Warning Dream deck 8 aft 9A wraps

jetwet1

Here are the long awaited pictures of the 9A Veranda deck and no it is not a wrap balcony. The room is small and the balcony is small but bigger then a regular balcony. I will post as the last picture the balcony of the cabin next to the 9A that has a nice wrap balcony. When I took the picture of the 9a balcony I was standing at the end of the balcony so that you can judge how big it is.

EuropeanVacation200921699.jpg?t=1256172163

EuropeanVacation200921700.jpg?t=1256172398

EuropeanVacation200921701.jpg?t=1256172458

EuropeanVacation200921703.jpg?t=1256172545

Cabin next to the 9A

EuropeanVacation200921702.jpg?t=1256172600

I called the Carnival supervisor back, and she gave me a bit of new information.

She told me they ARE aware of the situation of these balconies, and admitted they are not wraps! FINALLY my Carnival people agree with reality! :-) She informed me that the compensation levels for this is $200 per person, as OBC.. But that's NOT the same as a $ 200 dollar upgrade to a higher category, as we all know!

I'm going to wait on more interior pictures, as Carnival still insists that 8466 and 8473 have sofas in the room...

EDIT: Mafia - nice pics! Which room is that....and did you get others from the other side of the bed...? Like I stated above, I just got off the phone with a Carnival Supervisor and she still insists that the Verandah 9A cabins do indeed have a sofa...

Edited by Amerikaner83

EDIT: Mafia - nice pics! Which room is that....and did you get others from the other side of the bed...? Like I stated above, I just got off the phone with a Carnival Supervisor and she still insists that the Verandah 9A cabins do indeed have a sofa...

There is definately no couch in this room, not sure what the number was but it was the port side cabin. I did not get a picture of the other side of the room because I was standing by the wall. There is a small hallway and then the room which is small and you basically walk to the end of the bed and the door to the balcony is there.

I will post pictures of my 9a wrap which was on the Empress deck cabin 7459 and it had a wrap balcony. I did find that the wraps are smaller on this class ship then on the Conquest class. If I don't post the pics tonight I will tomorrow. Linda

I will post pictures of my 9a wrap which was on the Empress deck cabin 7459 and it had a wrap balcony. I did find that the wraps are smaller on this class ship then on the Conquest class. If I don't post the pics tonight I will tomorrow. Linda

Thanks - looking forward to those. Even if I have to get online during our cruise to see them!!

Packing as we speak -- always kind of FUN!

Tom

Linda/mafiadon, this is the cabin we have on the 11/15 sailing from Manhattan. We **thought** we were booking **Spirit class** wrap afts. We are so VERY WRONG! :eek: Any pictures of the CABIN would be much appreciated. I have already seen the small (comparably) balcony, now I just want to not be surprised by the cabin when we walk in! :rolleyes: Thanks.

lol MnMs - do you have other pics of the interior? Preferably the other side, FROM the little hallway thingy out to the other side of the bed? I want to prove to Carnival there is indeed NO couch in that room.

Edited by Amerikaner83

From John's blog today :

It is with a bit of alarm that I read one of your comment replies, from today, regarding Carnival Dream cabins 8466 and 8473, the “aft wrap balconies” – category 9A – that apparently are not aft wraps…

What were you meaning when you said “Meanwhile guests who have booked these cabins based are being compensated accordingly”? Don’t think I’m asking for a free cruise…I’m just curious as to what “new category” these rooms are listed as…as I booked this cruise on that deck specifically for the Wrap Around balcony…

Thanks!

John Says:

Hello Maverick

It appears that embarrassingly the yard made a mistake when designing these two particular cabins. Our deck plans clearly show them to be wrap around but at the moment they are not. However, the latest news is that on October 28 the partitions will be removed so by the time the ship reaches New York both cabins will once again be wrap around balcony cabins. My sincere apologies to the guests who booked these cabins up until then and as I said those guests have been compensated accordingly.

Sorry to have alarmed you.

Best wishes

John

So according to John, these WILL be WRAP around balconies when the Dream comes Stateside! Too bad though, they can't make the darn ROOMS bigger! :-(

edit - A few more from today:

Susan Asked:

We are sailing on Carnival Dream next May, My husband and I were so thrilled to be going on this new ship. We have been on several cruises all with Carnival. We envied those who had wrap balconies and decided that this cruise we would splurge and get the wrap balcony 8466 because according to the deck plans this was a wrap around balcony. We saw pictures of the back of the ship on blogs and we about fell off the floor when we realized this was indeed not a wrap. We called Carnival immediately the other wrap cabins were already booked. They told us not to worry that this was a wrap balcony. Indeed it is not. We were so discouraged no one would listen to us. When we read your blog about this matter we were so happy finally someone else has noticed this is not a wrap. We do not want to be compensated we want the wrap balcony that we paid for. The other cabin that is paying $ 500.00 less is getting the wrap. I sort of feel ripped off. I am sure there are others who feel this same way. I am so hoping that the divider is moved before our cruise. We are anxiously waiting to see how it will all turn out. Thanks for being such a great person your blogs always give us something to look forward to Susan

John Says:

Hello Susan

Well hopefully by now you have read the comment I replied to a moment ago to Maverick where you will have seen that this problem ………..actually let’s call it as it was………this mistake………..is in the process of being rectified and the partition which was placed there in error during construction is being removed. This means that you will indeed have a wrap around balcony as booked.

My apologies for any worry this may have caused

Best wishes

John

Tom-n-Cheryl Asked:

Tasting something SOUR… we have cabin #8466 booked on the Dream for our 2/27/10 sailing.

We booked #8466 PRECISELY because it was an “AFT WRAP”…

It will be interesting to see how they are going to handle this… and NO, I don’t simply want our rate adjusted to a Cat 8 level. That is not what we booked – nor desire!!! :(

Tom

John Says:

Hello Tom

Please see above and apologies to you as well and I am hope now that “sour” taste has been removed and replaced with something sweet.

Best wishes

John

Edited by Amerikaner83

Well, it's nice the mistake is recognized in regards to the deck 8 wraps but I hope the people who end up in this cabin are OK with dorm room space and no seating.

I'm anxiously awaiting pics of 7459 - that's the cabin we might book for our summer cruise. I need room, and I need a couch.

Mafiadon -

You rock and have answered my question. This room would work for hubby & me but not with a 10 year old as well.

How did you feel about floor space? Was there room to get around the bed?

Thank you, thank you, thank you for the pictures! Not too different from a 9A on the Glory on deck 7. I feel a great sense of relief now! I can live with that cabin, but can't believe they even tried to make the one on deck a cabin for 2!

Mafiadon -

You rock and have answered my question. This room would work for hubby & me but not with a 10 year old as well.

How did you feel about floor space? Was there room to get around the bed?

Yes we had plenty of room, it was not a tight fit at all. The little space by the cupboards was great to put your luggage. It is not as big as some 9a's on the conquest but I would not hesitate to book this room again. It was very quiet back there and our room stewart was great. I think you will like this room. Linda