Warning Dream deck 8 aft 9A wraps

jetwet1

Ok, I have gotten some sleep now, so I am in a little bit of a better mood.

This is annoying to say the least, as with many others we have friends that are joining us on our cruise 9/11/10 which does give Carnival a chance to fix this, as Tom says, I would think that the repo cruise is the chance to fix it.

On our cruise there is a (A open on deck 6, however the cabins around it are taken :(

I really do wish Carnival and well every cruise line would spend 5 minutes and make sure their deck plans match what ever is there, it would stop a lot of head aches and a little heart ache.

There are 9a's open on deck 6 for us, too, but now I want to know if they are as tiny as deck 8 cabins??

I booked early saver, and other families are joining us, so we arent going to cancel, but I sure as heck don't want to be cramped like that.

Anyone out there seen a deck 6 9a???? :confused:

Ok, I have gotten some sleep now, so I am in a little bit of a better mood.

I was too --- until I saw those photos. Carnival should be embarrassed, REALLY!!

Here are pictures from a recent stay in a 9A on the Freedom:

482927759_WgAKY-M.jpg

482927446_eyDRf-M.jpg

482927950_LFysF-M.jpg

Granted, it's not HUGE, but it was manageable - and the (almost) 40 foot balcony railing didn't hurt!!

Tom

There are 9a's open on deck 6 for us, too, but now I want to know if they are as tiny as deck 8 cabins??

I booked early saver, and other families are joining us, so we arent going to cancel, but I sure as heck don't want to be cramped like that.

Anyone out there seen a deck 6 9a???? :confused:

Unfortunately, the pictures have been VERY slow in coming. Just knowing what I know about deck 8 now --- I would change to deck 6 without hesitation. The inside CAN'T be any smaller than those on deck 8! :eek:

Tom

Well that sucks about deck 8... but I am curious as to those that say they should move the partitions.. how do you think they could do that and not take away balcony space from the adjoining cabins??? I am a tad confoozled:confused:

I was too --- until I saw those photos. Carnival should be embarrassed, REALLY!!

Here are pictures from a recent stay in a 9A on the Freedom:

482927759_WgAKY-M.jpg

482927446_eyDRf-M.jpg

482927950_LFysF-M.jpg

Granted, it's not HUGE, but it was manageable - and the (almost) 40 foot balcony railing didn't hurt!!

Tom

And we would have no reason to believe that the 9A's on the Dream would be so dramatically different :( :eek:!!

from the inaugural Dream thread -

Well, We had cabin 8473 and paid quite a bit extra for the wrap around. We had no wrap around, no sofa or chairs and could barely fit around the bed. When we inquired, the ship personal agreed with us that we should be given a refund for our supposed upgrade. We received a letter that said they would not compensate us or take care of us. They basically said too bad! I was so disappointed. Please let me have a way to talk to John about this. Thanks.

but should I book deck 6 when it directly over looks the promenade deck below and people walking at all hours of the day?? what kind of privacy is that?

Well --- perhaps if the waiters are hawking drinks around Promenade, you could purchase them directly from your balcony! ;)

:D

(Trying to look at this with a glass half full, though it's hard work!)

Tom

To be fair that is a CAT 11 on the Spirit class the 9A's are not that big;)

YEP - I knew that I was taking liberties when I selected that one (one of my favorites). Though the person who asked did not say what category... :D

Here is a Cat 9A (from two ends -- the BEER is a good reference)!

46224406_tCSxB-L.jpg

46224412_W85dj-L.jpg

Something tells me that this (Conquest class) 9A is better than those on the Dream.

History of (Carnival) AFT-WRAPS:

1> Spirit class (Cat 11) -- best of the best (as was in my previous post)

2> Conquest class (Cat 9A) -- Above photos

3> Dream class (Cat 9A)...

Does anyone else detect a steady deterioration in quality/quantity of aft corners over time? :confused:

With all the "improvements" being heralded with each new class... what's up with that?? !! ??

Tom

Edited by Tom-n-Cheryl

Well that sucks about deck 8... but I am curious as to those that say they should move the partitions.. how do you think they could do that and not take away balcony space from the adjoining cabins??? I am a tad confoozled:confused:

Why should they move it, well a 9 is about $1000 more than an 8 for starters.

Also Carnival is advertising it as a wrap, where in fact looking at all the pictures I have seen the 8's next door to them are the wraps.

Now just to go off topic for a second.

From a legal point, is anyone else amazed at Johns post on his blog ?

Has the legal dept in Miami just spat there corn flakes over the dining room table ?

YEP - I knew that I was taking liberties when I selected that one (one of my favorites). Though the person who asked did not say what category... :D

46224406_tCSxB-L.jpg

46224412_W85dj-L.jpg

Something tells me that this (Conquest class) 9A is better than those on the Dream.

Does anyone else detect a steady deterioration in quality/quantity of aft corners over time? :confused:

With all the "improvements" being heralded with each new class... what's up with that?? !! ??

Tom

LOL we have had 4237 on the Legend.. absolutely LUVED that cabin and balcony!!! We dont need anyone posting anymore threads and complaining that they didnt get that big of a balcony when they book a 9A:rolleyes:

We have had aft wraps on Conquest (deck 7) Freedom (deck 7) Destiny (deck 6) preferred the Destiny because of the couch.. we will have another wrap on the Triumph in Dec (deck 6) cant wait.. and then on the Splendor in April (deck 8).. not fussy with that one tho from the pics I have seen the over hang and divider are the solid ones.. but oh well we will see;)

Why should they move it, well a 9 is about $1000 more than an 8 for starters.

Also Carnival is advertising it as a wrap, where in fact looking at all the pictures I have seen the 8's next door to them are the wraps.

Now just to go off topic for a second.

From a legal point, is anyone else amazed at Johns post on his blog ?

Has the legal dept in Miami just spat there corn flakes over the dining room table ?

I never asked why??? I asked how do you think they can do it??? Please see my post above this I am well aware of the cost of a 9A.. and $1000 is pushing it but it is more expensive...;)

No I dont read Johns blog.. so if you could post a link to said comment would be appreciated;)

LOL we have had 4237 on the Legend.. absolutely LUVED that cabin and balcony!!! We dont need anyone posting anymore threads and complaining that they didnt get that big of a balcony when they book a 9A:rolleyes:

Than just one more (for fun) of 4237 on the Legend! :D

46462811_qPTGh-L.jpg

Tom

YEP - I knew that I was taking liberties when I selected that one (one of my favorites). Though the person who asked did not say what category...

Tom

Agreed :(!!

The really sad part is - those of us with Cat 11 and 9A "experience" have now booked these tiny no wrap cabins. I really wish someone had taken the time to correctly update the deck plans when it became obvious that these were to be tiny - no wrap cabins - rather than to continue the deception :mad:.

It is amazing to me that the contiune to show - and sell -these a full wraps - with reasonable cabin space :confused: :eek:. FRUSTRATING....to say the least!!

Edited by happy cruzin

Agreed :(!!

The really sad part is - those of us with Cat 11 and 9A "experience" have now booked these tiny no wrap cabins. I really wish someone had taken the time to correctly update the deck plans when it became obvious that these were to be tiny - no wrap cabins - rather than to continue the deception :mad:.

It is amazing to me that the contiune to show - and sell -these a full wraps - with reasonable cabin space :confused: :eek:. FRUSTRATING....to say the least!!

I agree it does suck.. someone dropped the buck and is not admitting their screw up.. for those of you that did book those cabins hopefully a nice rebate is in order.. and the bonus is you still get the aft of the ship.. think positive.. dont let it ruin your cruise!!! Carnival MUST step up and make their screw up right!!!

That's right!

Hey - maybe they can move the divider during the short time they have no passengers onboard, but how the heck can they make room for a desk, sofa, or chair???

I booked thinking I was getting something similar to Tom's 9a pics, not a mini-inside with a balcony! ;)

Beautiful balcony or not, if I have to crawl over my bed to cross the room and do my makeup in the bathroom, I may be better off in a regular aft cabin at a substantial savings???:confused:

Than just one more (for fun) of 4237 on the Legend! :D

46462811_qPTGh-L.jpg

Tom

LOL thanks for that.. miss that ship and cabin.. will have to sail her for a 3rd time soon... here is our view with the new chairs... we sailed her in Oct of last year...

n1098244008_30152909_8059.jpg

I agree it does suck.. someone dropped the buck and is not admitting their screw up.. for those of you that did book those cabins hopefully a nice rebate is in order.. and the bonus is you still get the aft of the ship.. think positive.. dont let it ruin your cruise!!! Carnival MUST step up and make their screw up right!!!

Sadly, even a significant "rebate" is not likely to make it good for us. The pictures posted show basically a bed - that you can not even walk around - no sofa, no table and chair and no counter/desk space. We paid wwaaaaayyyyy too much money for a basic dorm room!!

There has been a SEVERE misrepresentation of these rooms. I certainly hope that my CVS calls me with other options - not just a rebate and keeping this cabin!

Like I said before - if I did not have family travelling with us I would have already cancelled.

That's right!

Hey - maybe they can move the divider during the short time they have no passengers onboard, but how the heck can they make room for a desk, sofa, or chair???

I booked thinking I was getting something similar to Tom's 9a pics, not a mini-inside with a balcony! ;)

Beautiful balcony or not, if I have to crawl over my bed to cross the room and do my makeup in the bathroom, I may be better off in a regular aft cabin at a substantial savings???:confused:

Yep!! I am just sick over it and I really feel like we have been duped :eek:!! I would NEVER have booked 8473 - if I knew what it really was going to be!!

The deck plans make it look like 9A's from other ships, my CVS read me the description when we booked and it sounded like 9A's from other ships.

But now......the reality is quite different from 9A's on the other ships. And we paid a lot of money for that "mini-inside with a balcony" :mad:!!

Edited by happy cruzin