Warning Dream deck 8 aft 9A wraps

jetwet1

I think that they will take the easiest (aka CHEAPEST) path to solve the issue: Keep your eyes out at Carnival.com for revised deck plans (with a tiny little divider m o v e d ...). :rolleyes:

:D

Tom

You are being paged on our roll call! ( 27th). See ya there.

I think that they will take the easiest (aka CHEAPEST) path to solve the issue: Keep your eyes out at Carnival.com for revised deck plans (with a tiny little divider m o v e d ...). :rolleyes:

:D

Tom

I think, if anything, they'll reclassify the cabin as a cat 8. And 8462 and 8469 may become category 9's. That would make it a wash for them and they wouldn't have to break out the mig welder. We shall see. ;)

Edited by kujobie

I think, if anything, they'll reclassify the cabin as a cat 8. And 8462 and 8469 may become category 9's. That would make it a wash for them and they wouldn't have to break out the mig welder. We shall see. ;)

That makes sense.

Even better: take down the divider and the wall between cabins 8466 and 8468.... modify the (now one) cabin and make it a Cat SS. Same for the other corner! They can charge a rate higher than a Cat 12, and kill two birds with one (though pricey) stone. That would have to wait until a dry dock obviously!

Just let them allow me to make some of these changes - it's fun and easy to spend other people's $$ !!

Tom

Well......they are already saying that 8473 is a 9A - but without a wrap :rolleyes:.

That makes sense.

Even better: take down the divider and the wall between cabins 8466 and 8468.... modify the (now one) cabin and make it a Cat SS. Same for the other corner! They can charge a rate higher than a Cat 12, and kill two birds with one (though pricey) stone. That would have to wait until a dry dock obviously!

Just let them allow me to make some of these changes - it's fun and easy to spend other people's $$ !!

Tom

Keep up the fight for your suites, Tom. Ya never know who is listening ;)

That makes sense.

Tom

I'm with ya! I like your idea earlier of having a couple mega-suites, and this is a perfect opportunity for them. Remove the divider on the balcony, knock down the wall between the cabins and put a wet bar in where it was, and they could double the money they would make selling those cabins seperately. Well, maybe if they threw a hot tub in there somewhere.. Let's go to work for Carnival and tell them what for! ;)

Edited by kujobie

That would probably be the best way to go, save everyone time, head aches and money, though due to the layout I would still go for a regular balcony cabin over one of those just due to size limitations.

On the phone now with one of the phone drones @ carnival...

She's trying to tell me they DO have a wrap on 8473, as well as couch table chairs...I quoted her John's blog response and she now has me on hold - she's telling me she'll e-mail the ship directly and forward it to me.

She seems to be pretty adamant "check the deck plans, they show the wrap". I'm telling her sure the deck plans show it, but the pictures do not.

More proof that if you call 10 people up at Carnival you're bound to get 10 different answers...

So, she took me off of hold and told me her supervisor emailed the ship and the ship will email her back, and forward me a copy of it as well as any pictures (which were requested) if available of these cabins.

I will of course share anything I get here on this thread.

For kicks, everyone - you should call up your PVP / CVS as well and see what they have to say.

ALSO - Check out the "discover cabin categories" for the 9A on the Dream. Those pics are WAAAAAAAY Different than what this category really appears to be. Bait and switch? go to carnival.com/Dream. Click on the "stateroom savvy" link, and look:

9a10.jpg

See where it says "premium balcony"? Look at that size. ALSO: look at the bottom of the pic, and it shows what.....that's right boys and girls! TABLE and chairs!

fail.

Yep, it's a wrap, I have just been assured 100% that it is, got to love them.

Now seriously, while it is kind of fun for us to torment them like this (except if your a Carnival kool aid drinker) I feel sorry for the people spending thousands of dollars on these cabins.

Thing is...I AM paying thosands of dollars for this cabin...8473. And it's NOT fun.

Not wanting to sound cold, but switch cabins, we did yesterday.

I just can't see paying that amount of money for a cabin that isn't going to make you happy.

Tom, I see in Dec. you are in 7454! You will have to update me how the cabin is. We won't sail till March 20!! Thanks....hope your new cabin will be great!!

If nobody else comes through with pictures by the time we sail (unlikely - but who knows :eek:) then rest assured I will take plenty!!

Tom

We're booked in 8466 - our friends next to us aft. I've put another deposit on 8470 to hold it but right now the price is $250 higher than what our friends booked at. Do you think it is unreasonable to ask Carnival to honor that lower price? I really don't know what to do at this point. We sail on 4/17 and I'm doubting that they will move the partition.

I've been reading this thread with considerable interest. I can't really tell if the cabins mentioned are wrap arounds or not. Seems like the deck plans Carnival displays should be as accurate as possible! My concern is 9A cabin 6479 on the upper deck. My brother in law has booked that cabin for the 8/21/10 sailing while we have 8A 6477 next to that cabin. Any info on these cabins? Is 6479 a wrap around as the deck plans indicate. My email is tomjamison_66@yahoo.com

I've been reading this thread with considerable interest. I can't really tell if the cabins mentioned are wrap arounds or not. Seems like the deck plans Carnival displays should be as accurate as possible! My concern is 9A cabin 6479 on the upper deck. My brother in law has booked that cabin for the 8/21/10 sailing while we have 8A 6477 next to that cabin. Any info on these cabins? Is 6479 a wrap around as the deck plans indicate. My email is tomjamison_66@yahoo.com

According to my CVS.....Carnival now recognized that 8473 is NOT a wrap. They are still calling it a 9A - but not a wrap :o.

Still seems like way too much money for a tiny cabin :eek:....I can't believe that they are sticking with the 9A category for that cabin.

Someone on these boards has stayed in a 9a on deck 6 and they loved it. Wrap balcony, roomy cabin with a big sofa. Haven't seen any pics yet, but apparently that should be a good spot! The only negative they had to say was that the bathroom door did not open flat against the wall. Sounds alrite to me! Here is a bit of what she wrote:

Originally Posted by sistermerm viewpost.gif

I had 6492... the room was HUGE!! The sofa was nearly seven feet long... lots of storage; the only drawback was the bathroom door would not open flat against the wall. The balcony was large enough for a lounge, two chairs and a table. I am going back on this ship in October 2010 and plan to book this same room

Cat 11 - Empress deck. There were no 9A's available on deck 6 or 7, and at least this way we will have room to walk around the bed!

Tom

Hey Tom, we will be down the hall from you about 3/4 of the way back starboard..Our friends from California are in a suite on empress and it looks like their room is overlookig one of the hot-tubs.....Dennis

Hey Tom, we will be down the hall from you about 3/4 of the way back starboard..Our friends from California are in a suite on empress and it looks like their room is overlookig one of the hot-tubs.....Dennis

I did not even think about that aspect of our new cabin location.... time to hit the deck plans! :)

Tom

happycruzin - what did you decide to do with your 8473? Do you think Carnival will a) move the partition b) give some kind of on board credit or c) do nothing? I am just so torn as to whether I should pay $250 MORE for the 8G next to our friends or keep the 9A 8466.