Prinsendam 2005 World Tour... it has begun

Grumpy1

Grumpy1

If my memory serves me correctly (they say it's the second thing to go :( ) then you should have a special treat when you get to Hong Kong. I remember reading that they have great tailors there. They are supposed to be able to take your measurements in the morning and deliver beautifully tailored suits in the afternoon. All you have to do is to pick out the material and divert Slinkie from shopping for a few hours, unless they also make ladies clothing!

However, I don't know if they have expandable fabrics. The rumor that Grumpy has been unable to pass up the desert trays may require us to change our perpestive of him. We need an unbaised report from Slinkie as to whether she has more of a Grumpy than she had when they sailed. Remember, that a shrinking wallet doesn't make for a shrinking waist line :eek:

So, lets hear it Slinkie, size up your spouse for us!

Ruffin

Slinkie and Grumpy,

OMGoodness, what a wonderful experience you are having! I'm sorry to have joined you so late, as it took me forever to catch up! :eek:

Grumpy, you are a marvelous storyteller, I'm so enjoying your travelogue! :)

Slinkie, you just keep shopping away, as none of us on the shopping thread are doing much! I can't wait to hear more about your emeralds, opals, and black pearls! :D

Now that I got caught up, I want to read frequently, and keep up!

BTW, loved your formal pic! :)

I had a lot of catching up to do! You two have travelled quite a distance since I was last able to read your diaries.

Grumpy, help! Sherita asked, but I didn't see an answer: I hate to be so mundane, but what ARE "carwash" pants???:confused: That's a new one on me! Does anyone know? Grumpy said the women wore them on formal nights.

Hi Doug,

Many thanks for alerting me to this thread.

It is almost 8 am here in Sydney. Have not seen the forecast for the rest of the day, but right now the sky is a bright and clear blue, not a drop of rain in sight. Hopefully's Prinsendam's second day here will be a bit more dry than yesterday!

Stephen

I had a lot of catching up to do! You two have travelled quite a distance since I was last able to read your diaries.

Grumpy, help! Sherita asked, but I didn't see an answer: I hate to be so mundane, but what ARE "carwash" pants???:confused: That's a new one on me! Does anyone know? Grumpy said the women wore them on formal nights.

hehehe glad I was not the only one with a funny visual of carwash pants hehehehe hope someone enlightens us soon :)

Prinsendam,

I have just read your posting and since you must have been reading old posts, I have changed my photo of the Prinsendam to what I think is the Maasdam as we are sailing on her in July. My photo of the Prinsendam was taken after we left her in Venice but I removed it a couple of weeks ago.

We boarded her on the 3rd October in Athens and sailed to the Black Sea before disembarking in Venice on the 16th or 17th October. We loved our time on her and would do it again if we found the right itinerary.

I hope this helps explain the change of photos. Do you live in Sydney?

Jennie

High Prinsendam........can you please take 2 extra brushes on board today......:) my DW and I will be dockside this afternoon to take some pictures and dvd of the Prinsendam...so if you can sneek us on board...;) ..as we cruising with her on June 6th out of Piraeus and looking forward to seeing her....the weather is somewhat better today and should improve this afternoon.......look forward to your further posting.....hope also that GP1 & Slinkie had a good night...could see their cabin on the web cam......

cheers,

Cristiano.

Jennie,

Damn! Or is that just 'Dam' ? We joined Prinsendam in Venice last October on the day you disembarked! We has started off in mid-September on Statendam in Alaska for 12 days then flew to Barcelona to join Noordam for ten days, switching then to Prinsendam. Following that we were on Oosterdam for two cruises and one one Westerdam followed by QE2 from Southampton to New York, arrived back in Sydney on Xmas Eve.

It was like a mini world cruise....83 days, ten cruises on seven different ships. It took a lot of planning, but in the end, not a single glitch. Almost perfect weather the entire time, except for the North Atlantic in QE2 which was rough as expected.

Yes, I live in Sydney... Randwick actually. Will be in Melbourne exactly three weeks today. We join m.s. SAGA ROSE in Auckland next Monday for the leg of her world cruise around New Zealand then Sydney, Hobart, Melbourne, Adelaide and Fremantle.

Please drop me a note on e-mail: prinsendam@hotmail.com

BTW... I've been using 'prinsendam' since 1997 as an e-mail ID. I was fair chuffed when HAL renamed Seabourn Sun, Prinsendam.

Stephen

Grumpy1 and Slinky

It doesn't seem like it has been two weeks since my better half I left you in Honolulu. Slinky and I have been communicating through email, so I know how things have been going and I have also been reading your journal, I wish we were still with you. Slinky says that the two of you have moved from our red sofa in the Queen Mary Lounge, I suppose you just couldn't stand sitting there without us sitting beside you.:) We will continue to keep up with you.

Hi Grumpy I and Slinkie--I have had the pleasure of reading your posts from the beginning. How fabulous it is to be 'joining' you, along with so many other people, on your world cruise! We had the pleasure of sailing on the Prinsendam in July, 2003, R/T San Fancisco to Alaska for 14 days. We were in an SS cabin but I have since forgotten the number. Thank you so much for your posts and the joy you have brought to so many cruise critic members. For the cruise critic members who may never have the opportunity to do a world cruise, thank you for takiing us along.

Some information from Sydney Port Authority and Prinsendam sails out of Sydney Harbour at 6.30pm Australian Eastern Summer Time.

PRINSENDAM

Type :PASSFlag :BAHAMASLOA :204Bow to Bridge :43.6Beam :32.3Summer DWT :6150Gross Tonnage :37845IMO :8700280ThrustBow :1000ThrustStern :736SummerDraft :7.2

Hi Grumpy and Slinkie,

If you read this before leaving Sydney, how about going out onto the aft pool deck at sailaway and waving off the side of the ship that is not facing the Opera House? Better still, get as many people as possible to join you. All of us watching you go on the webcam promise that we will wave back!!!! The webcam is located behind a spire on your starboard side.

The car wash pants I have seen are of a slinky material . They are like pants with a skirt over them, they have slits on each side and front and back. This gives it a sort of fly away look. THe material gives it a lot of movement. They really are nice and dressy. THey are long, not at all like capris or clamdiggers.

Annieeee

Sailaway from Sydney was beautiful, as watched online on the Sydney webcam. I think that there must have been a lot of us watching as it was a bit difficult to get access to the camera due to traffic on the site. Anyway, I haven't done this before, but am trying to post a picture here of the Prinsendam sailing past the Sydney Opera House en route to Melbourne.

915707387_Websailaway16.jpg.4d46f71df9aab56558345de1718c4425.jpg

Archived