Not a Cougar but...

frogquackers

My husband and I are the same age, over 39, but because of the spectacular genes I started going gray at 16 and now have mostly white hair. My hubby on the other hand still gets carded at restaurants. I stopped coloring my hair around the 35 mark because it was easier.

Now I am worried people will think I am a cougar which is not a family friendly thing. Should I color my hair before we go on our cruise? I would hate to be labeled...

:(

Who cares if you appear older? It is nobody's business and probably nobody thinks twice about it. I can understand why Carnival does not want 300 cougars on board with the sole purpose of hooking up. That is very different than a couple who has an age difference or at least the appearance of one.

First time I ever saw anyone ask that question, but due to Carnival's cancellation of "Cougar Cruises", I can see why you are wondering. I say - DO NOT color your hair. Everyone else on the ship will be having too much fun to care whether your hair is white and your husband looks young. And - you'll be having such a good time on the cruise - so DON't EVEN WORRY about it. ;)

Cindy

Don't pay attention to ppl who wrongly judge you. Just have a good time on your cruise!

If you want to color your hair (or wear a wig) just because you want to (or because your hubby thinks it is sexy ;) ), go for it. But otherwise, ignore ppl, relax, and just be yourself. :)

I think the cougar group must have done some behavior to get themselves unwelcomed. I dont think anyone on a ship would be more apt to label you than folks meeting you in real life?? what is the diff?

Why would you be concerned on a ship and not other times??

I can relate to you sister!!! My first grey hair was noticed as young as 12 or so, but thankfully the grey hair gene didn't attack me in my 20's! I got more and more greys in my 20's but I evaded the totally-grey gene and have a more salt n pepper (more pepper than salt) hair. Hair dye does not like my hair, nor does curlers or curling irons. My hair is naturally curly/wavy so I do not worry about that.

I take my greys as a sign of age and wisdom....uhm, but I still want to act and be 21 forever......

I can handle the grey hair bad gene, it is the other genes that have made me the way I am that I do no like....alas, we can't pick and choose and have to accept what and who we are...no, I am not skinny and I can still relate to teenage girls (at the age of 40) with freaked out combination skin issues. I didn't ask to inherit that particular gene, but I did, so I cope and deal with it...I gave up ever thinking I'd be thin and fit into regluar sized clothes and shoes (another bad gene courteousy of Granny--monstrously wide and big feet leading me to wear mostly mens causal shoes and runners only...rarely do I find womens shoes that fit...).

I say YOU GO GIRL! Do not care what others think at all. I like to think it is my life and I will do as I jolly well want to do and screw it up as I darn well want to!

You rock sistah!

Don't worry about your gray hair. I have been gray since the age of 30. My husband always looked younger, but, guess what? We are both in our late sixties and he has caught up with me. As far as the cougar cruise, as long as the ship is not full of them and they behave, I have no problem. When we did our PC cruise we had cougars and cross dressers on the ship. Very interesting group of people, totally opposite, but interesting.

Hey, it's your day - you've been graying since you were 16 and now its finally chic to be after that "younger" man. No one knows you on the boat - forget being labeled, play up the situation and have some fun! I doubt they'll kick you off unless you're having too much "fun" in the hallways or behind those not-so-secret doors. ;)

First time I ever saw anyone ask that question, but due to Carnival's cancellation of "Cougar Cruises", I can see why you are wondering. I say - DO NOT color your hair. Everyone else on the ship will be having too much fun to care whether your hair is white and your husband looks young. And - you'll be having such a good time on the cruise - so DON't EVEN WORRY about it. ;)

Cindy

Carnival did not cancel any "cougar" cruises. A group wanted to book a large block of cabins and advertise them as being for a "cougar" cruise which has sexual connotations. Carnival did not want the group advertised that way without a full ship charter so they said no.

They do not care about a single couple traveling together.

Hell no! Don't do it! Let people think what they want!

Carnival vs. cougars

IMO, the issue is about letting it all hang out for everyone to see. I've seen threads on here were people were on cruises with swinger groups (apples/oranges), but the problem was that people were swinging everywhere! Hallways, bathrooms, pool/hot tub, dinner!. Point is cougar/cubs is sexual. They can't group that on a cruise with families. If they booked the entire ship... different story.

Don't let any of the Cougar talk influence you and your DH trip.. Happy Cruisin'!:D

This is from my wife: YES! If you feel that self conscious about your hair, you should do something. Consult your beautician for a natural look. Perhaps highlighting to match your skin tones. Why be miserable when you can be and feel like a new worman? Relax, enjoy and have a great trip. Sandy.

I really dont see what the big deal is. Men have been dating much younger women for years. Never got the press coverage like "being a cougar" does. Actually it never even got a trendy name. My friends joke with me because technically I to am a cougar. My boyfriend is a little more than 6 years younger then me. But when we met he lied to me and told me he was only 3 years younger then me. We have now been together for almost 3 years and I wouldnt trade him for anything in the world. Does that make me a bad person?

My husband and I are the same age, over 39, but because of the spectacular genes I started going gray at 16 and now have mostly white hair. My hubby on the other hand still gets carded at restaurants. I stopped coloring my hair around the 35 mark because it was easier.

Now I am worried people will think I am a cougar which is not a family friendly thing. Should I color my hair before we go on our cruise? I would hate to be labeled...

:(

LOL..IF your DH looks that much younger than you (which he likely doesn't...you're probably harder on yourself than you should be ;)) then, if I were to see you two together, the only thing I would label you as, is awesome...and I'd think, 'You GO Girl!"

Don't sweat it.

'Cougar' isn't a negative thing. Many of my friends are older than their husbands. I think Carnival not allowing a Cougar group on the cruise was worried about something more than an older woman with a younger man. It was more about what they perceived to be possible behavior of these women while on board. It has nothing to do with you and your life.

Archived