Bar at the Edge of the Earth

Seapoint

As part of the Solsticizing process on the Connie, has the hideous Bar at the Edge of the Earth (the nightclub/observation lounge) at last been returned to its original state? Have the white rags been removed?

I hope so as well. It was the one area of the Connie that left me scratching my head. The rest of the ship is so understated and elegant that Bar At The Edge of The Earth looked even worse by comparison. Rags hanging from the ceiling? Really guys??

When we were on the Connie this past January, one of the staff captains we visited with at the Officers Cocktail party told us that they were not going to do anything about the rags, and other decor of the Bar at the Edge.

However, some people have heard differently.

I sure hope they bring back the lounge the way it was. Anyone with current news?

Hi,

As attentive to detail as Celebrity seems to be in its' adding the new Solstice style features to the M-class ships, it would be a horrible breach of style to leave the 'Bar At the Edge' intact.

If it somehow survives, heads should roll for it!!

CM

• 6 months later...
Going on the Summit in April

can you tell me where the Bar at the Edge of the Earth is located?

What exactly is it? Disco?

It is "Revelations" and it is located all the way forward upstairs. It is the

disco in the evenings. All the ships have one~they all have different names. It is also

used during the day~sometimes for activites but you can sit and look at the windows too:)

I am looking at the date of the original post and I was on Summit back

in May and was in there. I did not notice any ugliness...but maybe

I missed it?:confused:

Not only do they look terrible, they probably contain a lot of dust, causing some allergies. Smoking is also allowed on one side of the area.

When they were constructing the venue, back on the Summit some years ago, the CC'ers were given a tour of the construction. The manager of the building crew led us, and said.."This is the best thing that has happened to Celebrity, what do you all think"? My husband said he did not think it was a good move, and did not lend itself to the enjoyment of the site. Well....the guy became a little annoyed at my husband for making that remark, and said "Sir, you are back in the old days of cruising", or something like that.

My bet, in leaving the rags and some of the broken tiles on the floor (if this still is the case) is that X is doing improvements for a yearly writeoff? Doing it in phases.

At least they took down the platform beds! On the Summit in Sept. the rags were still there, the last of the old stuff.

TFS. I thought I had seen a picture somewhere showing that the rags were gone on Connie but your video verifies it. Good riddance to them. I always thought they looked like they had been up there for hundreds of years and the moths etc had half eaten them.

The Cirque du Soleil fiasco certainly did spoil the bar/observation lounge. As a guest on the Connie when they had their very first "White Night" (for a fee, no less), many of us spoke out about how ill planned the the whole "experience" was. They did return the fee but should have returned the lounge. Guess that management had a hard time admitting that they blew it.:eek:

Archived