No more price drops for RC?

Nope, its not just you. I have a background as a graphic artist so I do it differently than everyone else, probably. I hit printscreen, then I paste it into Adobe Photoshop. Most probably don't have Adobe Photoshop on their computers. I then save it as a pdf.

I never even considered saving it as a word doc. So I guess I learned something new here today. :D

I save mine into my Paint program, which every computer has under accessories as a jpg file. Everyone can open a jpg, some cant open a pdf file. I gave my Carnival PVP a jpg and she couldnt open it at work. Paint you can save it as jpg which is just a normal picture file.

whatever works.

Just wopndering if you got around to that re-booking yet?;)

Eat your heart out, Mr. Goldstein!!

By the way, I wouldn't play that game anyway. I was happy with the original price ($729 per person). If the price drops and I can get it, fine. If not, well - as I said - I was happy with the original price.

(I suppose if I were in a high-end suite and we were talking about thousands of dollars, that would be different, but I can't afford that.)

Kathy

HELP!!!

This really snaps my garters! I don't know who I'm more annoyed with - myself, RCCL or my family. :mad:

Why?

RCCL - Obvious

Family - Can we say - When asked a direct question can we get a straight answer? NO!

Me - For waiting around for a straight answer from said family and not making the reservation many weeks ago when the rates and cabin availability was much better.

Now I need all of your "expert" advice before I call the reservation folks. I've skipped through and read a few of of the preceeding 33 pages. So I have about 30 blank pages of info.

* I recall seeing one post mention the NC voucher - is it or is it not treated as an existing reservation?

* Where can I find the final word of the day/moment about what they are doing to their price drop policy?

Oh I'm really really - not a happy camper!

* I recall seeing one post mention the NC voucher - is it or is it not treated as an existing reservation?

* Where can I find the final word of the day/moment about what they are doing to their price drop policy?

I was the one who asked about the NC voucher. Anytime I have used one, the booking date shown on my reservation was the date I purchased the NC certificate. The consensus was that as long as the certificate was purchased before May 17th, than it would fall under the old policy. Of course, we won't know for sure until someone who books after May 17th encounters a price drop.

As for wanting to find the wording that states this - GOOD LUCK! The RCCL policy on their website is very vague which is why this thread started (and also the reason that CC has a Q&A about this policy on their main page).

I was the one who asked about the NC voucher. Anytime I have used one, the booking date shown on my reservation was the date I purchased the NC certificate. The consensus was that as long as the certificate was purchased before May 17th, than it would fall under the old policy. Of course, we won't know for sure until someone who books after May 17th encounters a price drop.

As for wanting to find the wording that states this - GOOD LUCK! The RCCL policy on their website is very vague which is why this thread started (and also the reason that CC has a Q&A about this policy on their main page).

Thanks for the update.

I read what was on the RCCL site - vague? You are very kind to them. Vague is my response when a potential client asks about a reduction in my commission. Their info was the original non-answer. :D

Do you know something we don't?:confused:

Wish I did.:D

HELP!!!

This really snaps my garters! I don't know who I'm more annoyed with - myself, RCCL or my family. :mad:

Why?

RCCL - Obvious

Family - Can we say - When asked a direct question can we get a straight answer? NO!

Me - For waiting around for a straight answer from said family and not making the reservation many weeks ago when the rates and cabin availability was much better.

Now I need all of your "expert" advice before I call the reservation folks. I've skipped through and read a few of of the preceeding 33 pages. So I have about 30 blank pages of info.

In case you haven't see this, here is the link to the interview that CC conducted after the new program was announced http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=3880

The bottom line is........any cruise(s) you have booked prior to May 17, 2010 will fall under the old program, so you will get price reduction up until 72 hours prior to sailing.:D

Any cruise booked on and after May 17, 2010 will have price reductions honored, but only up until final payment. Then it gets confusing.:(

The date of the NC purchase is what determines what program it would fall under. Just like if you purchased a NC prior to 1/1/09 and have not used it yet. You can still get all the benefits once you convert it into a real cruise.

Thanks all - I just called and spoke to one of the regular reps at RCCL. Seems like SOP for RCCL - little or no training of the rank and file prior to the launch of a major change. :rolleyes:

Per the poor fellow who lucked out and got me this morning (did I mention mornings are not good for me?) If there is a change before final payment is due you get either an on board credit or an upgrade. If it is past final payment you can upgrade if available.

He did not seem to think the NC voucher would be treated as an existing reservation. But I didn't push him on it.

I also asked him to pass on the opinion of an RCCL customer who is not at all happy with the change.

Thanks all - I just called and spoke to one of the regular reps at RCCL. Seems like SOP for RCCL - little or no training of the rank and file prior to the launch of a major change. :rolleyes:

Per the poor fellow who lucked out and got me this morning (did I mention mornings are not good for me?) If there is a change before final payment is due you get either an on board credit or an upgrade. If it is past final payment you can upgrade if available.

He did not seem to think the NC voucher would be treated as an existing reservation. But I didn't push him on it.

I also asked him to pass on the opinion of an RCCL customer who is not at all happy with the change.

If your NC booking hasn't been activated into a specific cruise (i.e., ship/sailing date/itinerary), then it is not considered an existing reservation.

You appear to be contradicting yourself:

The date of the NC purchase is what determines what program it would fall under. Just like if you purchased a NC prior to 1/1/09 and have not used it yet. You can still get all the benefits once you convert it into a real cruise.

This seems to suggest that the NC voucher WILL be treated as a booking that was done before May 17th - therefore, it falls under the old policy concerning price drops.

If your NC booking hasn't been activated into a specific cruise (i.e., ship/sailing date/itinerary), then it is not considered an existing reservation.

This is suggesting that it will be treated as a booking that was done after May 17th - which would make it fall under the new policy.

All temple1 wants to know is what policy his cruise will fall under. He purchased the NC voucher BEFORE May 17th, however the actual cruise will only be reserved AFTER May 17th. Based on what I have read, it should fall under the old policy. However, your posts are very confusing as they are contradicting each other :confused:

This seems to suggest that the NC voucher WILL be treated as a booking that was done before May 17th - therefore, it falls under the old policy concerning price drops.

This is suggesting that it will be treated as a booking that was done after May 17th - which would make it fall under the new policy.

All temple1 wants to know is what policy his cruise will fall under. He purchased the NC voucher BEFORE May 17th, however the actual cruise will only be reserved AFTER May 17th. Based on what I have read, it should fall under the old policy. However, your posts are very confusing as they are contradicting each other :confused:

I'm not that concerned about it. It would be nice if it were treated as an earlier booking. I'm sure we will soon find out.

We have the luxury of waiting for this cruise - it is a short one, if I get lucky - the JS prices will drop for last minute cruiese - I do love a balcony. :D

Originally Posted by cruisenfever viewpost.gif

The date of the NC purchase is what determines what program it would fall under. Just like if you purchased a NC prior to 1/1/09 and have not used it yet. You can still get all the benefits once you convert it into a real cruise

Originally Posted by cruisenfever viewpost.gif

Maybe I didn't explain it properly.........so here goes again. One thing to keep in mind is at the time of purchasing a NC there is nothing in the way of date/ship/itinerary assigned to it.

The date of the NC purchase is what determines what program it falls under..........not when you change it into a specific cruise. I have a NC that was purchased back in 2007, so when I activate it, I will not only be able to combine all of my benefits, but I will also get any/all price reductions up until 72 hours prior to sailing.:)

Any NC booking/specific booking purchased prior to May 17, 2010 fall under the old New Best Price Guarantee Program where any/all price reductions will be honored up until 72 hours prior to sailing.

Any NC/specific bookings purchased on or after May 17, 2010 fall under the new Best Price Guarantee Program..........only reductions up until final payment.

Maybe I didn't explain it properly.........so here goes again.

The date of the NC purchase is what determines what program it falls under..........not when you change it into a specific cruise. I have a NC that was purchased back in 2007, so when I activate it, I will not only be able to combine all of my benefits, but I will also get any/all price reductions up until 72 hours prior to sailing.:)

Any NC/specific booking purchased made prior to January 1, 2009, still falls under the combining of all benefits that one is eligible for.

Any NC booking/specific booking purchased prior to May 17, 2010 fall under the old New Best Price Guarantee Program where any/all price reductions will be honored up until 72 hours prior to sailing.

Any NC/specific bookings purchased on or after May 17, 2010 fall under the new Best Price Guarantee Program..........only reductions up until final payment.

Patti I understand your explanation but have a headache after reading it:p.....anymore changes and we will need a manual with specific dates and policies..........there has to be an easier way:)

Nope, its not just you. I have a background as a graphic artist so I do it differently than everyone else, probably. I hit printscreen, then I paste it into Adobe Photoshop. Most probably don't have Adobe Photoshop on their computers. I then save it as a pdf.

I never even considered saving it as a word doc. So I guess I learned something new here today. :D

I use a free utility called Cutepdf. It installs as a printer and you can print anything directly to a pdf file. You just select it as a printer in the print dialog box and it will make the print doc into a pdf file.

Patti I understand your explanation but have a headache after reading it:p.....anymore changes and we will need a manual with specific dates and policies..........there has to be an easier way:)

Morning Jim...Welcome to a change of pace...

Your right. it seems more confusion/lack of clarity is on the way, it never ends...Se ya back over at our fun thread...

Stay cool today!:eek:

It really isn't that confusing.

All one has to remember where a NC is concerned is that at the time of purchase you are just being given a piece of paper with a number on it. If you try to enter it in your My Cruises Account, it will not register.

I suppose what is meant - if the NC cert is a non issue, as in it has no value until an actual reservation is made, then why include it in the discussion. It really just muddies the already murky water. :)

All one has to remember where a NC is concerned is that at the time of purchase you are just being given a piece of paper with a number on it. If you try to enter it in your My Cruises Account, it will not register.

It was the dates you need to keep track of:)....but we don't really need to......we have Patti :p Who needs a manual...........(you know I love you LOL!!)

I suppose what is meant - if the NC cert is a non issue, as in it has no value until an actual reservation is made, then why include it in the discussion. It really just muddies the already murky water. :)

I included it in the discussion because you initially posted that the RCI rep that you spoke with was unclear about NC purchases. I was just trying to add some clarification.:o

I included it in the discussion because you initially posted that the RCI rep that you spoke with was unclear about NC purchases. I was just trying to add some clarification.:o

LOL - and I only threw it in because it was included in one of the posts on here. :p

It really doesn't take a brain surgeon to understand what's going on.:D

Just to explain it.:p

It does not matter that the NC isn't considered an existing reservation. Once you convert it to an actual cruise, the booking date in the upper right hand corner of your invoice should (SHOULD) be the date you purchased the NC certificate.

Just to explain it.:p

It does not matter that the NC isn't considered an existing reservation. Once you convert it to an actual cruise, the booking date in the upper right hand corner of your invoice should (SHOULD) be the date you purchased the NC certificate.

Gosh Darn........now why didn't I say that?:o:D

Archived