Live on the Quest

Foggyzx9r

Yes Jim, I realize that; but it is very difficult for Carol to see what time it is in the middle of the night on my iPhone.:D

As we iPhoners always say, there's an app for that. Just spend 99¢ on alarm clock pro and find a way to prop up your iPhone (lots of possibles for that for free or with a special case), leave it charging all night and you have a full screen/horizontal alarm clock with numbers big enough to see across the room.

ivzcet.jpg

Jim,

I already have the free version of the app and it works fine. I just want to know if the Quest cabins have an alarm clock.

Azamara used to have alarm clocks that worked just fine. Or at least they did for us. On the last two cruises (most recent September 2009) they had changed to a Chinese alarm clock that was impossible to set. My engineering-trained husband also tried and failed. I asked the butler if he could find one of the "old" alarm clocks, which he did. He said that most of the passengers had trouble with the new clocks. He couldn't understand why Azamara had gotten the new ones.

Thanks for the info TGG. Now I am curious to see what the "Chinese Alarm Clock" looks like and why it is so hard to use. :)

And if (when?) you figure it out, I hope you'll let us all know how to use it - if they haven't replaced it yet.;)

We were on the Quest for the recent Athens-Singapore leg. As I recall, Sue Denning said that she would be going on leave in February, so possibly on her final HK-Singapore leg as we speak. Captain Carl only took over as Master a short time ago, so should be on board for another month or so. Nice alarm clock in every stateroom, and a beautiful library (The Drawing Room).

Nevernever

Azamara used to have alarm clocks that worked just fine. Or at least they did for us. On the last two cruises (most recent September 2009) they had changed to a Chinese alarm clock that was impossible to set. My engineering-trained husband also tried and failed. I asked the butler if he could find one of the "old" alarm clocks, which he did. He said that most of the passengers had trouble with the new clocks. He couldn't understand why Azamara had gotten the new ones.

I think they must have put these same clocks on Journey too. The numbers are nice and large, but they are devils to set or reset. Every time we thought we'd beaten ours into submission, it would sound the alarm at 5 am - a loud chorus of Happy Birthday, or the William Tell Overture. (Just what I want to hear at 5 am when I'm looking forward to a lie in!) We were on the Transatlantic, and had to reset the clock six times, so we had lots of practice.

Lisa

Thanks for all the info. Just a couple of questions.

Where you able to see the islands when you departed from Ha Long Bay at 9 p.m. (or at least their outlines and lights)?

When was the first "special" (Captain's Night?) dinner in the main dining room and when were the others, if there were others?

thanks foggy re finding out if donald still on ship,dont suppose it matters all the crew are excellent

leonjo

I am just back from Equinox where Donald is the F and B Manager now

Archived