C 2 C

What is your opinion of the new slogan "Designed for you?"  

125 members have voted

1. 1. What is your opinion of the new slogan "Designed for you?"

• I prefer the new slogan
    • I prefer Starring You
    • Makes no difference

Celebrity’s New Tag Line:

Celebrity has discarded the “Starring You” tag line and is now adopting “Designed for you” on the website and some of the communications on board. Are you impressed? Do you prefer one over the other? Do you think head office should look for a better catchier phrase?

My guess is that since the recession, you read everywhere that conspicuous consumption is out.. and being thrifty is in...So a "starring you" tag line may no longer be appealling to many...

Designed for you? I think they could do better....Its pretty generic

The challenge is that they want to be seen as a more upscale brand (albeit they are truly mass market) .. so they cant dumb down the marketing today and damage the brand for the future...

So maybe for now, generic works??

JMHO.

Celebrity’s New Tag Line:

Celebrity has discarded the “Starring You” tag line and is now adopting “Designed for you” on the website and some of the communications on board. Are you impressed? Do you prefer one over the other? Do you think head office should look for a better catchier phrase?

Makes no difference to me. I don't base who I cruise with on their slogans. This is a non-issue for me.

Absolutely detest their website, poor navigation and if you don't exit the site properly you can't log back in for another half hour. I've printed out my boarding pass and needless to say, will not be logging into the site again.

I would prefer that Celebrity spend the money they spent on some marketing company to come up with that slogan on a much needed upgrade to their website. It is the most static, dull, unimaginative website in the cruiseline industry!!

For the most part marketing slogans and campaigns are hollow hype that often is unfulfilled. Celebrity doesn't seem too different from the rest of the universe in this regard despite being our cruise line of choice.

While the S Class ships certainly have some great design upgrades the M-class are lacking these. Yes there is a recently announced program to upgrade the M class but that will take a few years to complete and doesn't effect people booking cruises for this winter or summer - with the possible exception of next summer's cruises on the Connie. It will be interesting to see if these renovations truly bring the older ships up to the condition of newer ships or if they'll just be some minor upgrades to common areas. While we love the M-class we'd love them even more if they were truly renovated.

For once it would be nice to come up with a marketing campaign that has more teeth to it. For example how about a major upgrade in the quality of entertainment - both lounge and shows and market that as it happens (instead of a year before any changes are made). It would be nice to see some truly talented singers, musicians and comedians on board that fit in more with the mainstream. And maybe change the faces every season so repeat cruisers aren't seeing the same faces and acts year after year.

For the most part marketing slogans and campaigns are hollow hype that often is unfulfilled. Celebrity doesn't seem too different from the rest of the universe in this regard despite being our cruise line of choice.

While the S Class ships certainly have some great design upgrades the M-class are lacking these. Yes there is a recently announced program to upgrade the M class but that will take a few years to complete and doesn't effect people booking cruises for this winter or summer - with the possible exception of next summer's cruises on the Connie. It will be interesting to see if these renovations truly bring the older ships up to the condition of newer ships or if they'll just be some minor upgrades to common areas. While we love the M-class we'd love them even more if they were truly renovated.

For once it would be nice to come up with a marketing campaign that has more teeth to it. For example how about a major upgrade in the quality of entertainment - both lounge and shows and market that as it happens (instead of a year before any changes are made). It would be nice to see some truly talented singers, musicians and comedians on board that fit in more with the mainstream. And maybe change the faces every season so repeat cruisers aren't seeing the same faces and acts year after year.

Well said Larry. Once again, you're the voice of reason!

I finished my Equinox review with "Starring You" and a week later they changed their slogan. I like it better the way it was.

WehoAtlantis;

Loved reading your reviews and looking at your pictures. I have a question for you aboult how you post pictures on flickr. If you have the time, to answer a question please email me at woobstr112G at roadrunner dot com.

Bob

Agreed! :D

Archived