FYI on powerstrips

ussenterprise

ooh. I like the massage chair! I wonder if that will put me over the weigt limit on my flight?

don't forget to bring a bigger refrigerator to store all those rum runners that are still making it through

People were actually discussing bringing portable refrigerators, not all Fantasy class have them in the cabin. Everyone said bring it. It apparantly isnt that big or heavy to carry on. I thought they were joking, but they werent.

People were actually discussing bringing portable refrigerators, not all Fantasy class have them in the cabin. Everyone said bring it. It apparantly isnt that big or heavy to carry on. I thought they were joking, but they werent.

I have no doubt in my mind they were. We have people who have the little ones under their desks at work. I myself prefer the diversion of getting up and walking to kitchen.

O. K. so here's my question, what if you and your mom going with you both have to use a CPAP machine at night, which is MEDICALLY necessary! Each machine uses 2 plugs! What would Carnival do? I mean both of us need to have these or we have sleep apnea. I have packed an extension cord already, but that only has 3 plugs on it. And I'm not sure if the one plug in the room is even near the bedside? Anyone have an answer?

oh my! I was so totally kidding! why would anyone want to schlep something that big?

O. K. so here's my question, what if you and your mom going with you both have to use a CPAP machine at night, which is MEDICALLY necessary! Each machine uses 2 plugs! What would Carnival do? I mean both of us need to have these or we have sleep apnea. I have packed an extension cord already, but that only has 3 plugs on it. And I'm not sure if the one plug in the room is even near the bedside? Anyone have an answer?

You'd follow up with Guest Services about your special medical needs. Yes, it can be a total hassle. But if it's medically necessary, it's medically necessary.

I can tell you for sure the one plug is over the desk, which is not near to the beds without a extension cord.

Just when I thought Carnival couldn't top themselves.....they do! One outlet per cabin is crazy enough. I wonder if they have added no power strips to their "restrictions"?

The restrictions say no household goods, which they are interpreting as no power cords.

I guess the only thing we can do is use the power strip when we are IN the cabin and then unplug it and hide when we are out of the room. That is what I did with the small blender I took :D

*IF* you can smuggle it on. ;)

*IF* you can smuggle it on. ;)

I assume that even if the see if on the x-ray they may assume it is something that is needed? In the case of it being medically necessary?? Who knows....we take a lot of things with us because our daughter is disabled and we need "stuff" with us they have never questioned hope they don't this time.

We just cruised with Disney and they let your take wine, beer, liquor, soda, water, it's great!

Remember that ships generate their own electricity, and even though it may look the same as what you get back home, it's NOT.

Having one outlet in each cabin safely limits how much electricity each passenger uses. I'm fully aware that these ship generators are capable of generating much more than what's actually used, but cruise lines have to be on the side of caution. They need to visualize worst case scenarios (for example, every single passengers bringing an extension cord with multiple outlets, and plugging in several electrical devices at once). I'm sure nobody would enjoy a power outage in the middle of the ocean at night because the electrical system got overloaded.

Carnival does not prohibit us from bringing irons, extension cords, etc to make us mad. There's a legitimate reason behind all of it...:)

(Posting same on very similar threads)

We typically take a couple of extension cords, a 1-to-3 plug, a fan, our satellite radio, a sound machine, and often a power strip.

This will continue. If they see fit to confiscate any of those items, then they won't need to do it again...;)

Tom

O. K. so here's my question, what if you and your mom going with you both have to use a CPAP machine at night, which is MEDICALLY necessary! Each machine uses 2 plugs! What would Carnival do?

The same thing they do with other passengers with medical needs. Document it in your reservation and allow the extension cord for your specific needs.

Archived