Ultimate Dining Package - Symphony of the Seas

Hello,

We are due to go on Symphony of the Seas on 22nd July. As of yet no ultimate dining package has shown up online. I've also called their call centre (not the most helpful) who said they can't get it.

Does anyone know if they will open them up for Symphony sailings or you can get them onboard? I believe they have been open for April and May sailings but not heard about other months....

Really want to buy one!

Thanks for your help.

We are on the Symphony 12 night TA in Oct. So far no sales for anything. Only dinning package is BOGO, 3 night package for $85.00, UDP for $358.00. Sent a email to C&A asking about 5,7,or 9 night packages. Got a phone call from the C&A rep and was told Symphony will be offering far less packages or sales until she home ports in Miami. Asked if Diamond vouchers would be honored in MDR and was told to not count on it. Rep said that all packages for dining and beverages are at the sole discretion of the captain. Going to limit my drinking to Diamond Lounge and nightly vouchers.

I have been following a number of Symphony threads and people are commenting on how empty the specialty restaurants are. Playmakers is the only exception. Cruise is exorbitantly priced already, dining even more so. I would assume filling specialty restaurants is a big money maker for them, but perhaps I am wrong.

We had a discount dining plan on the Radiance 2 years ago and loved the specialty restaurants. On our Symphony trip in July, for about $50/person at most of the venues, I may try wonderland or 150 Central Park but that's it.

... I would assume filling specialty restaurants is a big money maker for them, but perhaps I am wrong. ... .

I think you are quite right. The company seems to be testing what the market will bear, perhaps they have overshot a bit with the Symphony specialty restaurant prices. Time will tell.

We are also on the Symphony TA and all of the dining packages were available when the dining first opened up. We booked one of the 5 night packages right away and are glad we did as the 5 night disappeared pretty quickly followed shortly by the 4 night. So I don't know if they just allow a certain number to be sold and then they pull them off the site or how that works.

We are also on the October TA and purchased the UDP. It seems like a really good value, especially when lunches during sea days are included.

One question I have is whether Playmakers is or is not covered. I looked everywhere in the RCI and CC sites but could find nothing. On RCI, ther “Chef’s Table, Izumi or other culinary experience/activities,” are excluded. It doesn’t mention playmakers at all. So is Playmakers an other culinary experience? Does anyone know the answer?

Thanks

Cheers

Tom

• 1 month later...

The UDP for the October TA was up for $348, but is gone now. I’m assuming they have a preselected number of slots and when it’s filled, they pull it. I was on the fence about buying it, but waited too long.

Gonna be on Symphony July 22 myself. I'm on Anthem now and they are checking on dining packages for me. I'll let you know what I find out?

We just came off the symphony a week ago and the packages were available for purchase on board

Not sure how many days 'ultimate' is, but our Symphony cruise for March has 3, 4 and 5 nights....as well as BOGO and single reservations.

Ultimate Dining Package is dinner every night and lunch on sea days. We booked it for the TA in October for $348 per person; that's 12 dinners and 9 lunches, so was an excellent deal.

Ultimate Dining Package is dinner every night and lunch on sea days. We booked it for the TA in October for $348 per person; that's 12 dinners and 9 lunches, so was an excellent deal.

Nice. Didn't realize that there is (sometimes) and option to have all meals, less breakfast in specialty places.