Warning Dream deck 8 aft 9A wraps

jetwet1

My PVP was aware of the situation when I called him, and advised us to check with the Purser when we board regarding our "compensation".

I see the suggestions to change cabins - and if our sailing was further out, I would.

We are booked during a holiday (premium pricing), we have been booked well over a year at a good price, we would be penalized for cancelling (fully paid and under 75 days) and I can't see spending more money to book another cabin - even though that is what I would like to do/should do.

just so you are aware, we had 8466 and the purser can only offer COMPENSATION based on information recieved from Miami. We were on a 12day cruise and they only got two responces the whole time.Do not let them blow you off now or you will spend your vacation at the pursers desk!!

Right now I have two cabins booked 8466 and 8470. Our friends are in 8468 so we will either keep the 9A booked in July 08 for a pretty good price and hope for some sort of recognition that we bought something that was not advertised or the 8G which is $250 more than what I could have booked it for back in July 08 but only $10 more than the 9A. Gosh, I am so torn and sad. This would have been our first wrap. I just really don't know what to do. I sure wish some pictures would start rolling in. I've only had an aft, never a wrap so I wouldn't be missing that - I'm more concerned about the size of the cabin. No desk even? Where am I going to put all our stuff?

just be aware that you cannot open the divider between 8466 and 8470...I have pics of all of them ( snuck in when the other occupants got off!!)..just trying to find out how to post them!!

Thank you !!! Finally someone giving us more insight into these dang aft wrap cabins!

Sorry you were disappointed with yours on deck 8, but glad to hear you had a wonderful cruise otherwise!

Did you happen to get a look in the deck 7 aft wrap cabins? Just wondering if the interior layout is also so awkward and cramped. Definitley hoping it is more spacious than a regular cat 8 cabin since they are charging so much more for it!

Thanks. Welcome home!

I thought the deck 7 was larger, Linda will be posting some pics soon. The balcony on deck 7 was AWESOME

...if you want the wrap take 7 or 9...6 is nice but you can hear the shows going on!!

You didn't happen to get pics of deck 6 or 7 wraps did you?

I have heard that deck 7 also had no sofa, but that deck 6 was roomy

and did have a sofa??? :confused:

sorry to say we just got off and he wont be able to walk around the bed,though they may make some changes

Thank you SO much for all of your information. I certainly am not getting what I paid for, and will see if adjustments can be made in our booking. Seems there are only two cabins with problems on this huge entire ship, and I'm not certain how I wound up with one of them!!!! Murphy's law, I guess.

Did you ever receive any compensation? That's about as good as you could get once onboard I would think. I'm going to try my hardest to have my cabin changed. I'm sure our cruise will be sold out as it is NYE. Ugh:(

We had this cabin on the Oct 3rd sailing. I will post pics once I upload..but..the cabin is small..the bed basically going up to the outside wall so walking past at night I had quite a few bruises. No sofa and the desk is around the corner and felt like dead space. That is where the phone was and was inconvenient. Especially because if it rang you had to jump over the bed to get to it. The balcony is definately not a wrap. I made a complaint on the ship and will follow it up with a letter. I would certainly NOT pay the 9a rate for this cabin but the balcony is definately larger than a normal one. I would actually take 8462 as it got most of our WRAP..lol..I snuck in and will post those pics later also..

I must say though,the ship is gorgeous and we loved EVERY moment...if you want the wrap take 7 or 9...6 is nice but you can hear the shows going on!!

Thank you for coming back and helping us with information to sort through this mess :(. I am sure that your photos will help people decided what - or what not - to do.

I am sorry that the cabin was such a disappointment - but I am glad that you enjoyed the cruise. I look forward to the interior photos of your cabin and I wish you the best as you fight for compensation!

Edited by happy cruzin

Thank you SO much for all of your information. I certainly am not getting what I paid for, and will see if adjustments can be made in our booking. Seems there are only two cabins with problems on this huge entire ship, and I'm not certain how I wound up with one of them!!!! Murphy's law, I guess.

Did you ever receive any compensation? That's about as good as you could get once onboard I would think. I'm going to try my hardest to have my cabin changed. I'm sure our cruise will be sold out as it is NYE. Ugh:(

Any luck?? I know a week or so when I called about our sailing for January 30 - there were not a whole lot of choices :(.

This whole this is so frustrating....:mad:

just so you are aware, we had 8466 and the purser can only offer COMPENSATION based on information recieved from Miami. We were on a 12day cruise and they only got two responces the whole time.Do not let them blow you off now or you will spend your vacation at the pursers desk!!

Yeah...those of us who have contacted Carnival while you were gone are getting the same run around. Everyone agrees that "compensation is due" :eek: - but no one has come through yet :mad:.

Any luck?? I know a week or so when I called about our sailing for January 30 - there were not a whole lot of choices :(.

This whole this is so frustrating....:mad:

No resolution yet. I'm working on it today. Booked over a year ago... and here I am trying to make a bad situation good. Frankly, for me it isn't "compensation" at this point, it is a cabin that we can live with. The resolution I will be satisfied with is a regular balcony with OBC (and lots of it) or an upgrade for us at no cost. I'm probably dreaming thinking they would do either of these. Guess that's fitting since the problem is my cabin on the Dream:mad:

No resolution yet. I'm working on it today. Booked over a year ago... and here I am trying to make a bad situation good. Frankly, for me it isn't "compensation" at this point, it is a cabin that we can live with. The resolution I will be satisfied with is a regular balcony with OBC (and lots of it) or an upgrade for us at no cost. I'm probably dreaming thinking they would do either of these. Guess that's fitting since the problem is my cabin on the Dream:mad:

Yep...I hear "ya :mad:!!

You are exactly where we were a week or so ago :(. The only thing I have been successful with - so far - is that when we moved they gave us the early saver rate on the new cabin (as though we had booked it - when we originally booked the 9A).

I specifically asked my CVS the other day if she thought that they were dragging this whole thing out hoping that we would just give up :eek:. She assured me that SHE was not going to let that happen. So.....everyday I send her an email to check the status. Everyday I hear "nothing yet"...but I will keep trying!

You are exactly where we were a week or so ago :(. The only thing I have been successful with - so far - is that when we moved they gave us the early saver rate on the new cabin (as though we had booked it - when we originally booked the 9A).

I specifically asked my CVS the other day if she thought that they were dragging this whole thing out hoping that we would just give up :eek:. She assured me that SHE was not going to let that happen. So.....everyday I send her an email to check the status. Everyday I hear "nothing yet"...but I will keep trying!

I certainly don't think I should have to pay anything extra for any changes...should I? I'll report back as the day develops, if I hear from my PVP. I'd just like to resolve it while there are still cabins available.

I certainly don't think I should have to pay anything extra for any changes...should I? I'll report back as the day develops, if I hear from my PVP. I'd just like to resolve it while there are still cabins available.

That is how we felt. We were afraid that the longer we waited the fewer choice we would have :eek:!!

Edited by happy cruzin

Thank you, thank you, thank you MnM's!!!!!! It's so great to get some feedback on this cabin to help us make our decision. Our friends are in 8468 and we have 8466 AND 8470 (the cabins on either side) booked at this point. If the inside of 8466 is as small as you say then I'm going to try and do everything I can to get Carnival to honor the price that 8470 WAS back when I booked the wrap and then we'll give up 8466. I'll be very interested to see the inside pics - so glad to hear everything else was positive!!! Thanks again for providing us with the information!!

I'm looking to book a July cruise and am waiting for pics of the Deck Six & Seven Cabins before I do. A couch would be nice as our 10 year old ends up in our room even though we book her with her big sister. I know someone posted that their deck 6 cabin had a couch but I really need to see it and the cabin configuration before I do so.

Had a wrap on Deck 6 of the Victory. Freaking amazing to have all the space - had the next 2 cabins down the side and had all dividers open as well.

Edited by KJPG

themnm's - oh I so hope you hop back on this thread and post some pictures of the interior of 8466. There are many people anxiously waiting to see just how small and cramped these DECK 8 cabins are so they can make a change if necessary.

It's necessary. Don't wait!!!

Tom