Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 04:16 AM.
Vancouver
7 Posts
Joined Feb 2007
Going on the Zuiderdam next Saturday May 17th and read in a post that they did a full clean in 2 ports.
San Diego and Vancouver.

Noro and some other nasty stuff lingering around.

Seems bad if they can't get it under control.

Anyone that can comment on the current situation on board?

Going on board with a 23 month old who is hyper sensitive.
The Third Coast - Nashville
8,670 Posts
Joined Mar 2001
It was code red when I got off the ship in Vancouver this past Saturday. I was on for 4 days, and this was the first time I've ever been on a ship that was Code Red the whole time - quite inconvenient.

I didn't personally meet anyone who was sick, or had been sick, but I saw people doing things that weren't good hygiene in general. For instance, the couple in the Lido who coughed into their hands and then touched everything.

Roz
Alberta
20,419 Posts
Joined Feb 2007
People do all sorts of gross things in the lido. That's one of the many reasons I don't like eating there.

Good luck OP!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Elite on princess

cruzchic1 at hotmail dot com
113,034 Posts
Joined Jul 2001
Originally posted by Roz
It was code red when I got off the ship in Vancouver this past Saturday. I was on for 4 days, and this was the first time I've ever been on a ship that was Code Red the whole time - quite inconvenient.

I didn't personally meet anyone who was sick, or had been sick, but I saw people doing things that weren't good hygiene in general. For instance, the couple in the Lido who coughed into their hands and then touched everything.

Roz
We have been on quite a few ships that were in Code Red.

On a 15 day Hawaiian cruise, we were in Code Red for 13 of 15 days. Library closed, pools closed, even for a while the beauty salon was closed.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Cruising is a wonderful way to enjoy retirement!
Stopped counting a few years ago -- have done over 140 cruises.
15 Posts
Joined Feb 2008
Hi Frank, just chatted with HAL to ask about the Code Red and they told me that they had no report of this.

We board this Saturday and I am concerned...........
Milwaukee, WI 53201
13,960 Posts
Joined Mar 2003
Originally posted by tabteks
Hi Frank, just chatted with HAL to ask about the Code Red and they told me that they had no report of this.

Nothing to be concerned about. If it wasn't safe, they wouldn't let new pax board.

Take the necessary precautions and your cruise will be fine.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Alberta
20,419 Posts
Joined Feb 2007
Originally posted by Typhoon1
Nothing to be concerned about. If it wasn't safe, they wouldn't let new pax board.

Take the necessary precautions and your cruise will be fine.
Safe? What does that mean exactly? They will let pax on but I'm pretty sure they give the option to cancel.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Elite on princess

Florida
21,156 Posts
Joined Nov 2008
Originally posted by cruz chic
Safe? What does that mean exactly? They will let pax on but I'm pretty sure they give the option to cancel.
option to cancel ????
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
We've been on
Carnival: 27 voyages 184 days
Celebrity: 3 voyages 24 days
Holland: 31 voyages 823 days
Norwegian: 2 voyages 16 days
Princess: 16 voyages 154 days
Royal Carib: 5 voyages 35 days
Vantage:River 2 voyages 39 days
GRAND TOTAL: 86 Cruises 1280 days

NOT YET SAILED
Rotterdam Boston to Rotter 7/18 - 19 days
Prinsendam Amster to FTL 8/18 96 days
Zaandam Antarctic 12/18 - 22 days
Amsterdam World Cruise 1/19 113 days
Nieuw Statadam 8/19 52 days
Koningsdam 10/19 37 days
Amsterdam World Cruise 1/20 128 days
Quilcene, Washington
2,606 Posts
Joined Feb 2013
Originally posted by tabteks

I an in the l ido now looking at empty hot tubs and no self service- we have passed 48 hours. We are definitely in code (I believe red).

We have only heard AGI on board. No one has said Noro or Norwalk at any time.

we had salt and pepper and normal code orange in Vancouver but right back the next morning. Crew has been GREAT- I feel bad because the are.working so hard to keep everything clean.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Frank and Loren
Olympic Peninsula, WA
[email protected]l.com

+

Alberta
20,419 Posts
Joined Feb 2007
Originally posted by we're sailing away....
option to cancel ????
Yes, if they have major problems I think every cruise line will give you an out when you go to board so I'm not really sure what your question is. Please let me know.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Elite on princess

91 Posts
Joined Nov 2013
Please excuse my ignorance about colour coding. Can someone inform me what these codes mean? I' guessing that these codes have similar meanings to traffic lights. Green means go. Red means stop. Orange means use caution. Am I on the right track?
Las Vegas
11,883 Posts
Joined Feb 2007
Originally posted by cruz chic
Safe? I'm pretty sure they give the option to cancel.
Think again. They will not give you an option to cancel.

DON
Alberta
20,419 Posts
Joined Feb 2007
Originally posted by donaldsc

DON
What makes you think that. I have heard of specific instances. It wouldn't happen for cruise further down the road lets say in july but if you were boarding next i'm pretty sure that would be an option.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Elite on princess

left coast USA
628 Posts
Joined Oct 2011

DON
Our 2012 Baltic cruise, we were advised by email, two days before cruise, of late boarding for deep cleaning and were given the option to cancel for full refund or rebook to a later date. We were already in Europe, so went ahead and sailed - code red for first week of cruise, but fortunately we didn't get sick.

Since the illness was on the San Diego to Vancouver segment, and seems to be continuing on the Alaska segment, it must be from passengers who are also on the continuing segment - or from crew. Sure hope they get a handle on it soon or it will be a very long Alaska season for the Z.
Alberta
20,419 Posts
Joined Feb 2007
Originally posted by pv girl
Our 2012 Baltic cruise, we were advised by email, two days before cruise, of late boarding for deep cleaning and were given the option to cancel for full refund or rebook to a later date. We were already in Europe, so went ahead and sailed - code red for first week of cruise, but fortunately we didn't get sick.

Since the illness was on the San Diego to Vancouver segment, and seems to be continuing on the Alaska segment, it must be from passengers who are also on the continuing segment - or from crew. Sure hope they get a handle on it soon or it will be a very long Alaska season for the Z.
Thank you. I was positive I had heard it before.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Elite on princess

Norwood, Mass. BOSTON PROUD
2,110 Posts
Joined Apr 2010
hi

I live in Massachusetts. we have had break out at local hospitals, schools hotels, State Parks. Noro is not just a cruise sickness.

Mary
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Cunard: Mauretania 2 New York to Cork Ireland (1950's?)
? Cork Ireland to New York
Holland America: Veendam 10/4/76-10/15/76 New York - Caribean San Juan,Puerto Rico, St Maarten, NA, Port-De-France, Marinique, St Lucia, St Thomas
Carnival: TSS Carnivale Boston- Bermuda 5/3-10 1977
Royal Caribbean: A Song Of America 11/10/90-11/18/90 Miami-Cozumel Mexico, Georgetown, Grand Cayman, Ocho Rios, Jamaica,Labadee
World Explorer: Universe June 90"? Alaska not sure of order. Vancouver, Inside Passage, Ketchikan, Sitka, Glacier Bay, Yakutat bay/Hubbard Glacier not sure if we went all the way in. Valdez, Seward,
Gulf of Alaska, Skagway, Juneau, Wrangell, cruising B. C. coastal waters, Vicoria, Vancouver
Carnival Ecstasy Miami-Nasaua 11/13-16 1998*
Royal Caribbean:Viking Serenade 11/5-8 1999 LA- Ensenada Mexico
Holland America: Amsterdam 6/10-6/24 2011 Seattle-Alaska, Inside Passage, Ketchikan,Tracy Arm, Juneau, Icy Strait Point, Anchorage, Homer, Kodiak, Hubbard Glacier, Sitka, Victoria, Seattle
Holland American Amsterdam 6/29-7/13/2012 Seattle-Alaska Ketchikan. Tracy Arm, Juneau, Icy Strait,Anchorage, Homer, Kodiak, Hubbard Glacier,Sitka Victoria, Seattle
Holland America Zuiderdam 10 day Panama Canal Sunfarer November 8. 2013-November 18, 2013 Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Half Moon Cay, Bahamas, Willemstad (Curacao) Antilles, Oranjestad, Aruba, enter Panama Canal Cristobal, cruising Panama Canal and Gatum Lake. Exit Panama Canal, Cristobal, Colon, Panama. Puerto Limon, Costa Rica, Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Holland America Amsterdam June 22, 2014- July 6, 2014 Alaska : Seattle, Ketchikan, Tracy Arm, Juneau, Icy Strait Point, Anchorage, Homer, Kodiak, Hubbard Glacier, Sikita, Victoria, Seattle
Up Cominig cruise
January 15, 2016- Jan 25 2016 Holland America Zuiderdam, Fort Lauderdale, Half Moon Cay Bahamas, Oranjestad Aruba, Panama Canal Gatun lake, panama Colon Panama, Puerto Limon Costa Rica,Georgtown Cayman Island
6,405 Posts
Joined Mar 2014

DON
I read a report where they gave the people boarding in Vancouver the option to cancel and book a future cruise instead.