Unbelievable video on youtube of Miracle riot

smeck

I can't tell whether they know what they are complaining about just by looking at them. How can you tell?

I thought "riot" meant turning over chairs and lighting things on fire.. That was just more like a WWF crowd waiting for the main event...:rolleyes:

I thought "riot" meant turning over chairs and lighting things on fire.. That was just more like a WWF crowd waiting for the main event...:rolleyes:

Sure doesn't look like a riot to me either. Calling this a riot seems hyperbolic. Maybe "a bunch of angry people on a cruise" is a more accurate description?

Why would anyone be surprised that pax were upset?

Alcohol + Rough Seas + Ignorance (assuming they didnt read the contract)=

recipe to riot!

I was looking at the video, and wondering: with as many times as this has happened, why did this specific event spur a riot (I agree it didnt look like rioting, but anyway...). It lends to the concept of 'mob mentality' where a few people can really get a crowd going!

I think the real shame goes to Carnival on this. They give no reasons for why they are making a change until after people start demanding it. Then, what is a correct and understandable explaination is falling on ears that are too mad to hear what they are being told.

<snip>

A whole lot of problems could have been avoided if they had talked to the paxs instead of saying we are changing the trip, you'll get $20 to your account, and if you have questions about our actions, tough, keep them to yourself because we don't have to tell you anything. <snip>

I have to agree with you. When Elation was diverted to Nassau headed out of Miami the Captain made a detailed announcement early the following morning explaining that he had made the decision due to a medical emergency. He explained that as a result it was likely we would miss at least one port of call.

Most people understood this. While there were a few complaints everyone knew what was going on and most were quite willing to accept that the correct decision had been made.

Fortunately for us the Captain was eventually able to rearrange our route and we got to all the ports. Just in a different order.

I have to agree with you. When Elation was diverted to Nassau headed out of Miami the Captain made a detailed announcement early the following morning explaining that he had made the decision due to a medical emergency. He explained that as a result it was likely we would miss at least one port of call.

Most people understood this. While there were a few complaints everyone knew what was going on and most were quite willing to accept that the correct decision had been made.

Fortunately for us the Captain was eventually able to rearrange our route and we got to all the ports. Just in a different order.

Maybe he was able to rearrange things because by explaining the situation before hand, he did not end up having to deal with an horde of angry passengers.

There are going to be some mad people no matter what they do, just a fact of life, but as for the situation as demonstrated on that Youtube video would not have happened if those people had been talked to before they had a chance to get that angry.

While I would not call this a riot, it would have been a good spot to be a spectator at. Sort of like "listening to angry passengers at the purser's desk" on steroids.

Did anyone read the comments the videographer made at the top of the page? It does set the scene properly.

According to him it seems by deviating to avoid the storm, they ended up almost in it, and had to run before it. I guess the armchair Captains decided after the fact that they would have been alright sticking to the original course.

I guess a decision was made based on best available information, and the storm took a sudden turn that caught them flat footed. Its not clear if this "riot" happened once they were told of the deviation, or after the deviation when they found themselves surrounded by black clouds? So are they protesting about being deviated, or, a bad deviation?

Was anyone on the board on that cruise? Is there another post that refers to it?

I believe I coined the best term back then to describe them.....(and unfortunately every cruise has a few)....

BUS RIDERS!!!!

Riot???......no. Security would not have allowed it to get to that point. They have a brig and are not afraid to use it.

Security realizes that there are usually just a hand full of BUS RIDERS and then a couple of dozen sheep that follow them in these kinds of situations.

Fortunately....most cruisers onboard (while understandably disappointed) are travelers who knows that SHIP HAPPENS!!!

As I posted on the utube video, it only takes one loud mouth to fuel a fire and the screaming joker was that person. I see it on the airplane ALL the time.

I believe I coined the best term back then to describe them.....(and unfortunately every cruise has a few)....

BUS RIDERS!!!!

Riot???......no. Security would not have allowed it to get to that point. They have a brig and are not afraid to use it.

Security realizes that there are usually just a hand full of BUS RIDERS and then a couple of dozen sheep that follow them in these kinds of situations.

Fortunately....most cruisers onboard (while understandably disappointed) are travelers who knows that SHIP HAPPENS!!!

I couldn't believe what I saw. Pasengers going crazy because the itenerary was changed due to a storm. Just search Miracle riot on youtube. You won't believe it. Anyone else experience similirar issues?

They had similar problems like that on the Legend this past April when ports were closed due to H1N1.

Some people are so self centered they really believe everything revolves around them and that they deserve better than what they agreed to in the cruise contract. Actually, these people probably never read the cruise contract. Disappointed yes, but, heck, I learned to get over disappointment when I was a child and didn't get what I wanted for Christmas or a birthday. If I wold have acted, or thought of acting, that way; I would have been slapped upside my John Brown hindparts.

Archived