dining room lunch seating

mina

We always ask for and get a table for two at breakfast. We are not into small talk at that time.

It is the same at lunch since we went in for a quick one course lunch but were sitting with others who were in for a full lunch. We had to sit for ages until they reached their main course before we were served with ours. Since then we ask for a table for two.

We ate every meal in the dining room on the Crown Princess last week. We always got the type of table we requested--whether it was to be by ourselves or to share with others--except for one time. And that time, we were willing to share and were seated at a table for six, but no one else joined us.

Most of the tables for two, by the way, are very close together. You won't have total privacy.

I saw plenty of people sitting in two's in the main DR on Coral last week.

Coral was one of the ships trying the "Ultimate Departure Luncheon" on March 6 and when we as regular passengers went to the DR were told it was closed for the luncheon and that our lunch would be served in HC. I was a bit disappointed for I had read for months about the joy of that first lunch in the DR as opposed to the very noisy crowded HC. Is this little money producer going to mean that all embarkation lunches are now in the Horizon? They were also actively discouraging breakfast in DR on disembarkation day and the HC was limited on the food with many staples (read fresh donuts yum yum) and juices wiped out by the even earlier risers.

It is the same at lunch since we went in for a quick one course lunch but were sitting with others who were in for a full lunch. We had to sit for ages until they reached their main course before we were served with ours.

The secret here to to tell the waitstaff that you would like you food brought as soon as practical and not to wait until everyone else has had all their preliminary courses.

I saw plenty of people sitting in two's in the main DR on Coral last week.

Coral was one of the ships trying the "Ultimate Departure Luncheon" on March 6 and when we as regular passengers went to the DR were told it was closed for the luncheon and that our lunch would be served in HC. I was a bit disappointed for I had read for months about the joy of that first lunch in the DR as opposed to the very noisy crowded HC. Is this little money producer going to mean that all embarkation lunches are now in the Horizon? They were also actively discouraging breakfast in DR on disembarkation day and the HC was limited on the food with many staples (read fresh donuts yum yum) and juices wiped out by the even earlier risers.

Boy I hope they don't eliminate the DR on disembarkation morning that would be a bummer. :mad:

A tablemate was saying that they "discouraged" her from going for a seated breakfast but that she was going anyway. Definitely can't do room service and no seated dining for lunch at embarkation. Slowly cutting it seems -- a little here a little there. So far still a great experience.

I liked traditional dining room experience alot but find 15 days with folks not of your own selection may be the limit. Some folks (maybe even me:p) get to be a bit tiresome after the 4th telling of every story/topic.

Traditional Dining was moved back to 5:30 PM and we had 5 time changes where we lost an hour of time. Sometimes seemed we were eating too early -- not ready to enjoy dinner yet. Also wait staff seemed to be very rushed (rolls so hot out of oven could not handle, water glasses not filled and so hot melt the ice etc.). I guess slowly drifting to "anytime".

We always ask for and get a table for two at breakfast. We are not into small talk at that time.

It is the same at lunch since we went in for a quick one course lunch but were sitting with others who were in for a full lunch. We had to sit for ages until they reached their main course before we were served with ours. Since then we ask for a table for two.

That works for us too.

Archived