Warning Dream deck 8 aft 9A wraps

jetwet1

Wow, it's a very thin rope they are walking on then, they (CCL) are on record as saying compensation will be offered and now they,if we are to believe the poster (trying to be balanced and fair here) they are refusing to offer any compensation, it really does seem like a matter for an attorney to handle.

Here is the post I was referring to.....:eek:

Well, We had cabin 8473 and paid quite a bit extra for the wrap around. We had no wrap around, no sofa or chairs and could barely fit around the bed. When we inquired, the ship personal agreed with us that we should be given a refund for our supposed upgrade. We received a letter that said they would not compensate us or take care of us. They basically said too bad! I was so disappointed. Please let me have a way to talk to John about this. Thanks.

When did they go on record offering compensation? Did I miss that? I've tried to keep up with this thread.. I honestly think it is a losing battle to threaten lawsuit. We are talking a couple hundred bucks. And, as I said, technically, the cabin is a 9A. They haven't promised anything that they can't deliver.

I think he is referring to the post on John's blog......he stated that they were working with the ship yard to get the balcony divider fixed quickly - but in the mean time bookings for those cabins would be compensated.

Would you risk it if your had 8473 booked for jan. 2011??? I'm thinking there is plenty of time to change.....

IMHO......They are never going to be able to fix the size of the cabin :( - and there is some question as to whether or not they can - or will - move the divider :rolleyes:.

If you have already made the decision that 8473 is not going to work for you - then I would go ahead and change.

If a corner (9A) is available on deck 6 or 7 - I would make the switch... NOW !!! :eek:

Tom

I had that cabin booked for March 2011...but now I'm on the 6th deck.

I personally wouldn't wait. Even if they move the divider. That room is way too tiny.

IMHO......They are never going to be able to fix the size of the cabin :( - and there is some question as to whether or not they can - or will - move the divider :rolleyes:.

If you have already made the decision that 8473 is not going to work for you - then I would go ahead and change.

oops.....didn't see you made the same point! We must have been typing at the same time....:o

24 hours after I switched from 8473, it appears that somebody else has booked it for my cruise on December 3. Obviously not a cruise critic reader.

24 hours after I switched from 8473, it appears that somebody else has booked it for my cruise on December 3. Obviously not a cruise critic reader.

Yeah...the one we switched from is gone too.

Boy oh boy are they in for a BIG surprise :eek:!! I am sure that they think they have snagged one of the best :rolleyes:. Bet they find CC after they get back to post the complaint....:cool:

Has anyone posted any pictures of the wraps on deck 8 besides those four from the very first cruise?

None that I have seen :o.

I keep hoping that the MandMs will come back and give us a report - because I am pretty sure that they were in one of those 9A's on the last sailing.

Has anyone posted any pictures of the wraps on deck 8 besides those four from the very first cruise?

Keep an eye on zydecocruisers pictures ;).

It is quite possible that he will "sneak in" and take pictures - especially between his B2B's. He took a lot of cabin pictures when he provided similar pictures of the Splendor.

That'd be nice.

Spoke again to the 1-800 carnival lady, tape recorded ("this call may be monitored or recorded for QC purposes"), had a nice hour long convo with her (then her supervisor) and the original lady (direct quote) "I guarantee 8473 has a couch"

interesting...

I virtually held her hand and had her go to John Heald's blog... she is going to talk to HER supervisors tomorrow and call me back then. She confirmed all the 9As are booked (not just a courtesy hold) :-( for my cruise...so I'm not sure what do do here. They were very adamant of "Carnival is the source of the deck plans, they're not wrong"...you know the story.

So NOT all the PVP / CVS people are aware of the situation re: Dream 9A cabins.

I wouldn't mind finding ourselves in one of the Cat11s on deck 7... But I'd RATHER get waht the heck I'm paying for with the 9A!