Just noticed TA changed our cabins!!!

#1
220 Posts
Joined Dec 2008
We're on the Oasis, Jan 28th sailing. Our cabin numbers were originally L 6535, and D 6164.
I paid the final payment yesterday and when she sent the confirmation I noticed the cabins were changed to L 6546 and D 6545.

Is there any difference in these cabins such as size, location ect????
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature




#2
Central PA
173 Posts
Joined Aug 2011
I don't know anything about Oasis, but just by looking at the numbers it looks like they'd be in the same area, just more "together" than before?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
~ Jan

Jewel of the Seas - Canada/New England 10/15/11 Lots of pics!
#3
Melbourne Fl, Originally Cambridgeshire UK
6,716 Posts
Joined Apr 2006
Originally posted by tab1220
We're on the Oasis, Jan 28th sailing. Our cabin numbers were originally L 6535, and D 6164.
I paid the final payment yesterday and when she sent the confirmation I noticed the cabins were changed to L 6546 and D 6545.

Is there any difference in these cabins such as size, location ect????
Are you sailing with kids?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
2001
Sovereign
2002
Majesty Majesty Majesty
2003
Sovereign
2004
Sovereign Sovereign
2005
Mariner Sovereign Grandeur
2006
Sovereign Navigator Freedom Majesty Mariner
2007
Sovereign Adventure Adventure
2008
Freedom Navigator Sovereign
2009
Monarch Independence Liberty Oasis Freedom
2010
Freedom Freedom Freedom Monarch Voyager Monarch
2011
Allure Freedom Freedom Liberty
2012
Explorer 9 night Independence
2013
Oasis
2014
Freedom Vision
2015
Allure Freedom

2016
Enchantment Majesty
2017
Oasis








240 Wonderful Nights at sea on Royal Caribbean International
#4
220 Posts
Joined Dec 2008
Yeah, I noticed this as well. Just wondering if there's any noticable difference in the actualy rooms.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature




#5
43,881 Posts
Joined Jan 2001
Did you tell your TA she could change cabins without letting you know first??
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Kathy
#6
220 Posts
Joined Dec 2008
Yes, ages 17,15 and 7.

Originally posted by uksimonusa
Are you sailing with kids?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature




#7
N E England
6,268 Posts
Joined Aug 2006
Could you not just ask the TA why the cabin numbers were changed. As per the previous poster, it looks to me that you were moved so that you had cabins closer together than the ones originally reserved.
#8
Melbourne Fl, Originally Cambridgeshire UK
6,716 Posts
Joined Apr 2006
Originally posted by tab1220
Yes, ages 17,15 and 7.
Thats the reason then, minors, under 21 can only be booked into cabins next to or across from their parents/guardians, looks like when the time came to make final payment and the kids ages were entered the original cabins would not work
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
2001
Sovereign
2002
Majesty Majesty Majesty
2003
Sovereign
2004
Sovereign Sovereign
2005
Mariner Sovereign Grandeur
2006
Sovereign Navigator Freedom Majesty Mariner
2007
Sovereign Adventure Adventure
2008
Freedom Navigator Sovereign
2009
Monarch Independence Liberty Oasis Freedom
2010
Freedom Freedom Freedom Monarch Voyager Monarch
2011
Allure Freedom Freedom Liberty
2012
Explorer 9 night Independence
2013
Oasis
2014
Freedom Vision
2015
Allure Freedom

2016
Enchantment Majesty
2017
Oasis








240 Wonderful Nights at sea on Royal Caribbean International
#9
220 Posts
Joined Dec 2008
No way! She sent over the last quote which was $104. more than original quote. We argued back and forth about this until I told her there's no way RC could increase my price after I've already put down a deposit. She then called back and said they took it off.

I then recieved my final quote after my payoff and the cabin numbers were different.

Originally posted by PH8
Did you tell your TA she could change cabins without letting you know first??
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature




#10
220 Posts
Joined Dec 2008
This does make complete sense. Just wondering why she would change them without notifying me. No biggie. Just wondering if there was a difference in the cabin sizes.

Originally posted by uksimonusa
Thats the reason then, minors, under 21 can only be booked into cabins next to or across from their parents/guardians, looks like when the time came to make final payment and the kids ages were entered the original cabins would not work
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature




#11
Melbourne Fl, Originally Cambridgeshire UK
6,716 Posts
Joined Apr 2006
Originally posted by tab1220
This does make complete sense. Just wondering why she would change them without notifying me. No biggie. Just wondering if there was a difference in the cabin sizes.
The cabins are going to be the same as before, just in a slightly different location, the TA should never have tried to book them apart in the first place
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
2001
Sovereign
2002
Majesty Majesty Majesty
2003
Sovereign
2004
Sovereign Sovereign
2005
Mariner Sovereign Grandeur
2006
Sovereign Navigator Freedom Majesty Mariner
2007
Sovereign Adventure Adventure
2008
Freedom Navigator Sovereign
2009
Monarch Independence Liberty Oasis Freedom
2010
Freedom Freedom Freedom Monarch Voyager Monarch
2011
Allure Freedom Freedom Liberty
2012
Explorer 9 night Independence
2013
Oasis
2014
Freedom Vision
2015
Allure Freedom

2016
Enchantment Majesty
2017
Oasis








240 Wonderful Nights at sea on Royal Caribbean International
#12
220 Posts
Joined Dec 2008
That's good to know.

She originally wanted to put us on different floors, but we said no way.

Originally posted by uksimonusa
The cabins are going to be the same as before, just in a slightly different location, the TA should never have tried to book them apart in the first place
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature




#13
Melbourne Fl, Originally Cambridgeshire UK
6,716 Posts
Joined Apr 2006
Originally posted by tab1220
That's good to know.

She originally wanted to put us on different floors, but we said no way.
Good job it was caught, you may have been denied boarding, or made to put an adult in each room
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
2001
Sovereign
2002
Majesty Majesty Majesty
2003
Sovereign
2004
Sovereign Sovereign
2005
Mariner Sovereign Grandeur
2006
Sovereign Navigator Freedom Majesty Mariner
2007
Sovereign Adventure Adventure
2008
Freedom Navigator Sovereign
2009
Monarch Independence Liberty Oasis Freedom
2010
Freedom Freedom Freedom Monarch Voyager Monarch
2011
Allure Freedom Freedom Liberty
2012
Explorer 9 night Independence
2013
Oasis
2014
Freedom Vision
2015
Allure Freedom

2016
Enchantment Majesty
2017
Oasis








240 Wonderful Nights at sea on Royal Caribbean International
#14
220 Posts
Joined Dec 2008
She had it set up already with an adult in each room. Which is why I don't understand the reason for the cabin change

Originally posted by uksimonusa
Good job it was caught, you may have been denied boarding, or made to put an adult in each room
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature




#15
Southwest Florida
1,489 Posts
Joined Nov 2002
Originally posted by tab1220
She had it set up already with an adult in each room. Which is why I don't understand the reason for the cabin change
Maybe she originally tried to get you rooms together, but they weren't available. So when she made final payment, she checked again and was able to get them together! She probably just did it to be nice, knowing that you'd rather have rooms near each other!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
-Rhonda



12/2001 Disney Wonder * 3/2002 Disney Magic * 3/2003 Voyager of the Seas * 11/2004 Majesty of the Seas * 9/2005 Majesty of the Seas * 10/2005 Majesty of the Seas * 3/2006 Disney Wonder * 9/2006 Navigator of the Seas * 3/2007 Celebrity Century * 12/14/2007 Majesty of the Seas * 12/21/2007 Majesty of the Seas * 1/25/2008 Majesty of the Seas * 3/2/2008 Mariner of the Seas * 9/19/2008 NCL Sky * 10/10/2008 NCL Sky * 1/2/2009 Majesty of the Seas * 2/27/2009 Majesty of the Seas * 7/30/2009 Disney Wonder * 9/25/2009 NCL Sky * 10/17/09 Disney Magic * 10/31/10 NCL Dawn * 11/26/11 Liberty of the Seas * 4/12/12 Celebrity Millenium * 11/24/12 Grand Princess * 3/31/13 Ruby Princess * 9/1/13 Carnival Valor * 11/30/13 Carnival Freedom * 1/31/14 Majesty of the Seas * 8/25/2014 Carnival Ecstasy * 11/28/15 Celebrity Reflection * 4/3/2016 Regal Princess * 9/16/16 Enchantment of the Seas * 9/22/17 Enchantment of the Seas
#16
5,713 Posts
Joined Jan 2010
Originally posted by tab1220
We're on the Oasis, Jan 28th sailing. Our cabin numbers were originally L 6535, and D 6164.
I paid the final payment yesterday and when she sent the confirmation I noticed the cabins were changed to L 6546 and D 6545.

Is there any difference in these cabins such as size, location ect????

Your original two cabins would have been on opposite sides of the ship 6535 is starboard side, and 6164 is portside. Now both are not only on the same side, but almost directly across the hall from each other.
#17
220 Posts
Joined Dec 2008
That sounds good to me!


Originally posted by RhondaC
Maybe she originally tried to get you rooms together, but they weren't available. So when she made final payment, she checked again and was able to get them together! She probably just did it to be nice, knowing that you'd rather have rooms near each other!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature




#18
Georgia
629 Posts
Joined Sep 2010
Umm, I don't understand. Why don't you call your TA and ask why it was changed?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature














Over 100 cruises, Princess, NCL, RCCL, Cunard & many cruise lines that no longer exist
#19
220 Posts
Joined Dec 2008
I did call as soon as I noticed. Recived her voicemail so left a message. Sent an email as well...no response.

Just wanted to find out if there was a reason to sweat it when she finally called back. Doesn't seem to be a big deal now that I know there's no difference in the cabin sizes.

I'll still find out exactly why when she calls back.

Originally posted by barbyj
Umm, I don't understand. Why don't you call your TA and ask why it was changed?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature




#20
Los Angeles, CA
2,006 Posts
Joined Oct 2008
This knda stuff is why some of us no longer use TA's, I book my whole party myself and then I know that the only fingers that will be mucking around in my reservatin are my own! I can find just as good of a deal as a TA can, and I trust myself more.

I got screwed by a TA in 2002 on a cruise, and I haven't used one since. I'm not saying all TA's are bad, but some are awful!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature






Dream 9/6/15


Carnival Breeze 8/10/14
http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2088804


Oasis Eastern Carib. March 24, 2012 review here:
Oasis Review w/tons of pics 3/24-3/31-closest thing ever to a perfect cruise!! ( 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
PhoenixDawgCruising

Freedom (finally) April 3, 2011 Read my review here:
Freedom Review w/Pics: 4/3-4/10/2011, some good, some bad, some meh.
Navigator March 2010
Carnival Splendor-April 2009
Voyager-April 2008
Mariner-September 2007
Monarch-December 2006
Vision-Thanksgiving 2006
Monarch-March & November 2005
Monarch-May 2004
Monarch-January 2004
Voyager December 2003
Navigator-July 2003
Rhapsody-New Years 2003
Carnival Xtasy-September 2002
Carnival Holiday-June 2000