Tropical cyclone Fehi

Things could get a bit bouncy between Australia, New Caledonia and New Zealand over the next few days.

http://www.met.gov.fj/aifs_prods/65661.html

Hope all the CC cruisers currently on board, or due to embark on a cruise, have packed their seasickness remedies. I'm sure the respective ships' captains will endeavour to avoid the worst of the high seas but there could be some delayed arrivals and/or changed itineraries.

This Significant Wave Height map shows what can be expected over the next few days. http://www.metservice.com/maps-radar/marine-forecast-maps/significant-wave-height

Reduce it down by clicking the - and reposition the map slightly by dragging it. Then click on the > next to the date. It will step through the predictions.

I have family on board Voyager of the Seas in Luganville at the moment. They are staying in port till 11pm tonight then are going to try and head back to Australia. :eek::eek:

Wow, it will be a rough ride but the captain will ensure it is safe and try and make it as smooth as can be had.

Things could get a bit bouncy between Australia, New Caledonia and New Zealand over the next few days.

http://www.met.gov.fj/aifs_prods/65661.html

Hope all the CC cruisers currently on board, or due to embark on a cruise, have packed their seasickness remedies. I'm sure the respective ships' captains will endeavour to avoid the worst of the high seas but there could be some delayed arrivals and/or changed itineraries.

We are on board the VOS on the 5th Feb to the Islands. Does not look good! A cruise to Tassie might be welcome.

We are on Pac Jewel on Sunday 4th heading for NZ south island and it looks like a bumpy ride across the Tasman. Hope it clears enough on Wed and Thur so we can get into the Sounds and Stewart Island. :( That's sailing :( Love using windytv to see what's coming and thanks for the links to the other forecast sites.

These are my kinda waves when I am travelling to Antarctica in icebreakers and old research vessels - anything in the Pacific Ocean is "tame as" !

You must be a Drake Passage fiend then. :loudcry:

I have been watching Solstice as we have family on there. It looked like they missed Dunedin yesterday and were meant to be at the Fiordland today. I noticed last night that they were almost at the Fiordland area before midnight, then this morning out into the tasman, so it looks like they skipped Dunedin/Fiordland and headed back across the tasman early to try and avoid the worst of it.

That was probably wise. If they can get across the Tasman before the really nasty stuff arrives then they might be able to hug the coast up to Sydney, which might not be as wild according to the marine forecasts.

I have been watching Solstice as we have family on there. It looked like they missed Dunedin yesterday and were meant to be at the Fiordland today. I noticed last night that they were almost at the Fiordland area before midnight, then this morning out into the tasman, so it looks like they skipped Dunedin/Fiordland and headed back across the tasman early to try and avoid the worst of it.
I believe they are getting to Sydney early and mooring by Taronga Park Zoo with tenders for the day.

We are on board the VOS on the 5th Feb to the Islands. Does not look good! A cruise to Tassie might be welcome.

Probably would be a better idea! The current V.O.S. cruise is heading back to Sydney now through some rough weather. Unfortunately they missed stops at Lifou and Mare as it was too dangerous to tender, then stopped at Luganville which was not on the original plan! It has pretty much bucketed down for most of the trip, so not what you would hope for on a South Pacific cruise but what can you do? Staff have done their best in difficult circumstances. We have some cool video of the pool water being thrown around on the rolling ship :) Good luck for your trip, hope the sun shines for you :)

I believe they are getting to Sydney early and mooring by Taronga Park Zoo with tenders for the day.

Thanks Mic, that's good to know. I can't ask them as they aren't the internet type, so wouldn't be logging on while on the ship.

Probably would be a better idea! The current V.O.S. cruise is heading back to Sydney now through some rough weather. Unfortunately they missed stops at Lifou and Mare as it was too dangerous to tender, then stopped at Luganville which was not on the original plan! It has pretty much bucketed down for most of the trip, so not what you would hope for on a South Pacific cruise but what can you do? Staff have done their best in difficult circumstances. We have some cool video of the pool water being thrown around on the rolling ship :) Good luck for your trip, hope the sun shines for you :)

A shame when the weather affects a cruise adversely but then that is always a possibility when cruising. Just hope that it doesn't happen every cruise.

A quick look at AIS shows several ships are missing ports today and are staying out at sea.

Oceanias Regatta - missed Lyttleon

Diamond Princess - missed Akaroa

Golden Princess - missed Fiordland

Seabourne Encore - Kaikoura ?

Thanks for the updates.

Where is all that information coming from about Solstice cruise? My son is on her. At Seascaner.com it shows current location as 1/3 way direct to Sydney and has travelled 318 mile since Milford sound. I see no changes due to cyclone