Marina Float-out Pix

hondorner

Don,

I might be a tad late, but you know what they say - better late than never. Thank you for the great pictures and videos.

I know it took a lot of time and effort to upload, etc.

They are appreciated.

Paul

• 4 weeks later...

As mentioned in another thread, I have received some more pictures of Marina being floated out of dry dock. These are exciting pictures for me, because filling the dry dock with water takes a couple of days, and we did not get to see it at the time of the ceremony.

The first few pictures were taken from the pier just before water started to flow. I love the pictures that were taken from down in the dry dock itself.

P1010007.JPG

P1010020.JPG

P1010003.JPG

P1010018.JPG

The last four pictures -- she's being moved to a wet dock about 50 yards away.

DSCN2099.jpg

DSCN2102.jpg

DSCN2104.jpg

DSCN2106.jpg

By the way, I received the photos from Frank Del Rio -- so I'm certain they are not an April Fool's joke, regardless of the date shown on the photos...

Thanks, FDR.

Thank you once again, Don, for keeping us all up to date with a little help from FDR. I love the feeling of family with the Oceania organization and all of us cruisers who feel as if a little bit of it is ours too. Stay healthy and we're all hoping to get a chance to cruise with you.

Joan

We are new to Oceania, but want to Thank You for all the video and pics you sent our way. The Marina looks like a wonderful ship and we cannot wait to sail on her next year. Again, Thank You for all the marvelous reporting. I can see why you were chosen.

Gorgeous Pix Don--thanks for posting. Don do you know where I can get a good full size

picture or artist rendering of the Marina--want to set as background on my computer homepage, thx

Thanks for posting these wonderful pictures. We only have a little over a year to wait until our first Marina cruise, Baltic Treasures.

I guess it is too early to complain about how lonely the roll call thread is.

Continued best wishes to Don for a complete recovery and return to cruising. Perhaps you would consider joining us for this June 11 Scandinavia trip?

...and return to cruising. Perhaps you would consider joining us for this June 11 Scandinavia trip?

I will be back, but not until Marina's maiden voyage. We're house-sitting and dog-sitting for our son and daughter-in-law in June while they take their summer cruise -- it's the least we can do, since they take our Greyhound while we are traveling. Then, in July, Betsy is going to Knoxville for a national quilting show, then staying at her best friend's mountain house for a couple of weeks of girls-only vacation and quilting. We'll bop around Florida state parks over weekends in August & September, then it's off to Hiawassee, Georgia for a month camping with our friends and enjoying the Georgia Mountain Fall Music Fair.

I will be back, but not until Marina's maiden voyage. We're house-sitting and dog-sitting for our son and daughter-in-law in June while they take their summer cruise -- it's the least we can do, since they take our Greyhound while we are traveling. Then, in July, Betsy is going to Knoxville for a national quilting show, then staying at her best friend's mountain house for a couple of weeks of girls-only vacation and quilting. We'll bop around Florida state parks over weekends in August & September, then it's off to Hiawassee, Georgia for a month camping with our friends and enjoying the Georgia Mountain Fall Music Fair.

Don,

all of this does not add up to a cruise does it.:)

Three more pictures of Marina at her new wet dock, while undergoing completion of construction, courtesy of Tim Rubacky of Prestige Cruise Holdings.

Tim's comments: "MARINA basks in the spring sunshine in Genoa this past Sunday. These photos give you a great sense of her graceful lines and the majestic funnel and you can see that she is structurally complete right down to the funnel, mast and Oceania Crest on her bow."

Marina%20April%2004-01%20%5B640x480%5D.jpg

Marina%20April%2004-02%20%5B640x480%5D.jpg

Marina%20April%2004-03%20%5B640x480%5D.jpg

We are new to Cruisecritic - but not new to cruising. Bill and I (Monica) will be sailing on Marina nest January from Miami to San Francisco and would love to hear of anyone who will be sailing at the same time. (This is my first "thread" so i hope i am doing it correctly!!!) Longboatcruiser.

We are new to Cruisecritic - but not new to cruising. Bill and I (Monica) will be sailing on Marina nest January from Miami to San Francisco and would love to hear of anyone who will be sailing at the same time. (This is my first "thread" so i hope i am doing it correctly!!!) Longboatcruiser.

There is a very active Roll Call at

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1119682

Enjoy the cruise

lyn

Archived