Warning Dream deck 8 aft 9A wraps

jetwet1

Yes we had plenty of room, it was not a tight fit at all. The little space by the cupboards was great to put your luggage. It is not as big as some 9a's on the conquest but I would not hesitate to book this room again. It was very quiet back there and our room stewart was great. I think you will like this room. Linda

Thanks for coming though with those much awaited photos!

Tom

Thanks for posting the pictures. That is our cabin for the 11/15 sailing. Just to clarify, are the balcony doors where the curtains are drawn by the desk? I think I have strayed too far-it's back to Spirit class aft wrap balcony cabins for me! :p:eek:

Thanks for posting the pictures. That is our cabin for the 11/15 sailing. Just to clarify, are the balcony doors where the curtains are drawn by the desk? I think I have strayed too far-it's back to Spirit class aft wrap balcony cabins for me! :p:eek:

Yep...the Spirit class aft-wraps are beyond compare :D. But.....they are also categorized as suites :( which definatley bumps up the price ;).

Thank you, thank you, thank you for the pictures! Not too different from a 9A on the Glory on deck 7. I feel a great sense of relief now! I can live with that cabin, but can't believe they even tried to make the one on deck a cabin for 2!

Yep....also similar to the 9A we had on the Splendor.

The 9A's are often "odd" in shape and size - but these photos do look similar to other 9A's we have enjoyed!!

Yep...the Spirit class aft-wraps are beyond compare :D. But.....they are also categorized as suites :( which definatley bumps up the price ;).

I asked DH about this (he handles all the bookings/finances, etc for cruises) and he said the Dream 9A was "about" the same as our Miracle aft wrap...he thinks the price difference is because it's a new ship. :confused::confused:

I asked DH about this (he handles all the bookings/finances, etc for cruises) and he said the Dream 9A was "about" the same as our Miracle aft wrap...he thinks the price difference is because it's a new ship. :confused::confused:

Yes....new ships sell at a higher rate that the older ships - just because they are "new" :o

Here are the long awaited pictures of the 9A Veranda deck and no it is not a wrap balcony. The room is small and the balcony is small but bigger then a regular balcony. I will post as the last picture the balcony of the cabin next to the 9A that has a nice wrap balcony. When I took the picture of the 9a balcony I was standing at the end of the balcony so that you can judge how big it is.

EuropeanVacation200921699.jpg?t=1256172163

EuropeanVacation200921700.jpg?t=1256172398

EuropeanVacation200921701.jpg?t=1256172458

EuropeanVacation200921703.jpg?t=1256172545

Cabin next to the 9A

EuropeanVacation200921702.jpg?t=1256172600

Thank you, thank you, thank you for these pics!!! I have a pretty stupid question - from looking at the two interior pictures I don't see any desk or TV and where might the bathroom and the door to the hallway be?

It's great to see pics of the aft wraps trickling out !

So, deck 8 is crampy with no sofa and no chairs,

Deck 7 has chairs at least and more room...

The cabins are getting better with each lower deck!

Bring on the deck 6 pictures!! Can't wait to see them!!:D

Well..enough of wraps....how bout us "regular" aft balconies!! he he...any pics of 7465??? We are going for Thanksgiving (23 November) yeah!! only 32 days....We had a wrap balcony on the Triumph in June 2009, so not sure if we are going to be alittle disappointed...always nice to have the "biggest" balcony on the ship..but then again, any room is great to me...as long as I am away from work and out at sea!! :)

So no couch....but is there a chair????

OH! Now that I go look again, there is a little table, but no chairs!

A little stool for the makeup desk, but that's it.

I guess I got so excited actually being able to see a bit of space that I got carried away!!

sorry.....:o

Again I beg ....BRING ON THE DECK 6 PICS!!!

I am still struggling with trying to move from 8466 .... here is the latest I received from CCL

Cabin 8466 is located in the aft part of the ship on the corner and does have a wrap around balcony. You can view the location of you cabin and login to www.carnival.com. Click on Fun Ship and then select Fun ship Fleet. Select the Carnival Dream and click on Deck Plans. Below is a description of your cabin.

8466 9C OSTW 185/75 = 260 sq ft

Beds twin/king / rab: 0

View window and wrap-around balcony Balcony partition connects to: none

Bathroom shower-toilet-sink

Features: flat screen-TV; telephone; 110 AC current; individual climate control; hair dryer; safe; minibar; 3-closets; sofa and coffee table; Balcony features: 2 patio chairs and table

We are unable to change your cabin since it does have the wrap around balcony.

If there is anything

else we can do for you please don't hesitate to ask.

I replied

I love cruising with Carnival, and really dislike to disagree. I've seen the photos, inside and out of the ship (Dream), and would be happy to forward them to you. I've heard from others who have stayed in the cabin. Would you consider calling the purser or other individual on the ship to personally give you this information?

I see that you have cut and pasted the information that I used to book the room, however, it is inaccurate. Information available at the time of booking was the same as you have cut and pasted; however, the real life situation is different.

Would you please investigate the matter further?

If not, may I take it as a guarantee that this cabin has a wrap balcony and a sofa? And would you please let me know what to do if the cabin is not as you have described?

I really do appreciate your assistance on this matter and await your response.

Any suggestions? I'm really frustrated. I'm thinking my next step will be another phone call.:(

Well..enough of wraps....how bout us "regular" aft balconies!! he he...any pics of 7465??? We are going for Thanksgiving (23 November) yeah!! only 32 days....We had a wrap balcony on the Triumph in June 2009, so not sure if we are going to be alittle disappointed...always nice to have the "biggest" balcony on the ship..but then again, any room is great to me...as long as I am away from work and out at sea!! :)

You might want to check another thread, since this one is about the aft wraps.:confused:

Balcony bound - John Heald has said the dividers will be moved as the ship moves from NY to FL so the 2 on Deck 8 will become wrap arounds. If the couch is the deal breaker (it was for me on Deck 7), you might want to call again, ask to speak to a supervisor and make sure you have links on hand to give / send as you speak to them.

Thank you, I have now seen that (Heald's reply was AFTER my communication with CCL).

If the dividers do indeed get moved, I can live with a large balcony and a small cabin -- just not a small balcony AND a small cabin. Need some room for hubby to move around:D

I do believe it is the power of those on Cruise Critic that is bringing this info to the attention of CCL. Good job, guys. I am especially appreciative of all those who have sailed on Dream who have posted info and photos. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!

Please make sure you come back with pics of your cabin & balcony! (If you can sneak into any of the other cabins as well, please feel free. "Hi, I'm here as a representative of Cruise Critic and would like some pictures of your cabin, please.")

These are pics posted by Mafiadon - no room for a couch on Deck 7 aft wraps - looks like you get a stool for the vanity area. No one has posted pics of the Deck 6 wraps. Someone said they had a couch, but I need to see pics to be a believer.

There are the pictures of my 9a room 7459

EuropeanVacation20092585.jpg?t=1256210886

EuropeanVacation20092587.jpg?t=1256211010

EuropeanVacation20092588.jpg?t=1256211062

EuropeanVacation20092589.jpg?t=1256211119

Edited by KJPG

Bringing John Heald's blog to their attention seemed to help, so thank you John. I received two emails from Customer Service today:

Thank you for the information and bringing this to our attention. We are waiting for a reply back from the ship so we can provide you with the information.

If there is anything else we can do for you please don’t hesitate to ask.

Thank you for your loyalty and repeat business. We will definitely investigate the true description of cabin 8466 with the Guest Services desk onboard the ship. As soon as we get a reply we will send you an e-mail.

I've told them if the balcony partition is moved as told in John's blog, then I will be happy with my cabin without a change.:o

These are pics posted by Mafiadon - no room for a couch on Deck 7 aft wraps - looks like you get a stool for the vanity area. No one has posted pics of the Deck 6 wraps. Someone said they had a couch, but I need to see pics to be a believer.

So difficult to tell from the photos. Is the deck 7 cat 9A cabin interior any larger than the regular Cat 8s? Did the poster say they were very happy in general with this cabin ? I wish I had a bit more information! Thanks!

So difficult to tell from the photos. Is the deck 7 cat 9A cabin interior any larger than the regular Cat 8s? Did the poster say they were very happy in general with this cabin ? I wish I had a bit more information! Thanks!

Since there is no couch or chairs I think there might just be less "moving around" space in the wraps. I'm gonna book a plain old aft balcony (they all used to be 8Gs, now there are new codes dependent upon the deck).

Actually, we'll have 2, so we'll still have a bigger balcony. :-)