Show me your aft!

jhale

We've just booked on the Carnival Sunshine in the Med next summer. 5th cruise (but first Carnival) and I was determined to have a balcony this time, best I've ever had before was a window. But then we were seduced by the aft wrap and big room of 5340 and it seems to be one of the few aft wraps that hold 4 people, which my wife and 2 kids will be pleased to hear!

So obviously the ship doesn't even exist as such at the moment, my dream cabin is currently a lounge space on the Destiny, so there are no pics or anything to look at and there won't be until early next summer. Which in a way makes it more exciting and intruiging. It's a long way off but the only consolation is I have non cruise vacations to Hawaii and Antigua to keep me going before then. :)

Edited by Goldwolf

Just returned from the Legend last week. Suite 4228 was "sweet!"

The entrance/living area:

7413501936_b485bacffc_b.jpg

One of the two passages to the bedroom:

7413496462_6834c7ebaf_b.jpg

The bedroom (with a second flatscreen TV):

7413460206_1c83a453d9_b.jpg

AND THE MOST IMPORTANT FEATURE:

7415488278_daca21f095_b.jpg

7413426816_205c575da1_b.jpg

That's it--the first floor above the dining room windows. SO many windows!:

7414579146_f6a085765b_b.jpg

Our kids had the adjoining extended-aft (#4230) which I'll post pics of in the next post.

The adjoining aft-extended room:

7413417330_f5d277831e_b.jpg

The view from the entrance:

7433745066_4c6767ce67_b.jpg

The view towards the door:

7433734182_565b6bdb8f_b.jpg

The view from the aft-wrap suite bedroom to the door that leads into 4230 (just beyond the red chair):

7413449932_75fb95730a_b.jpg

NOTE--when we asked at guest services for the divider to be opened between the two balconies, we were told that the dividers between many of the aft balconies (including these two) can no longer be opened due to "maintenance issues.":confused:

Also--an interesting observation. While the suite had 2 flat screen TVs, the aft-extended did NOT have a flat screen.

Is there usually at least one lounger on the extended aft balconies on Carnival Conquest class ships? And if not, any problem requesting one from your room steward?

There was already a lounger on our aft extended balcony on Conquest. I'm pretty sure they all had them.

We did not have any trouble with cigarettes from floors above.

Is there usually at least one lounger on the extended aft balconies on Carnival Conquest class ships? And if not, any problem requesting one from your room steward?

On Freedom there was one lounger and 2 other chairs along with a table, deck 7 extended aft balcony.

We just left the Magic this weekend and we had one of the "extended length" balconies on deck 8 (8468) and our travel companions had the similar cabin on the other side (8475).

The "extended" applies to the width - they appeared to be about 5-6' wider than the balconies of the cabins between us. But because the balcony railing tilts in you lose about 3' of the useable balcony space. Plenty of space side to side - but we had wanted to play cards out there and you couldn't do that (plus they only give you 2 chairs and a lounger).

The biggest drawback we found was that the floor was wet every morning and the floor and furniture was covered in soot from the smoke stack - so the balcony wasn't very useable until the steward got around to cleaning it.

Because of the shape of the balcony and ship you get a lot of sun at certain parts of the day (on our cruise until noon) and it can be windy.

They are still great cabins and we enjoyed it. On the Magic at least, when you walk out your cabin door and look up the hallway and can't see the front of the ship, you know it's big!

We have this very room booked for Feb 2013. Do you have any pictures? :) This is our first Carnival cruise and first aft balcony, a little anxious to try both! Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you for this thread!

I just read through the whole thread and was thrilled to find just a few posts up have photos of the exact cabin I just booked: 4230 on the Legend.

I really debated on what cabin to book, although I knew I wanted a balcony, preferably towards AFT. I am the type who spends time out on my balcony so it's worth it for me personally. I am sailing solo so it's not like I needed the space on the balcony. However, since this cabin was only $60 higher than a regular balcony, I grabbed it and now I'm glad that I did.

And hey I loved the full moon photos earlier in the thread. I happened to go look and the full moon is during my sailing! :D

Got lucky . Had enough points on our Carnival Cruise Lines credit card. Had to only pay $500.00 out of pocket

Thanks so much for posting these photos, I have been searching for some photos of Dream 9C aft wrap balconies.

How did you like it, does not look like there is much shade so I would imagine it could get quite hot out there.

We had a sunny time. Not much shade for us. Now we went in January. If you want more shade, you might want the aft rooms between the 2 aft wraps.

One day it was so windy on the Lido deck that we went to our balcony and laid out there. So nice.

Thanks so much for posting these photos, I have been searching for some photos of Dream 9C aft wrap balconies.

How did you like it, does not look like there is much shade so I would imagine it could get quite hot out there.

Yes. We didn't have shade. You may want to try the afts room between the 2 aft wraparounds. One day it was windy , so we down to our room and laid out on the balcony. SOOOOO enjoyed the peace and quiet and we had 2 lounge chairs that no chair hogs reserved !!! :)