NCL Dawn 12510 SJ - A few pictures

my_crib_too

Thanks for posting these photos. We have booked an SJ just a couple of doors down in October. It is my mother and I traveling so we like to have our own beds. One of the reasons we booked the SJ is the NCL website description that the queen bed can be separated into two twins. But I've read several reviews that say this isn't possible. Any idea if the bed can be separated? And if not, I'll try the murphy bed - I hope it is comfortable.

• 3 weeks later...
@ My_Crib_Too, You said this was an SJ cabin 12510? We are booked in 12512 SG Catagory & your cabin is right next door, I am confused because according to the deck plans the 4 SGs have balconys didn't you have a balcony?

Are you on the Star? The op was on the Dawn. the Dawn family suites with balconies are category SD. The Dawn SJ's don't have balconies. I believe the Dawn has more new family suites with balconies than the Star after their respective dry-docks.

Oh, I miss our 12006.....your pictures make me wish I was back there.

:)

I just booked that room for my Parents and am staying in 12008. This is my first suite and I am excited. Excellent pics I have been looking for these. How was your butler? I have been reading up on the boards about what they do for you, and have seen many negative reviews.

Tony

I just booked that room for my Parents and am staying in 12008. This is my first suite and I am excited. Excellent pics I have been looking for these. How was your butler? I have been reading up on the boards about what they do for you, and have seen many negative reviews.

Tony

Our butler was Chrisol or Chris. He was okay but we really didn't see him as much as our Butler on a previous cruise. Chances are though that another Butler will be in place when you cruise.

On our next cruise we have an Aft suite booked and I am really considering switching out of that suite for a family/balcony suite because of the great bathroom in these rooms and the smaller bathrooms in the Aft suites.

The location of these rooms are great. Central to everything. Very, very quiet part of the ship too.

I was wondering about sleeping arrangement in the room. We have the same one and are sleeping 4 my wife and 2 kids. Is there a trundle bed?

Murphy bed near the dinning table and I believe the couch pulls out into another bed.

Four in this room is no problem at all... :D

Murphy bed near the dinning table and I believe the couch pulls out into another bed.

Four in this room is no problem at all... :D

Thanks for the pictures and explanation of the bed situation. I couldn't wrap my head around how we could get 5 or 6 in this room (without hearing about the Murphy Bed)