Warning Dream deck 8 aft 9A wraps

jetwet1

Sadly, even a significant "rebate" is not likely to make it good for us. The pictures posted show basically a bed - that you can not even walk around - no sofa, no table and chair and no counter/desk space. We paid wwaaaaayyyyy too much money for a basic dorm room!!

There has been a SEVERE misrepresentation of these rooms. I certainly hope that my CVS calls me with other options - not just a rebate and keeping this cabin!

Like I said before - if I did not have family travelling with us I would have already cancelled.

I can understand your frustration.. just hope that they make it right for you.. and the rest of the pax that have booked these rooms.. remember you are gonna be on a cruise... ;)

I can understand your frustration.. just hope that they make it right for you.. and the rest of the pax that have booked these rooms.. remember you are gonna be on a cruise... ;)

Yep, that's the attitude we are taking as well, no matter what we will be on the cruise having fun, the DW has just seen the pictures that were posted, she is not happy, seriously the lack of space in the cabin is making me rethink the whole thing.

the only other aft cabins on my sailing are the 8Gs on deck 7...

those will probably have a bigger room.

i too was expecting something along the lines of Tom's pics (not the cat11 from spirit though..wow those are beautiful!)....and for us, we are paying about 600 bucks or more specifically for.......what?

Something tells me that this (Conquest class) 9A is better than those on the Dream.

History of (Carnival) AFT-WRAPS:

1> Spirit class (Cat 11) -- best of the best (as was in my previous post)

2> Conquest class (Cat 9A) -- Above photos

3> Dream class (Cat 9A)...

Does anyone else detect a steady deterioration in quality/quantity of aft corners over time?

With all the "improvements" being heralded with each new class... what's up with that?? !! ??

Tom

For sure we do lol

The more I sit here and think about it, the more I am going to move to a regular balcony and get a wrap on the Miracle in January. I just cannot justify the extra $1000 it's costing us for that cabin, guess it's time to change my signature.

Edited by jetwet1

We are "used to" Spirit class aft wrap cabins with the balcony like the picture Tom posted. These cabins had SEPERATE rooms also. We were in the same cabin on Spirit 3x and the same # on Miracle. Booking the Dream, we "assumed" we would be getting the same type of balcony AND cabin. We are really disappointed, but will hold off having a nervous breakdown until we see some pictures posted lol :o We ARE on deck 7 so we are keeping our fingers crossed it is okay. HATE looking down on a deck instead of the "unobstructed" ocean tho. :( And yes, I agree with some of the posters (and actually said this in another thread) that this seems to be FALSE ADVERTISING on Carnival's part and I am kind of po'ed that we are paying extra for something we might not be getting. :mad: I think if we ever go on another cruise, we will book the Spirit class Miracle out of Manhattan (our homeport)

CruisinKaren, what are the aft wraps like on deck 7??? We are booked in one in March. My DS and her husband have the L-shaped cabin by us, so if we move we will both want to. This is our first aft wrap, but I would rather just have a balcony, or aft for the extra $$. We were next to the aft wrap on the Liberty and that is why we booked this cabin. Over a year ago.....shucks, my DH will be really disappointed. Thanks for any info on the deck 7 cabins. Not having a couch does not bother us, but the tightness of the cabin would!! Thank You!

CruisinKaren, what are the aft wraps like on deck 7??? We are booked in one in March. My DS and her husband have the L-shaped cabin by us, so if we move we will both want to. This is our first aft wrap, but I would rather just have a balcony, or aft for the extra $$. We were next to the aft wrap on the Liberty and that is why we booked this cabin. Over a year ago.....shucks, my DH will be really disappointed. Thanks for any info on the deck 7 cabins. Not having a couch does not bother us, but the tightness of the cabin would!! Thank You!

Nobody thus far has come forward with ANY photos (from the first sailing) of the corners on deck 6 or 7. One thing which is apparent is that the balconies appear larger on those two decks, and much smaller on deck 8 (which is why this thread started it the first place).

As the information trickles out, we will broadcast it - to be sure!

Tom

Edited by Tom-n-Cheryl

Haven't been there yet :p which is why I am as surprised/amazed and confused as you after reading all these posts. We are on the 11/15 sailing from Manhattan. If you don't get the info before we get back, I will let you know! ;)

Well after talking to our friends and explaining the situation to them, unless Carnival comes up with a serious discount on this room we are moving Monday to a regular balcony cabin on the Dream and moving to an 11 wrap on my birthday cruise on the Miracle.

The balcony we kind off could of made work, but that cabin layout is just horrible and well frankly, I don't go on cruises to be annoyed about something, which I am sure I will be by that cabin, far better to get a regular cabin on go on the cruise in good spirits.

We have one of the 9As on deck 7 booked for the same cruise jetwet is talking about. If the cabin is that cramped we will be looking at another cabin as well. The balcony still looks great but the cabin itself is amazing .. and I don't mean that in a good way. I will be watching like a hawk for pictures of the deck 7 "aft wraps"

jetwet1, I think that is a good plan. I am waiting to see what my options

are. I am going to compare our Spirit aft wrap price/regular balcony on Dream and the Dream aft wrap and see if I think it's worth it to move. There is NOTHING like a Spirit class aft wrap. Make sure you get one with the seperate rooms in the cabin. A big BTW: WTH is F deck???:confused::confused:

I never asked why??? I asked how do you think they can do it??? Please see my post above this I am well aware of the cost of a 9A.. and $1000 is pushing it but it is more expensive...;)

No I dont read Johns blog.. so if you could post a link to said comment would be appreciated;)

Here's the answer John posted on his blog yesterday:

According to the Guest Services Manager this was brought up to the ship yard yesterday in a meeting they had as you are correct. They are not wrap around balconies and therefore they are discussing with the shipyard ways to change this. Meanwhile guests who have booked these cabins based are being compensated accordingly. Hopefully this situation is taken care of quickly and I will let you know accordingly.

So...at least they realize they have really messed up and are trying to make it right. I'd definitely call my PVP and make sure things were remedied. Hopefully, things can be worked out and everyone will have great cruise!

Here's the answer John posted on his blog yesterday:

According to the Guest Services Manager this was brought up to the ship yard yesterday in a meeting they had as you are correct. They are not wrap around balconies and therefore they are discussing with the shipyard ways to change this. Meanwhile guests who have booked these cabins based are being compensated accordingly. Hopefully this situation is taken care of quickly and I will let you know accordingly.

So...at least they realize they have really messed up and are trying to make it right. I'd definitely call my PVP and make sure things were remedied. Hopefully, things can be worked out and everyone will have great cruise!

They may very well fix the wrap balcony issue - but I do not think the can do anything about the snugness of the very small cabin.

If in fact it has only a bed - no sofa, no chairs, no table, no counter/desk I do not think it is acceptable to call it a "9A Premimum Balcony" - much less charge like the 9A's on other ships. :eek:

What I've learned from this thread:

1. Don't book on a new ship until you see some pics/reviews

2. 8C cabins 8462 and 8469 look to be a sweet deal..

3. Aft cabins 8468 and 8475 balconies also look to be about twice the size of the other aft balconies, and the interior room is probably bigger, too.. Same goes for 7461.

4. Don't book the Cat. 9's on deck 8.

I don't blame you guys for being upset. The deck plans are deceiving. But they're not gonna move the dividers. If you think they are, you're fooling yourself. And they probably won't compensate anyone either. The only difference between a Cat. 8 and a Cat. 9, according to Carnival, is that your balcony will be 50% bigger than a regular Cat. 8. That's it, period. It's not a suite, just a bigger balcony. And not a double balcony, 50%. And that's all you're guaranteed. Again, not trying to flame here, just being Devil's advocate. If I had one of those booked, I would cancel it and book something else immediately. It's a rip off. Just hope no one thinks they're gonna get a free cruise out of it. The best you can hope for is that they'll reclassify these at cat. 8 and get some money back, but I wouldn't hold your breath..

Edited by kujobie

We, too have one of those 9A Aft wraps on the same cruise JetT is sailing on, and I ditto everything Kathy said!! I will be also be anxiously awaiting pictures/review of anyone who has sailed on Deck 7. We might be switching cabins, also!! I'm not going to pay that much for an itsy, bitsy cabin-I was shocked to hear no sofa! Kath-where are we supposed to put all our packages? LOL

What I've learned from this thread:

1. Don't book on a new ship until you see some pics/reviews

2. 8C cabins 8462 and 8469 look to be a sweet deal..

3. Aft cabins 8468 and 8475 balconies also look to be about twice the size of the other aft balconies, and the interior room is probably bigger, too.. Same goes for 7461.

4. Don't book the Cat. 9's on deck 8.

I don't blame you guys for being upset. The deck plans are deceiving. But they're not gonna move the dividers. If you think they are, you're fooling yourself. And they probably won't compensate anyone either. The only difference between a Cat. 8 and a Cat. 9, according to Carnival, is that your balcony will be 50% bigger than a regular Cat. 8. That's it, period. It's not a suite, just a bigger balcony. And not a double balcony, 50%. And that's all you're guaranteed. Again, not trying to flame here, just being Devil's advocate. If I had one of those booked, I would cancel it and book something else immediately. It's a rip off. Just hope no one thinks they're gonna get a free cruise out of it. The best you can hope for is that they'll reclassify these at cat. 8 and get some money back, but I wouldn't hold your breath..

Deceiving is not the word :eek:.

The published deck plans are a SEVERE misrepresentation of these cabins - they certainly portray a cabin that does not exsist. When we booked the deck plans looked like 9A's on other ships and the description read to us by our CVS sounded like other 9A's that we have had on other ships, including the sofa, end table etc. And on top of it all...we paid a "premimum balcony" rate - over and above the Cat 8 rate - for the additional balcony space.... which now is not available.

So....something needs to happen :mad:

Edited by happy cruzin

Deceiving is not the word :eek:.

The published deck plans are false advertising - they certainly portray a cabin that does not exsist. When we booked the deck plans looked like 9A's on other ships and the description read to us by our CVS sounded like other 9A's that we have had on other ships, including the sofa, end table etc. And on top of it all...we paid a "premimum balcony" rate - over and above the Cat 8 rate - for the additional balcony space.... which now is not available.

So....something needs to happen :mad:

But the bottom line is, the category you paid for is 50% larger balcony. That's it. That's all, folks. Period. The end. A regular cabin with a 50% larger balcony. And in fairness to Carnival, the interior space on the deck plans does look smaller than the traditional rectangular cabins. You balcony is indeed at least 50% bigger than a traditional balcony. So you have, indeed, gotten what was advertised and paid for. Again, Im not trying to incite a riot here, just bringing a dose of reality to the table. If you think the deck plans are 100% to scale, an exact representation, then you are incredibly naive.

Edited by kujobie

They might as well cut their losses (Carnival that is) and re-categorize the deck 8 9A's to Cat 8's. Swallow that pill, and just make it go away. I am sure they don't like this negative PR concerning their new flagship!

Perhaps we will go back to those ships/cabins which we know and love... Plus - there are other lines out there that KNOW how to offer a greater variety of cabin types, even if at a higher rate.

Tom

But the bottom line is, the category you paid for is 50% larger balcony. That's it. That's all, folks. Period. The end. A regular cabin with a 50% larger balcony. And in fairness to Carnival, the interior space on the deck plans does look smaller than the traditional rectangular cabins. You balcony is indeed at least 50% bigger than a traditional balcony. So you have, indeed, gotten what was advertised and paid for. Again, Im not trying to incite a riot here, just bringing a dose of reality to the table.

Just for the record....I went back and editied my post to say "SEVERE misrepresentation" instead of "false advertising". I believe "misrepresentation" is more accurate.

Edited by happy cruzin

Just for the record....I went back and editied my post to say "SEVERE misrepresentation" instead of "false advertising". I believe "misrepresentation" is more accurate.
ooki

I think all 3 describe it perfectly. I think CCL should correct this "mistake" for future booking cruisers. In the meantime, as others have said, I won't hold my breath for an OBC or any monetary compensation, but maybe a bottle of wine or champagne or even a "free" gift to the specialty restaurant to "us" cruisers who paid extra $ for what we thought we would get but won't, would be good PR. Just MHO. Have ALWAYS been so very happy with CCL and this is really upsetting! :(

But the bottom line is, the category you paid for is 50% larger balcony. That's it. That's all, folks. Period. The end. A regular cabin with a 50% larger balcony. And in fairness to Carnival, the interior space on the deck plans does look smaller than the traditional rectangular cabins. You balcony is indeed at least 50% bigger than a traditional balcony. So you have, indeed, gotten what was advertised and paid for. Again, Im not trying to incite a riot here, just bringing a dose of reality to the table. If you think the deck plans are 100% to scale, an exact representation, then you are incredibly naive.

Here is the thing, I would agree with you except for a couple of things.

If you call up Carnival and ask them if these two cabins are wraps, they will say they are, I tried that today just to be sure.

Also, the deck plans are wrong, plain and simple, Carnival got called on this with the Spirit class cabins 4226 and 4235, their initial reaction was to blow off the passenger, that was until NBC got involved, then all of a sudden the deck plans were changed. Now yes it may be naive to think that what Carnival (and other cruise lines) puts out is 100 to scale and accurate, however it is their job to ensure that it is, a person spending thousands of dollars should be short changed because a company does not print accurate deck plans.

Just from a business point of view it's a bad thing, look at this thread and how many regular Carnival cruisers have booked this cabin based on the maps and what their PVP has told them.

The simple fact is, Carnival (and other cruise lines) need to look at the deck plans they publish and make sure they are correct.

Now, I like Carnival, we cruise on one of their ships just about every year, however in this case we will be giving up the 9A and moving to an 8 AND we will have a blast.

I can't wait to see pictures also of Deck 7. Right now two back afts next door to each other are available for our sailing. We are thinking of calling TA and maybe changing. This will be my sisters 1st cruise so they wouldn't care or know any different. I really couldn't stand a cabin that small. Thank you for any updated info.

If you look at the very first post on this thread, the first picture I linked shows pretty clearly that the deck 7 9A (from a balcony point of view) are the 9A's to go for if your looking for a wrap.

Deck 6 Semi wrap, stops just as the balcony straightens out. 2nd biggest balcony

Deck 7 Full wrap 3rd biggest balcony

Deck 8 No wrap, the 8D is the wrap cabin, smallest balcony

Deck 9 Full wrap, Biggest balcony, but under the lido, is sold as a Cat 8

We have a deck 7 9A wrap and are anxious to see any pictures of that also. As far as no couch goes, there aren't any on the deck 7 and 8 wraps on the Conquest class ships because they are only for 2 people. As far as I understand the Dream aft wraps on deck 6, 7 and 8 are only for two. There are no 3 person aft wraps. That's why there is no couch. But, we have had a little table and chairs in our other aft wraps so we're hoping that is true on the Dream.

We need more pictures soon!

Linda

Here is the thing, I would agree with you except for a couple of things.

If you call up Carnival and ask them if these two cabins are wraps, they will say they are, I tried that today just to be sure.

Also, the deck plans are wrong, plain and simple, Carnival got called on this with the Spirit class cabins 4226 and 4235, their initial reaction was to blow off the passenger, that was until NBC got involved, then all of a sudden the deck plans were changed. Now yes it may be naive to think that what Carnival (and other cruise lines) puts out is 100 to scale and accurate, however it is their job to ensure that it is, a person spending thousands of dollars should be short changed because a company does not print accurate deck plans.

Just from a business point of view it's a bad thing, look at this thread and how many regular Carnival cruisers have booked this cabin based on the maps and what their PVP has told them.

The simple fact is, Carnival (and other cruise lines) need to look at the deck plans they publish and make sure they are correct.

Now, I like Carnival, we cruise on one of their ships just about every year, however in this case we will be giving up the 9A and moving to an 8 AND we will have a blast.

But my point is, there is technically no such thing as a "wrap" category. As someone stated earlier, since the aft of the Dream is curved, all of the aft cabins could be considered "wraps". The description on Carnival's site of the Cat. 9 cabin is 50% larger balcony, and the Cat. 9 cabins on deck 8 fit that description. And like I said, Carnival will tell you anything to make the sale. They'll tell you that the toilet is made out of gold and the bed is made out of chocolate.

Edited by kujobie