Warning Dream deck 8 aft 9A wraps

jetwet1

I sure hope so...

I wonder how many "John please reply, I want my wrap!" comments we will see in the near future on his blog :-) lol though I am curious as to what Carnival will end up doing to / for those that booked those two rooms (8466 and 8473)

I sure hope so...

I wonder how many "John please reply, I want my wrap!" comments we will see in the near future on his blog :-) lol though I am curious as to what Carnival will end up doing to / for those that booked those two rooms (8466 and 8473)

Time will tell :rolleyes:......

In this case the real problem is that there are no suitable alternatives :o. Those of us that booked the 9A's - did so for the balcony. So I too am curious what "quickly" will mean and what they are doing for compensation in the mean time :confused:.

M and M are currently sailing in 8466 - so I hope we hear what Carnival did or did not do for them when they get back.

Edited by happy cruzin

just checking. We could care less about the cabin, we're all about the wrap. Booked today without as much research as I usually do, very excited about the other stuff on the ship including the laser show and the comedy club. Anyone know if the adult-only serneity area will allow topless sunbathing again?

just checking. We could care less about the cabin, we're all about the wrap. Booked today without as much research as I usually do, very excited about the other stuff on the ship including the laser show and the comedy club. Anyone know if the adult-only serneity area will allow topless sunbathing again?

What sailing are you on? I had heard those two rooms were already booked out for the next year or so

Anyone know if the adult-only serneity area will allow topless sunbathing again?

I doubt it somehow, however if you happen to be on the same cruise as us we have pretty much a whole corner taken (3 cabins) and we are turning that into our own F deck :D

NOPE!! :(

According to this thread http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=21590721&posted=1#post21590721 we are correct to be concerned.

According to this poster they have gotten confirmation from John Heald that the aft wraps are NOT aft wraps afterall :eek:. They are looking to resolve the situation "quickly" - what ever that may mean :o

Oh wow John actually answered my question ! and I missed his reply :(

Well that really sucks, we are kind of locked into the cabin, as I stated above there is a whole bunch of us taking this cruise and we have friends on either side of us....... Just to let you know whats going through my mind right now...think of all the 4 letter words and string them toegether......

I don't know what I am going to do yet, I really don't feel like paying all the extra money for a wrap, when there isn't one.

After looking at a lot of the pictures and seeing how the Aft balconies were set up I actually canceled the one I had in May. I just don't like the looks of them as much as I do one the other ships. I will be in a wrap in two weeks on the Freedom, but decided to go a different route on the Dream. After thinking about it I really want to try out the Spa Suite so I switched it out last week. It will be something completely different for us and I am looking forward to it.

Oh wow John actually answered my question ! and I missed his reply :(

Well that really sucks, we are kind of locked into the cabin, as I stated above there is a whole bunch of us taking this cruise and we have friends on either side of us....... Just to let you know whats going through my mind right now...think of all the 4 letter words and string them toegether......

I don't know what I am going to do yet, I really don't feel like paying all the extra money for a wrap, when there isn't one.

Yeah...I am anxious to hear what the "compensation" for those booked is until they can get it "fixed" :(. I wonder if MandM will have any insight when they get back :confused:?

My guess is that they didn't just discover this "oversight", but were aware of it for some time - I hope that's the case, because the alternative is even less palatable (as in: I hope nothing from a structural/safety standpoint got by them as well)! :rolleyes: :eek:

Prior to our 2/27 sailing they will need to either: move the divider (during the 2 day repositioning trip to Pt. Canaveral when there are no guests onboard), move us to wrap 9A on another deck, or move us to a suite . If not, our plans will be a-changin' ! (BTW - all other 9A's are booked for that sailing, or I would have already made the switch).

Let's see what they bring to the table - I trust they will stand up and make things right.

Tom

My guess is that they didn't just discover this "oversight", but were aware of it for some time - I hope that's the case, because the alternative is even less palatable (as in: I hope nothing from a structural/safety standpoint got by them as well)! :rolleyes: :eek:

Prior to our 2/27 sailing they will need to either: move the divider (during the 2 day repositioning trip to Pt. Canaveral when there are no guests onboard), move us to wrap 9A on another deck, or move us to a suite . If not, our plans will be a-changin' ! (BTW - all other 9A's are booked for that sailing, or I would have already made the switch).

Let's see what they bring to the table - I trust they will stand up and make things right.

Tom

Yep! We agree totally!! But as DH and I were discussing it last night - there really are not suitable alternatives. When I spoke with my CVS about this a couple of weeks ago - she told me that all of the 9A's are booked out until April. And...it is probably further than that now :eek:. Besides we have family that has decided to join us on this sailing - which makes us even less flexible.

A suite is suitable on a cost and aggravation basis - but we booked that cabin (as I am sure you did) specifically for the balcony and no suite can offer that :(.

It will be interesting to see how all of this settles out :o. I hope the fix is as easy as moving the divider AND that they can can that done as it repositions to Canaveral.

Edited by happy cruzin

I doubt it somehow, however if you happen to be on the same cruise as us we have pretty much a whole corner taken (3 cabins) and we are turning that into our own F deck :D

so close! We are getting on when you get off...

So what do we do? We're on the 4/17 sailing with two other couples next to us so we really can't move. Should I contact Carnival or have my TA call them? Or do I just wait? This would have been our first wrap cabin and I was SO looking forward to it. I imagine the people who booked the cabin behind those wraps on deck 8 were pretty happy!

So what do we do? We're on the 4/17 sailing with two other couples next to us so we really can't move. Should I contact Carnival or have my TA call them? Or do I just wait? This would have been our first wrap cabin and I was SO looking forward to it. I imagine the people who booked the cabin behind those wraps on deck 8 were pretty happy!

Yeah...we are in the same place - except we sail 1/30/10. We would cancel all together - but family has now decided to join us so cancellation is not really an option. I have an email out to my CVS to see what other options may be offered. But...looking on Carnival.com there are not very many cabin options - for our sailing :o.

As I have said before we booked THAT cabin - almost a year from sail date - because of the balcony :eek:. There are no other cabins available that are a suitable substitute - so I want to talk with her about what my next move should be :(.

I keep hoping that Tom is correct and that they will just move the dividers during the repositioning cruise from NY to Canaveral. If there are no passengers then that would be the perfect time - IF moving the dividers is an option to solve the problem.

I am not boat builder - but it seems to me that moving the divider would be the best solution - if that is possible. Because there are an awful lot of people who have booked those cabins - expecting the 9A wraps....which will eventually mean an awful lot of unhappy people :eek:.

I guess time will tell :cool:!!

Edited by happy cruzin

Well, I too am wondering what to do. My sailing is so far out that I do have the option of switching to another 9a, but after hearing how the cabin is so small as to not fit a chair, nevermind having no sofa, I am hesitating.

And I totally agree with Tom. Why the heck no spirit-type corner suites??

(Although I have never sailed Carnival, I was lucky enough to tour the Spirit once!)

Yes - I booked it for the balcony, but when we ladies are all doing our hair we love to get together, have a glass of wine and do our makeup together while we plan our evening. I can't see it happening in this cabin.

I have heard deck 7 has no seating either....has anyone been in a 9a on deck 6?? Are they also tiny? And is the lounge below them loud??

A CC'er sent me these pics of 8473 on the Dream. :eek:

8473-a.jpg.a0cd699f999190a74c3a05c57a1a3a35.jpg

8473-b.jpg.66cf65f6add0764fbc819da912b8f801.jpg

8473-c.jpg.694c541dc24f3bdd0f97debd34eea068.jpg

8473-d.jpg.b9325d6acbe1faac4847a1deada41140.jpg

Well, I too am wondering what to do. My sailing is so far out that I do have the option of switching to another 9a, but after hearing how the cabin is so small as to not fit a chair, nevermind having no sofa, I am hesitating.

(Although I have never sailed Carnival, I was lucky enough to tour the Spirit once!)

Yes - I booked it for the balcony, but when we ladies are all doing our hair we love to get together, have a glass of wine and do our makeup together while we plan our evening. I can't see it happening in this cabin.

I have heard deck 7 has no seating either....has anyone been in a 9a on deck 6?? Are they also tiny? And is the lounge below them loud??

Is there no desk area either :eek:???

Thanks for those photos --- I can only hope that the 9A's we have booked on deck 6 and 7 have a bit more elbow room in the cabin. I can tell you that from looking at the interior pic of 8473 that I am not willing to be cramped like that - PERIOD. Especially when paying a premium to be in that cabin over a Cat 8.

Carnival... Carnival... Carnival... I understand you are trying to please the masses (and do a good job at it), but what in the HECK (more PC than what was on my mind) were you thinking with these mini corners??? :confused:

But hey... if I wanted a COVE balcony or a FAMILY cabin --- the Dream would be my GO-TO ship. We, however, DO NOT WANT those! :mad:

Tom

Thanks for those photos --- I can only hope that the 9A's we have booked on deck 6 and 7 have a bit more elbow room in the cabin. I can tell you that from looking at the interior pic of 8473 that I am not willing to be cramped like that - PERIOD. Especially when paying a premium to be in that cabin over a Cat 8.

Carnival... Carnival... Carnival... I understand you are trying to please the masses (and do a good job at it), but what in the HECK (more PC than what was on my mind) were you thinking with these mini corners???

But hey... if I wanted a COVE balcony or a FAMILY cabin --- the Dream would be my GO-TO ship. We, however, DO NOT WANT those! :mad:

Tom

EXACTLY my thoughts :mad:!

What they heck did we pay the "premium" for :mad: :eek: !! Why in the heck (also not really what I am thinking) would they call THOSE a 9A :confused:???!??!??!?!

Needless to say....I am quite upset and disappointed. I now know that those cabins were misrepresented :mad:!!!

Edited by happy cruzin