New, new Oasis menus. October 2016 changes.

We were on Oasis last week and found that the menus posted in June/July are no longer valid. They have removed the local influence selections, reduced the number of choices, and lowered the quality. I was very disappointed to find that some of the items I was most looking forward to have been removed from the menus.

I talked to one of the head chefs about the changes and he said they weren't happy about a lot of it. He reiterated that he has no control over these things, of course. He said "this is what Miami sends us and we do our best with it".

I can't find my picture of day 7, but here are the first 6 days in order.

We were on Oasis last week and found that the menus posted in June/July are no longer valid. They have removed the local influence selections, reduced the number of choices, and lowered the quality. I was very disappointed to find that some of the items I was most looking forward to have been removed from the menus.

We were on the Oct 1st Sailing and agree that the MDR Dining experience wasn't up to the Standards we had come to expect on previous sailings. My DW was especially disappointed not having as many of the Chilled Soups from past experiences. And the days those were offered, unfortunately, we were at one of the Specialty Venues. Unfortunately only from the standpoint the days we were in the MDR, no Chilled Soups, not because we were disappointed in the Specialty restaurants. On the contrary, those we thoroughly enjoyed.

No!!!!!!!

With the last set of "new" menus, I had 2 or 3 things I wanted to order every night. They must all be gone, because now it's looking like some version of steak/beef every night.

VERY disappointing.

There were (on the last set of menus) a few nights of sea bass or mahi mahi. All gone. What the hell is WAHOO?

We sailed on Sept 3 - and were also disappointed in the new menus.

The lunch menu on sea days in the main dining room were the same everyday as were the breakfast menus - everyday... boring

The breakfast menus do not change from day to day, and the lunch menus alternate, depending on how many sea days there are. That has not changed for a very long time.

No!!!!!!!

With the last set of "new" menus, I had 2 or 3 things I wanted to order every night. They must all be gone, because now it's looking like some version of steak/beef every night.

VERY disappointing.

There were (on the last set of menus) a few nights of sea bass or mahi mahi. All gone. What the hell is WAHOO?

Wahoo is a fish.

Thanks so much for posting (here and on the other new menu thread). We leave this Saturday on the Oasis and I'm glad to know in advance to temper my expectations a bit (and what nights might be good for dining elsewhere!).

And Wahoo? Nobody from Virginia here? :p

Especially when you'll be on board that many times.:eek:

Biker, who has a feeling RCI menu tinkering will continue.

Hoping to be in Coastal Kitchen whenever possible. :D

We're booked in the MDR, but I kind of feel bad if we won't be going. I should probably switch to MTD. I'm hoping to have a better feel for the process after our May voyage.

The breakfast menus do not change from day to day, and the lunch menus alternate, depending on how many sea days there are. That has not changed for a very long time.

This was my 4th time on the ship and yes the breakfast menu did change

Yes, there are 1 or 2 items (vidalia onion tart & lasagna) that I would want, but other than that, if those menus were from a local restaurant, I wouldn't even bother ever going. How sad is that?

I hope this improves before they roll them out to all the fleet.

Erika

Wow....I am disappointed with these new menus. I may actually lose weight on this cruise. It makes me think of doing the 3 night specialty package but one person in my group doesn't want to do it. It may be time to switch again to another cruise line.

Hoping to be in Coastal Kitchen whenever possible. :D

We're booked in the MDR, but I kind of feel bad if we won't be going. I should probably switch to MTD. I'm hoping to have a better feel for the process after our May voyage.

Will be checking it out in January. I am with you...CK most of the time,

plus toss in a couple of specialty restaurants.

Not even going to make my usual MTD reservations this time.

Edited by island lady

I've only been cruising for about 10 years now... but I've always been amazed when people say "OOOOHHH!!! We gained so much weight on our cruise! We were just fattened up like cows. We ate so much." or conversely "I wish cruise food wasn't sooooo fancy! It's just all so fancy and weird. I can't eat that."

Quite frankly, I've been through a half dozen or more menu changes now and different cruise lines, but I've yet to just be bombarded with amazing food or seriously weird food on any of them. My favorite meal any night on any ship is DCL's BBQ night, but even that isn't like places I'd voluntarily go to on land for a *nice* dinner.

Maybe I'm jaded from luncheons and banquets... but mass-produced dinner food just never seems to live up to the description on the paper. Although, it's all usually edible and fine.