Anyone recently on Sunshine notice sewage smell?

loracgirl

• 1 month later...

The Sunshine is one of my favorite ships. It's a little smaller but still has terrific areas like the Alchemy Bar, Guy's burgers, and Red frog Pub. No smells at all. I would absolutely book it!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We were on the Sunshine for 8 days in January and I noticed the smell one night in the area around the photo gallery and library bar. Like others have said, I don't think it's anything unique to the Sunshine. While you didn't ask for opinions on other topics about the Sunshine, I'll still throw in a few for free. :) The variety of free choices for lunch are amazing. I think the food areas are set up very well and the lines weren't long and the area didn't seem crowded. The biggest negatives would be the crowding of the Serenity area and around the main pool. But, there are many places to enjoy the sun - we usually found a less crowded area along the sides.

Most ships have a fleeting odor but it certainly isn't pervasive. It's just the nature of the beast. We spent almost 2 weeks on the Sunshine and we probably smelled "something" once. It didn't stick around long enough to localize it.

thanks for replying :D we were on her in January and mirror your observations

• 1 month later...
No sewage smell. We were on deck 2. Really liked the ship

hi gonna be on deck 2 on 7/28/16 last minute booking in july for birthday cruise never been below deck 4 on any cruise line. How was it down there and did you have any noise above you? Was it crazy going back and forth up to the dining rooms.

I've smelled sewer smells on every single ship I've been on. It's usually in the cabin hallways (not the cabins) and it doesn't last the whole cruise. I think it's just a ship thing.

I agree. I find it varies based on the number of Blue and Red card holders on the ship.

I have smelled something on occasion on the ships. I can't say I've smelled it on every one I've been on, but it's been there once in a while on some of them. It's really not a lingering thing and you really don't notice it until you're back in the clear.

We just got off the Sunshine last Sunday and the sewage smell is definitely there. We smelled it mostly in Ocean Plaza. Pretty much everyday. But not all day. Not sure why but usually a specific time of day late afternoon early evenings. Also randomly in the halls on deck 6. It's not overbearing but it is definitely noticeable. I wouldn't not book this ship because of it. Never affected our cruise at all really.

We were on the Sunshine four weeks ago.

One afternoon, my son and I came out of our room, right by the aft elevator.. and something was AWFUL. We had to walk fast to the elevator and we looked at each other and said.. "What the heck was THAT????"

Once we went up the elevator, we never smelled it, and never smelled it for the rest of the cruise.

No idea what it was, but boy, was it pretty bad.

Catrin