Onboard credit offer for freestyle rewards...

warriorking

:) NCL sent me a email offering to give me a instant $100 onboard credit on my upcoming cruise in January on the Jade, just need to put $250.00 deposit down on a future cruise of my choosing while onboard...Its good for up to 4yrs...sounds like a nice investment and reward to go along with my already existing $125.00 onboard credit....

I also received the same email since I am sailing on the Gem next month. This offer is always available on a NCL cruise. I have purchased and used 4 so far and intend to buy at least one next month. You can buy up to 4 per person. You'll commonly see this discussed on this board as a Future Cruise Reward. The only thing new about it is the emails advertising it before your cruise.

If you deduct the $100 OBC from the cost of the Future Cruise Reward you will actually be paying $150 for it but the $250 reward is good for the total deposit on a future sailing (except some suites).

:) NCL sent me a email offering to give me a instant $100 onboard credit on my upcoming cruise in January on the Jade, just need to put $250.00 deposit down on a future cruise of my choosing while onboard...Its good for up to 4yrs...sounds like a nice investment and reward to go along with my already existing $125.00 onboard credit....

It is a good deal if you plan to cruise with NCL within the next four years. You can also transfer the 250 deposit to someone else to use if you want to do that. You do not have to book your next cruise while onboard.

Another nice thing about it is you can use it for the entire deposit for the lower price rooms. I believe the total deposit applies to all but the suites and penthouses.

They record the 250 deposit under your lattitudes number, and when you book your next cruise, just tell them you want to apply the cruise rewards deposit to your booking.

It is a good deal if you plan to cruise with NCL within the next four years. You can also transfer the 250 deposit to someone else to use if you want to do that. You do not have to book your next cruise while onboard.

Another nice thing about it is you can use it for the entire deposit for the lower price rooms. I believe the total deposit applies to all but the suites and penthouses.

They record the 250 deposit under your lattitudes number, and when you book your next cruise, just tell them you want to apply the cruise rewards deposit to your booking.

It applies as the full deposit for Penthouse Suites. It is good only as a partial deposit on Owners Suites, Garden Villas and Courtyard Villas.

The offer is always available on board. If you are loyal to NCL it is a good deal. You get $100 OBC and the $250 is half the normal deposit -although NCL is promoting $250 deposits now also. The deposit must be placed against a trip within thee next 18 months (I think) and then the trip can be out another 18 months or so. It is an easy $100.

The offer is always available on board. If you are loyal to NCL it is a good deal. You get $100 OBC and the $250 is half the normal deposit -although NCL is promoting $250 deposits now also. The deposit must be placed against a trip within thee next 18 months (I think) and then the trip can be out another 18 months or so. It is an easy $100.

Those were the old rules, you are correct. But those restrictions on booking are no longer in effect. It is to book within 4 years period now. I bought one 2 weeks ago aboard Pride of America.

• 2 weeks later...
DW and I plan to buy them as gifts for the boys in future years after they've left home. That way their deposit is covered and they have less to pay. It doesn't hurt that mom and dad get the OBC, either:D.

Interesting idea! May buy one in a few months and just set it aside to use for a quick get away on the SKY again.

(I love living only a 3 hr drive from Miami :D)

• 2 weeks later...
We bought 4 future cruise certificates with NCL this last spring and won't be using all of them due to unforeseen circumstances. Considering that those are transferrable, should anyone be interested in buying one or more ($250 each), please contact me at pail98@yahoo.com.

Why would anyone pay you $250 for one when they can get their own for the same price and also get a $100 OBC?

Why would anyone pay you $250 for one when they can get their own for the same price and also get a $100 OBC?

If I weren't already scheduled to go on a cruise to be able claim the $100 OBC it would appeal to me for a future cruise so that I would not have to pay as much upfront. Then on board I could get my own reward and also the $100 OBC.

I'm hoping my husband will want to take advantage of this offer while we are on our cruise in March. He has never been on a cruise before and is a little worried about seasickness so of course I cannot sell home on the benefits of this until he gets on the cruise and see how he does.

Just an FYI - we are booked on the Spirit in August. We had a future credit certificate - booked a penthouse. I was told that it was good for the initial deposit and that I had to pay the additional $750.00 deposit within 90 days. That is fine because I chose the more expensive cabin and I am going to have to pay the $750.00 eventually.

Archived