FYI on powerstrips

ussenterprise

what about the ashes??? Will there be room for power strips? :confused:

:p:p:p

I had to order 2 cruise packs....40 bucks just to get the ashes and the powerstrips to fit....you have no idea how hard it was to fit the powerstrips into the Rumrunners...but i want to be safe when smuggling these items on

Just when I thought Carnival couldn't top themselves.....they do! One outlet per cabin is crazy enough. I wonder if they have added no power strips to their "restrictions"?

These aren't new restrictions, just new enforcement. And there is also an outlet behind the night tables.

Electrical "household items" such as curling irons and flat irons were deemed OK in the past... or at least they were not mentioned outright as being prohibited. Can I assume that they are off limits now as well? :rolleyes:

Tom

Electrical "household items" such as curling irons and flat irons were deemed OK in the past... or at least they were not mentioned outright as being prohibited. Can I assume that they are off limits now as well? :rolleyes:

Tom

I hope not!

Tom

Personal grooming items not "household", same as electric shavers.

Excellent point Tapi, IF they hadn't been allowing power strips ALL ALONG.

There's probably somebody at headquarters whose "pet peeve" is electricity onboard the ships, and finally got his word across at some important meeting that the rule on extension cords should be enforced :rolleyes:

There's probably somebody at headquarters whose "pet peeve" is electricity onboard the ships, and finally got his word across at some important meeting that the rule on extension cords should be enforced :rolleyes:

And I got ten bucks that says it's going to billed as a "Green Initiative".

On my second Paradise trip (check signature block for date), a friend had a power strip in his carry-on bag. He was told at security that he couldn't take it on board. I ended up taking it back to the car. Not sure what would have happened to it if we had flown & taken taxi to port. This was in Long Beach, Ca.

One outlet is not enough for todays world. Cell phones, laptops, cameras, etc. all require charging, and many cannot travel without them. CPAC and other medical divices are required by some. On the other hand, I've seen too many travelers with game systems, dvd players, computer printers, etc that are a bit much. We travel to leave our "normal" world behind and go on vacation.

We generally survive with only (hair curler, hair dryer, camera charger, cell phone charger, electric razor, alarm clock) 6 things to plug in, and leave only the clock plugged in at all times. OMG I'm as bad as the rest of "those" people!

Gratefully, DH can sail without being on call...however, last year during the swine flu fiasco we sailed literally with 4 days notice. He was allowed to sail as long as he was available within reason on cell and computer. Had that not been the case, we could not have gone and they would have lost the revenue (granted it was only $400 total with a $120 S&S bill, but still). I know a couple of people who cannot travel without being on call 24/7 to their offices. If Carnival keeps up this nonsense they are going to find they are going to lose a lot of customers, I'm afraid. Ironically, it is the people who have jobs that require them to be on call that can afford to cruise 2 or 3 or 4 times a year as a result. I can see this not going well.

Let me guess...your friends are what Brain Surgeons?:D

jk...don't get upset:)

Gratefully, DH can sail without being on call...however, last year during the swine flu fiasco we sailed literally with 4 days notice. He was allowed to sail as long as he was available within reason on cell and computer. Had that not been the case, we could not have gone and they would have lost the revenue (granted it was only $400 total with a $120 S&S bill, but still). I know a couple of people who cannot travel without being on call 24/7 to their offices. If Carnival keeps up this nonsense they are going to find they are going to lose a lot of customers, I'm afraid. Ironically, it is the people who have jobs that require them to be on call that can afford to cruise 2 or 3 or 4 times a year as a result. I can see this not going well.

Nice story and everything, but there is nothing stopping anyone from bringing a cellphone or laptop on board.

These aren't new restrictions, just new enforcement. And there is also an outlet behind the night tables.

On the cruises I have been on there has never been an outlet behind the night table.

There are two outlets (one useless razor one in the bathroom) and the other by the desk area.

Nice story and everything, but there is nothing stopping anyone from bringing a cellphone or laptop on board.

Indeed those are things they WANT you to bring. Cell phone and wireless MINUTES care of CCL!

The mighty $.

Tom

That power outlet behind the bed as you mention is a European style one , so unless you bring an appropriate adapter it can't be used .

Watch out , next thing Carnival will do is ban cellphones onboard , that way you will have to use thier phone service (increasing profit) .

I will take 4 three plug outlets pictured on a previous page as well 2 power strips , they wont get them all as they will be in 5 different bags between 4 people . :D

what's going on with carnival?? are there new shareholders? CEO? why all the rule changes and enforcing? what's really going on? are they trying to set the new standard? you know if they are successful other cruiselines will follow. i hate to think that as a loyal carnival cruiser since 1986 i'll be forced to change to another line. i'm not a smuggler so that's not the issue. all these "new rules" seem a bit overboard. am i crazy?

Bungee cord....over the door shoe think...ziplock bags......screw driver for glasses......extra hangers.....:D

Hey now, I was the one who needed the screwdriver for my husband's glasses....and didn't have one nor did anywhere on board or in port. He was "blind" for a better portion of our cruise because we didn't even think about bringing one.

The rest of that....nah, I don't bring with. :)

Isn't scissors and household item. I know there a limit like 5 inches or something

like that.

So I guess no more coat hangers or walk-n-talkies as the are a household

items.

4 inches, and my scissors were barely 4 inches, cheap $3 scissors they said were a banned item.

Archived