are so many Elites is that we are all cruising more, so every day more Elites.

So we have Super Elites, in a few years do we then have this debate again and then Super Super Elites, then there is the issue of what perks to give.

So heres a thought for you all,

A new top level of captains circle , call it what you want but lets use an old name the Commodore Club.

How to get in, you must be in the top 50 most travelled on a cruise of 10 days or more.

You get a new colour of card.

So what perks ,

well club lunch or cocktail party as captains time dictates

a second party, say hosted by circle host but have ships dancers to dance with members no free drinks but allow members to bring a guest, again may be a formal event, timed to last a full evening ,may be split over two nights to allow early and late diners to attend

Breakfast at Sabainti for the top 50 onboard only, now some will be in suites, some will be travelling with family and friends and will not want to leave them.

A club lunch open to all but restricted by number to be held either in port or onboard a ship while in port, say a couple in the US and in Europe per year with CEO or similar to attend etc black tie event allow Princess to make announcements to this group first.

Then some vouchers, $5 of a bottle of wine, a free meal in the Crown or similar, a one day pass to the Sanctuary , $50 voucher of a future cruise, $10 off a shorex trip.

Any other ideas folks

Yours Shogun

Super Elite

[size=3

A new top level of captains circle , call it what you want but lets use an old name the Commodore Club.

How to get in, you must be in the top 50 most travelled on a cruise of 10 days or more.

You get a new colour of card.

So what perks ,

a second party, say hosted by circle host but have ships dancers to dance with members no free drinks but allow members to bring a guest, again may be a formal event, timed to last a full evening ,may be split over two nights to allow early and late diners to attend

Breakfast at Sabainti for the top 50 onboard only, now some will be in suites, some will be travelling with family and friends and will not want to leave them.

A club lunch open to all but restricted by number to be held either in port or onboard a ship while in port, say a couple in the US and in Europe per year with CEO or similar to attend etc black tie event allow Princess to make announcements to this group first.

Then some vouchers, $5 of a bottle of wine, a free meal in the Crown or similar, a one day pass to the Sanctuary , $50 voucher of a future cruise, $10 off a shorex trip.

Any other ideas folks

Yours Shogun

Thanks for the suggestions, but here are some of my questions trying to help.

Top 50 on a cruise? Sometimes there are not even 50 Elite on a cruise.

A second party with ship's dancers, no free drinks?

A Club lunch open to all? Not understanding this?

Vouchers sound a little low. $5 off a bottle of wine, $10 off a shore trip. Why not a free bottle of wine and %50 off a shore trip.

This opens to many questions as to anyone could qualify for top 50 on a cruise. This would not be a step up for current Elite.

What about 10% off the cruise cost and/or 25% off the shore excursions.

I agree with your suggestions. However, 10% off the cruise cost includes or is what?

The cost I can buy the cruise for or Princess' price on their site? Big difference and 10% off Princess' price is not a bargain.

As one Captain's Circle Host explained to me a couple of years ago, they are considering several possibilities and one of the criteria is that they wouldn't cost the company much, if anything. In other words, perks would preferably be services, not "real" $.

Breakfast in Sabatinis has been discussed and it was pointed out that if they opened it up to the "most traveled," they wouldn't be able to accommodate all of the suite passengers. Also, as it is now, anyone booked in a suite is eligible to have breakfast there. If you opened it up to the most-traveled Elite, not everyone is traveling with a fellow most-traveled Elite so then you get into complications or open it up to passengers who are not most-traveled. In other words, it would get complicated.

My thought is to give the most-traveled passengers on the ship an Ultimate drink card that would include specialty coffee as well.

Super Elite

Hi All

While on the Ruby I heard folks chatting about this, while I agree there needs to be something we need to think about this for a minute, the reason there are so many Elites is that we are all cruising more, so every day more Elites.

So we have Super Elites, in a few years do we then have this debate again and then Super Super Elites, then there is the issue of what perks to give.

So heres a thought for you all,

you get a new colour of card.

So what perks ,

Any other ideas folks

Yours Shogun

Shogun:

You just don't have enough to do. Howabout taking a cruise?:D

Hi Gertz,

Having returned injured from my last one I have at least two weeks

with nothing to do was thinking about starting some threads, smoking, formal nights etc.

yours Shogun

I apparently have not enough else to do as well.....have given this lots of thought.

First, super elite should be based on days, not who/what happens to be on board a particular cruise, because that is so highly variable.

For example, the first most traveled event we were invited to occured while we were still Platinum. We have, on occasion, missed the cut since we have become elite.

Second, most "super elite" members, based on the # of days concept, which implies a certain number of cruises, are also receiving some on board credit courtesy of Captain's Circle. I think that is a great perk, as we can use that credit for what we wish - towards a bottle of wine, dinner at a Specialty restaurant, drink card, shopping at the boutiques, etc. Would be nice if that credit would get larger, but that might actually cost Princess a few more $$ of "lost" on board revenue.

So... I think that Super Elite benefits that would be nice would be 1. the ability to order off the dining room menus whether in suites or other accomodations, 2. receive "pronto" laundry service for no extra charge, 3. be offered bridge tours on port days, 4. get personalized stationery from the print shop, 5. get almost unlimited internet minutes, 6. Pam - I love complimentary ultimate drink card, coffe card idea so I am adding it to my list, too, and finally the big one: be FIRST IN LINE for cabin upgrades. The darn upgrade fairly is way too random, and it would be great to have loyalty rewarded with an automatic several category upgrade, with further upgrades coming as higher category minisuites and suites remain unsold.

Private receptions are nice, there are certainly things that are already done to let us know our loyalty is valued, but rather than some nebulous discount on the cruise price, which my online travel agent will beat anytime, knowing that a BE balcony guarantee rate is going to get me a BB balcony at worst, and perhaps a mini or full suite would really make me feel appreciated.

Celia, and the rest of the Captain's Circle hosts, I hope you are reading this. Hugs, Celia - you are the BEST!!

Ginger

Hi Gertz,

Having returned injured from my last one I have at least two weeks

with nothing to do was thinking about starting some threads, smoking, formal nights etc.

yours Shogun

Shogun,

I do hope that you are comfortably back on your feet soon!

Ginger

One party is enough for me, don't see a need for more. What I would like to see added is a free meal in one of the alternative restaurants, maybe just make this for the top 40 aboard. Also a second minibar setup for every additional 7 days onboard. (ie a 12 day cruise still only has one setup but a 14 day + one gets two, 21+ three)

Some great ideas here....my favorites:

1. First in line for upgrades. Have done 16 cruises with Princess, including a 107 day World Cruise. We are Elite and have never been upgraded.....

2. Free Coffee Card

3. Discount on Shore Excursions - but we usually do privates anyway...but might convince us to do more Princess occassionally if they were cheaper

4. More/bigger selection of free canapies on formal night. Those little things go quickly when there are 2 people and only 6 things!!

Thanks for the tips - will keep our fingers crossed.

My thought is to give the most-traveled passengers on the ship an Ultimate drink card that would include specialty coffee as well.

I like this idea!

Actually, Princess is already trying to address the huge disparity in cruises among Elites (some with 15 cruises, some with 215) by offering the Captains Circle OBC after 20 cruises. If anything, I would like to see this go higher than $100 per cabin after 75 and 100 cruises, which I don't think it currently does.

One party is enough for me, don't see a need for more. What I would like to see added is a free meal in one of the alternative restaurants, maybe just make this for the top 40 aboard. Also a second minibar setup for every additional 7 days onboard. (ie a 12 day cruise still only has one setup but a 14 day + one gets two, 21+ three)

Why not do away with the 1 bar setup and have a real Elite nightly event with free drinks and food like RCI and X? The one Princess has now is a poor showing and poorly attended.

Concur with the free meal in one of the Alternative Restaurants.

What about an Elite (Super Elite) lounge like RCI and X currently has?

I don't think that's asking for to much- a decent free cup of coffee for the top cruisers. How much could it possibly cost them? :rolleyes:

I have no problem with what is offered now. I think if passengers keep yelling MORE MORE MORE, you will probably end up with LESS LESS LESS. ;)

I don't think we are yelling MORE MORE MORE, we are just saying that there should be another level above Elite. RCI has done it recently by adding a Pinnacle Club level.

'As of January 21 2011, we (RCI) have added more benefits, more experiences and more surprises. Our newly enhanced loyalty program is designed to provide benefits that matter most to you.'

Really, what has Princess added since Elite was established? They tried the Evening Elite $2.99 drink that was so poorly attended they allowed Platinum to attend. I don't remember anything else. Maybe you do.

Hi ginger

Thank you, two weeks lying about is going to be like prison time, no taking dog for walk, nothing to do but sit in bed and and use the laptop.

yours |Shogun

Hi Shogun - Not to highjack the thread, but I saw you and Donna just a day before we reached Barcelona and you'd just gotten back from your lovely Eze tour. Did you injure yourself on your final evening on the Ruby?

Doreen

I like this idea!

Actually, Princess is already trying to address the huge disparity in cruises among Elites (some with 15 cruises, some with 215) by offering the Captains Circle OBC after 20 cruises. If anything, I would like to see this go higher than $100 per cabin after 75 and 100 cruises, which I don't think it currently does.

Our next Princess cruise will be number 21..does that mean we will get an OBC?

I'm not Elite....yet.....but I like a lot of Ginger's ideas. I'm also not much interested in another party to go to. The Ultimate Drink Card or Coffee Card, that I would definitley use as would most passengers.

Shogun, missed how you were injured, I best get caught up on your Live thread. Sorry to hear you're not 100% after a cruise!

I would like to see a discount on Princess Tours or a percentage rebated back to Elite guests. I guess this might not be attractive to most CC'ers who seem to avoid ship's tours like the Norovirus. Such a discount would reward the really loyal Elite guests rather than those who squeeze a coffee card for ten cruises, book the cheapest inside cabin with multiple discounts, and have onboard account totals in the single digits.:D