I'm not a germ snob...but quit filling up your water bottles right from the dispenser

I am in no way a germ phobic person, but I was really grossed out by the number of people filling up their water bottles right from the dispenser. The rim of the bottle would touch the dispenser - this is the same rim that touches yoru mouth! This is gross and spreads germs. Please stop doign this and if NCl is reading this - have a person watch this closer....I only saw one of many people asked to not do that....and when I asked someone not to do it - they were really rude....

So be polite - that is all it takes...use a cup ...fill up your water bottle - don't make me get some of your germs each time I have a glass of water.

Thank you - I am now stepping down from my soapbox.....

I am in no way a germ phobic person, but I was really grossed out by the number of people filling up their water bottles right from the dispenser. The rim of the bottle would touch the dispenser - this is the same rim that touches yoru mouth! This is gross and spreads germs. Please stop doign this and if NCl is reading this - have a person watch this closer....I only saw one of many people asked to not do that....and when I asked someone not to do it - they were really rude....

So be polite - that is all it takes...use a cup ...fill up your water bottle - don't make me get some of your germs each time I have a glass of water.

LOL

My wife is a microbiologist, she would have slapped them silly and then read them the riot act if she had seen that. I can't wait for our cruise:D

That's right up their with picking up something from the buffet and then deciding you don't want it and put it down.:eek:

I am proud to say that I in fact use a new cup everytime I refilled my bottle. There are also signs on the Gem but of course people just do NOT know how to read...or they just don't care about their fellow cruisers

I don't disagree with you in any way OP. It's too bad there was not another way to fill a small water bottle. Have you ever tried pouring from a regular glass into one of those little tops? Not an easy process.

I bring an insulated travel mug, serves many purposes; Easy to pour from a regular clean glass, I can add ice so it keeps my water very cold and although I am not a really eco type person, those people would be please with me becuase I'm not filling land fill site with plastic bottles. Everyones happy, I think? ;)

I saw something just as bad on my Carnival cruise..A lady and her DH were in the softserve icecream line, it was their turn they put some on the cone tasted it (licked it) and then decided to put more on. I know it did not actually touch the dispenser but still.....:eek:

Well I am a germaphobe and all I can say is YUCK! This is why I stay away from the buffets. Apparently, common courtesy is a thing of the past. I totally agree witht he OP that this should be stopped immediately, if not sooner. :eek:

What if it's a reusable water bottle with screw off cap so that the part that actually touches your mouth doesn't come near the water spout?

Nice try! Better yet why don't you just fill the bottle in your cabin, it's the same water.

It's just not worth having someone read your tea leaves screw off cap or not people always forget and besides the squeezing the bottle into your mouth is about as easy as getting water/juice out of a baby bottle from what I remember.

And many many people refill their cups on the cruise ship too. I don't know how you will stop this practice unless they have someone standing there to make sure each person uses a new cup.

I'm with Camz---I stay away --

If anyone has ever gotten sick -- picking up a paraisite--it is not to die for --- so please if you are guilty of the bad habit please stop --- you may kill me -- or a child --

I also hate buffets. People are just nasty. One time I was at a convention and they had a basket of pastries and this man was picking through with his hands. I said "thank you for touching my breakfast!" bye just stared at me. I had To explain to him why to use tongs. Geez. Gross.

If you think that is bad, just imagine what happens in the the kitchens of restaurants and cruise ships.

For $5.00 go to Costco, get a case of water, put a luggage tag on it and be done with it.

I wouldn't fill my water bottle at a dispenser, I am happy to use the tap in my cabin, however, I wouldn't bring along a case of plastic bottles either. I can't imagine contributing to the extra garbage when the water out of the taps on ships is as good as I've had anywhere.

I'm with Camz---I stay away --

If anyone has ever gotten sick -- picking up a paraisite--it is not to die for --- so please if you are guilty of the bad habit please stop --- you may kill me -- or a child --

Overly dramatic much? rolleyes.gif

Ok here's the scoop. If you are all worried about such trivial things than you have issues I think. Seriously? So you dont use the public toilets on a ship? How do you go? Do you use a napkin to open and close the bathroom doors? Do you spray all the seats (dinner, theater, pool side) with Lysol before you sit on them? Did you hire a maid to re clean your room incase a germ lingered there? Do you inquire of the kitchen how hot the water temp is on the dishes to insure the mouth residue on the silverware is properly removed? I'm assuming then that you also never leave your homes, live in a bubble and your house is encased in plastic.

Considering you are traveling to a foreign country who's health standards may or may not be up to American standards, a water bottle on a machine is the least of your problems. I agree sticking your hand into food rather than tongs is nasty, but I would consider that more nasty than a simple water bottle. With all the things i've already mentioned thrown in the mix, that little water bottle is a moot point. Or and until someone pays for my soda card, or the lines come up with a better way,I will do what it takes to get the most of my cruise.

Archived