Warning Dream deck 8 aft 9A wraps

jetwet1

Balcony bound - John Heald has said the dividers will be moved as the ship moves from NY to FL so the 2 on Deck 8 will become wrap arounds. If the couch is the deal breaker (it was for me on Deck 7), you might want to call again, ask to speak to a supervisor and make sure you have links on hand to give / send as you speak to them.

spoke with my PVP yesterday and she did not know anything about the problem ( imagine that:p) but I forwarded the pics as well as Johns blog and she sent it to her supervisor, she called me back and said that her supervisor said that they were aware of the problem and they were sending a crew to the Dream to remove the dividers and that they will be gone by the time they get to New York and if not the work would be done when they got there. as to the room size she said that they were trying to get a better idea of how to enlarge it in some way, at least they are working on it and I agree with OP, small room but large balconey I can live with that

Found this in a member review of the inaugural cruise

Cabin 7454 -

Overall the rooms were great, they have flat screen TVs and the beds were very good. The bed frame seemed a bit higher than previous ships, which means that most luggage should be able to fit under the bed. We had a Cat 9A corner cabin with a larger balcony at the aft, however the room layout meant that there was no small sofa in the cabin. There were small armchairs however. Other than the sound from toilets flushing, the sound insulation between rooms was very good – we never heard our neighbours.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=58645

I think only the deck 6 9A aft wraps on the Conquest class ships had a sofa and would sleep 3. Decks 7 and 8 have no sofa and are only for 2. I'm not sure about the Dream but I didn't think decks 7 or 8 had sofas either. We will be in a deck 7 wrap and it's not supposed to have a sofa.

And not all deck 6 cabins on the conquest class ships have sofas.....the Glory does not; it has a table and chairs. It was not a deal breaker for us, we loved the cabin. We have 7459 booked on the Dream and will be fine without the sofa. They do need to update their information on the DReam on websites ASAP though; imagine plenty of people are upset and surprised to find the information they were given when they booked is not correct!

6452 on the GLORY

2761272140064948802S600x600Q85.jpg

We just got back from our Westerdam cruise and are playing catch up with all the threads.

A big thank you to those people that have posted pictures.

After looking at them we are more than happy that we switched to an 8C, the 9A's on 7 do look better, but still nothing like the Spirit class.

I hope so. We are still waiting for someone to post pics of 7454. The poster of that first review said he would post his cabin pics more than a week ago, but hasn't yet.

Check these out:

Post 370 on page 19 ... just a few pages back. The photos are posted but for some reason I also missed them the first time. Hope this helps!

Thanks to the OP who shared these photos of their cabin!!!

I am really amazed by some of things Carnival is doing right now in regards to these cabins, the sad thing is, we drove right by the Carnival building in FLL twice yesterday and I didn't even think to go in and talk about it with them :p

I have been watching this thread with interest since we are in 8462 on Dec 19th. We always book these "L shaped" cabins for the size of the balconies and did so over a year ago.

I am a little concerned for when they officially move the divider of the 9a wrap next door if our cabin will remain a larger balcony like what they show the map and like on all other decks and like their other conquest class ships? I get it why the 9a's are upset but I hope they don't completely screw this up and shrink ours too small.

I am also wondering how they will re-size the room everyone is talking about on the 9a's - does that mean that make our room smaller?

I have sent a note to my TA - so I will have to wait and see.

Can't wait to see this new ship!

They won't resize the 9A's, can't be done without cutting into the super stucture, there is a slim chance that they will make it a cat8, but honestly, I think they will leave it alone and just annoy x number of cruisers a year and live with that.

For those of you that haven't looked lately, Zydecocruiser has updated his cruise on the Dream with over 8 pages of nothing but cabins. 8466 is in there as well as 9472 (we have that one booked for 9/11/2010. It looks like they are working on the dividers when the pictures were taken of 8466 so there may be more of a wrap.

Here is a link to his page. Go down to:

13 Tue Oct 27, Civitavecchia, Italy, Arrive 8:00am (Carnival Dream, Crystal Serenity, Celebrity Summit)

and look at all the cabin pictures. I know 8466 & 9472 are on pages 4 & 5.

Hope this helps answer questions for all of you.

He has done one heck of a job posting pictures for everyone to enjoy and I for one plan on writing him to thank him for his hard work!

http://www.zydecocruiser.com/CarnivalDream/GrandMed/index.htm

You can see them removing the partition of 8466 in one of those pics!:)

(still glad I switched, tho...pretty tiny room)

And I saw the room I switched to - 6492, so now I am a happy camper, er, cruiser!

A sofa! And I love the balcony!

Edited by lishka

And I saw the room I switched to - 6492, so now I am a happy camper, er, cruiser!

We switched from 8466 to 6492...I'm glad we switched too. :)

Think I looked thru all the pages- did I miss any photos of 7454 deck 7 aft wrap? I did not see any on his site. If you did, please tell me what page. Thanks!

Sure is interesting to see the crew working to move that deck 8 divider!!!

We didn't have time to switch when this info all came to light (passed final payment and any changes were really expensive) so I am HUGELY relieved that they did as they said they would and making 8466 a wrap, as many of us have paid for. :D

I argee balconybound! We're with friends so switching all of our cabins really wasn't an option for us. I could still move to a regular aft on the other side of our friends but it would cost us $250! Not sure I want to do that. I still can't figure out where the bathroom is though - geez - hope there is one in this cabin :eek:

Well....we finally finished looking at all of the cabin pictures from zydecocruiser last night.

I am really glad that they haved moved the divider to make those 9A's on 8 have the wrap balcony. But.....we are still disappointed in the cabin itself. It appears to be very small - compared to other 9A's we have had on other ships. We are very familiar with 9A's and expected it to be oddly shaped and the lay out to be unusual - compared to regular cabins - but we never expected it to be small :o. And it certainly is NOT the cabin - size or shape - that is still on the deck plans :mad:.

Now that we have seen the great photo layout of so many cabin types thanks to zydecocruiser we are really glad that we changed to the Cat. 11 when the first set of pictures was posted.

It is disappointing that we still have not heard anything from Carnival and at this point I will be surprised if then send us a bottle of wine for our aggravation :rolleyes:. But - at least we know that we have made a good choice - for us - when we changed the cabin. Yes - we will miss the aft and the wrap balcony :(. But we still think the change was the thing to do.

Thanks all involved in this process........jetwet1 for identifying the problem, all of you who helped us sort this out and to zydecocruiser for helping us "see" the outcome of the decisions that we made!!

Happy cruising for all :) :D

So difficult to tell from the photos. Is the deck 7 cat 9A cabin interior any larger than the regular Cat 8s? Did the poster say they were very happy in general with this cabin ? I wish I had a bit more information! Thanks!

I am the poster of the photos of the 9A on deck 7. I liked my room and didn't miss the couch or chair. We had plenty of room to walk around, it is hard to say if it has more room then regular room as it is a corner room and shaped differently. I would book this room again but not the Veranda deck even after they move the partition the room is just too small and a lot of wasted space.