Navigator NEW 8 Day Cruise Compass - New FLL Sailing

Deptacon

I have been anxiously awaiting the return of passengers on the November 14 sailing of the Navigator. How was the cruise? Did you have a good time, and did you find that the horrible embarkation/debarkation of the previous cruise was a one-time issue?

I will be posting a review later. Embarkation was delayed, dont know if it was security due to it being the day after the Paris attacks or, I heard a rumor, someone didn't get off the boat so it couldn't clear. Either way, we were on the boat by 1:30 pm and had a great vacation, never thought about embarkation again....

Its loading of 2,500 + people on one ship in a port with 6 other ships also sailing the same day, from terminal 29 which is an adhoc/under construction terminal..... its going to have issues. Some people think if it takes more than 20 minutes then they have been inconvenienced and should get a credit.....

Edited by Deptacon

A question now that I have checked these out--we are booked on the late seating, we prefer to eat late on vacation and after trying MTD we found that we preferred having the same servers every night. However, we like to see the shows after dinner, and it looks like there aren't many times that the late dining sees the show after dinner, plus it seems like often the show times don't align well with either of the set dining times. Did you do MTD or a set dining time, and if you went to the shows how did you find it worked out? Thanks in advance!

thanks for posting the above, however a bit confused the planner shows different times to the compass ie day 1 assembly drill 4 or 5pm, sail away party 4.30 or 5.30, street parade 5.15 or 6pm. Labadee day 3 all aboard 3pm or 5.30 also there other differences like one headliner show at 7pm or also one at 9pm. any info appreciated

thanks for posting the above, however a bit confused the planner shows different times to the compass ie day 1 assembly drill 4 or 5pm, sail away party 4.30 or 5.30, street parade 5.15 or 6pm. Labadee day 3 all aboard 3pm or 5.30 also there other differences like one headliner show at 7pm or also one at 9pm. any info appreciated

539 was sailaway. Labadee we left at 3. Some nights the headliner performed twice.

Thank you, that times coincide with booking details. maybe an old planner

Times will change slightly week to week. Could also be typos... It was the first sailing of this itinerary so they could have typed up something then changed it. This happened a few times on this sailing.

Fantastic post and thanks for sharing. Ill be doing the 6-day itinerary in January as a first time Navigator passenger.

I'll be honest in a humorous way: I've never taken longer than 20 minutes to board an RCCL ship and I'm kinda looking forward to experiencing my first "horrible" embarkation delay just so I can have some laughs at watching the impatient and angry cruisers.

Best show in town.

Thanks for the info! We sail on Saturday and can't wait! Now we can plan our MTD times around the schedule! Do you remember if lobster tail was at the 1st formal night or the 2nd?

2nd i think. Its not that great though.