Warning Dream deck 8 aft 9A wraps

jetwet1

happycruzin - what did you decide to do with your 8473? Do you think Carnival will a) move the partition b) give some kind of on board credit or c) do nothing? I am just so torn as to whether I should pay $250 MORE for the 8G next to our friends or keep the 9A 8466.

We upgraded to a Cat. 11 on 7. Sadly.....we decided that there was NO WAY we would be happy in 8473 :(.

We discussed it for a couple of days - with our CVS - and came to the conclusion that we would have been ok with a good sized room and no wrap OR a wrap with a smaller room. But that a small room AND no wrap was just not going to cut it :eek:!

As far as moving the partition - they may or may not actually move it and we were not willing to risk it not being done by the time we cruise in January.

you should call up your PVP / CVS as well and see what they have to say..

My PVP was aware of the situation when I called him, and advised us to check with the Purser when we board regarding our "compensation".

I see the suggestions to change cabins - and if our sailing was further out, I would.

We are booked during a holiday (premium pricing), we have been booked well over a year at a good price, we would be penalized for cancelling (fully paid and under 75 days) and I can't see spending more money to book another cabin - even though that is what I would like to do/should do.

My PVP was aware of the situation when I called him, and advised us to check with the Purser when we board regarding our "compensation".

I see the suggestions to change cabins - and if our sailing was further out, I would.

We are booked during a holiday (premium pricing), we have been booked well over a year at a good price, we would be penalized for cancelling (fully paid and under 75 days) and I can't see spending more money to book another cabin - even though that is what I would like to do/should do.

Really???!??! :eek: That does not seem to be a good answer....:confused:

We discussed it for a couple of days - with our CVS - and came to the conclusion that we would have been ok with a good sized room and no wrap OR a wrap with a smaller room. But that a small room AND no wrap was just not going to cut it :eek:!

That's what we felt as well.

That is just a very bad idea from the start, at that point you are stuck with the cabin. It's down to you of course.

Really???!??! :eek: That does not seem to be a good answer....:confused:

I believe it is based upon John Heald's blog

"They are not wrap around balconies and therefore they are discussing with the shipyard ways to change this. Meanwhile guests who have booked these cabins based are being compensated accordingly. Hopefully this situation is taken care of quickly and I will let you know accordingly."

So, apparently said "compensation" is being taken care of on board.

Dunno.

The question is, what level of compensation.

I really don't trust Carnival to come through at that point, I would be happier knowing what it is before I even made final payment.

Yep - I would not make final payment unless you are willing to accept something as simple as a bottle of champagne as compensation. You never know what it will be. They may surprise all of us, and then again not.

At least in my case, I am pleased - and know that the suite I switched to from 8466 will be of ample size. With as many shoes (think 1 suitcase!) that Cheryl brings, among other stuff - we need plenty of elbow room!

Tom

Yep - I would not make final payment unless you are willing to accept something as simple as a bottle of champagne as compensation. You never know what it will be. They may surprise all of us, and then again not.

At least in my case, I am pleased - and know that the suite I switched to from 8466 will be of ample size. With as many shoes (think 1 suitcase!) that Cheryl brings, among other stuff - we need plenty of elbow room!

Tom

I'm curious to know how long it will be before that cabin is booked by some unsuspecting schlepp who isn't wise to the ways of Cruise Critic.. He'll be surprised that it is still available, then he will be surprised again when he sees it.. :)

Edited by kujobie

Right now I have two cabins booked 8466 and 8470. Our friends are in 8468 so we will either keep the 9A booked in July 08 for a pretty good price and hope for some sort of recognition that we bought something that was not advertised or the 8G which is $250 more than what I could have booked it for back in July 08 but only $10 more than the 9A. Gosh, I am so torn and sad. This would have been our first wrap. I just really don't know what to do. I sure wish some pictures would start rolling in. I've only had an aft, never a wrap so I wouldn't be missing that - I'm more concerned about the size of the cabin. No desk even? Where am I going to put all our stuff?

I believe it is based upon John Heald's blog

"They are not wrap around balconies and therefore they are discussing with the shipyard ways to change this. Meanwhile guests who have booked these cabins based are being compensated accordingly. Hopefully this situation is taken care of quickly and I will let you know accordingly."

So, apparently said "compensation" is being taken care of on board.

Dunno.

Not according to someone that just came off of the Dream with one of those cabins. They were basically told "tough, it is the cabin you booked" :mad:.

I certainly would not want to wait until we are on board to find out what they are going - or not going :rolleyes: - to do :eek:.

I'm curious to know how long it will be before that cabin is booked by some unsuspecting schlepp who isn't wise to the ways of Cruise Critic.. He'll be surprised that it is still available, then he will be surprised again when he sees it.. :)

No more than a couple of days would be my guess.

CAVEAT EMPTOR :eek:

Tom

Not according to someone that just came off of the Dream with one of those cabins. They were basically told "tough, it is the cabin you booked" :mad:.

I certainly would not want to wait until we are on board to find out what they are going - or not going :rolleyes: - to do :eek:.

Wow, it's a very thin rope they are walking on then, they (CCL) are on record as saying compensation will be offered and now they,if we are to believe the poster (trying to be balanced and fair here) they are refusing to offer any compensation, it really does seem like a matter for an attorney to handle.

Tom / Happy Crusin' -

Did you guys just end up biting the bullet and paying the difference between the Cat11 and the 9A y'all originally had booked?

I'm thinking of going to the Cat11 if no deck 6 wraps open up. But I'm not wanting to be paying the full difference in price.

Tom / Happy Crusin' -

Did you guys just end up biting the bullet and paying the difference between the Cat11 and the 9A y'all originally had booked?

I'm thinking of going to the Cat11 if no deck 6 wraps open up. But I'm not wanting to be paying the full difference in price.

We managed to do some creative shuffling - that and other things helped to make it close to a break even "upgrade". I am OK with that -- it should be a nice cruise!

Tom

Edited by Tom-n-Cheryl

Wow, it's a very thin rope they are walking on then, they (CCL) are on record as saying compensation will be offered and now they,if we are to believe the poster (trying to be balanced and fair here) they are refusing to offer any compensation, it really does seem like a matter for an attorney to handle.

When did they go on record offering compensation? Did I miss that? I've tried to keep up with this thread.. I honestly think it is a losing battle to threaten lawsuit. We are talking a couple hundred bucks. And, as I said, technically, the cabin is a 9A. They haven't promised anything that they can't deliver.

Edited by kujobie

I had 8466 booked for April 24th, 2010 and due to the concerns of this 9A wrap, I felt for the money, the room and balcony was not worth the money we were paying. So folks, we actually went to a Deluxe OV. I am very pleased with my decision and will check out the different wraps, cove balconies, and other choices when we cruise the next time. We do have an aft balcony for Dec 26th. If I get some good information and photos at that time, I will let everyone know.

Tom and Cheryl - hope to sail with you again sometime.

Ben and Lois:)

Tom and Cheryl - hope to sail with you again sometime.

Ben and Lois:)

Ah yes --- the Glory last August! That was a very nice cruise. No doubt our paths will cross again. We have sailed with some here on CC 2-3 times (and not intentionally in a few cases)!

Tom

First review is up of the Dream. Had the actual cabin we will have, aft 7454. Said they had problems with the thermostat, with the different layout there was no couch but 2 small chairs. No mention of a table or the room being too small.[/quote

Where is the review? We are in the opposite corner aft: 7459. Thanks!

First review is up of the Dream. Had the actual cabin we will have, aft 7454. Said they had problems with the thermostat, with the different layout there was no couch but 2 small chairs. No mention of a table or the room being too small.[/quote

Where is the review? We are in the opposite corner aft: 7459. Thanks!

It's on the front page - sumbmitted by Mark2 ;)