No more price drops for RC?

Patti I understand your explanation but have a headache after reading it:p.....anymore changes and we will need a manual with specific dates and policies..........there has to be an easier way:)

And RCI wants to make sure that none of us figure it out. But not to worry, as soon as we do they will change the rules again.

And RCI wants to make sure that none of us figure it out. But not to worry, as soon as we do they will change the rules again.

OB one thing we can all probably agree on...........I'm sure whatever the next change is, it will be to our advantage:p....:rolleyes: NOT

You have that so right Patti...

OB one thing we can all probably agree on...........I'm sure whatever the next change is, it will be to our advantage:p....:rolleyes:

No doubt about that!:eek:

Oh and one more thing, not a lot of posters here anymore but I can assure you they are lurking, INCLUDING RCCL!

I had a conversation this morning with Samantha from Crown & Anchor. Here is a summary what I was able to clarify with her:

• Sailing is booked before final payment date and there is a rate drop within 48 hours of booking:
    Available Options:
    • Submit for the Best Price Guarantee Onboard Credit for 110% the difference in fare.
    • Request Onboard Credit equal to the difference in fare.
    • If cabins are available at your original rate in a higher category, request an upgrade.
    • Request the booking be changed to the new rate, thus lowering the total fare.

[*]Sailing is booked before final payment date and there is a rate drop more than 48 hours after booking but before final payment date:

Available Options:

• If cabins are available at your original rate in a higher category, request an upgrade.

[*]Sailing is booked before final payment date, there was a price drop within 48 hours of booking and you opted for the 110% of Onboard Credit AND there is another price drop before final payment date:

Available Options:

Note: This will only be at 100% of the difference in rate, not the 110% you had previously been awarded, but you will receive both Onboard Credits.

[*]Sailing is booked after final payment date and there is a rate drop within 48 hours of booking before sail-away date:

Available Options:

• Submit for the Best Price Guarantee Onboard Credit for 110% the difference in fare.

[*]Sailing is booked before final payment date, and there is a price drop after final payment date but before sail-away date:

Available Options:

• None
      Note: RCCL used to give the difference in Refundable Onboard Credit, they are no longer doing this.

[*]Sailing is booked after final payment date and there is a rate drop more than 48 hours after booking but before sail-away date:

Available Options:

• None
      Note: RCCL used to give the difference in Refundable Onboard Credit, they are no longer doing this.

OB one thing we can all probably agree on...........I'm sure whatever the next change is, it will be to our advantage:p....:rolleyes: NOT

Yea of little faith.:D

because you're a blonde?

Or worse, a lawyer.:eek:;)

too funny.........:D

Does anyone else besides me feel like a rat in a maze...not know which way to turn:confused:

You betcha.........after reading the detailed account that Jay got from Samantha at C&A............:eek:

And someone said what I posted was contradictory!!:o

Does anyone else besides me feel like a rat in a maze...not know which way to turn:confused:

Yes.......absolutely..........but you have a couple of simple choices......just go where they tell you to go....OR go in the opposite direction........:D

I had a conversation this morning with Samantha from Crown & Anchor. Here is a summary what I was able to clarify with her:

• Sailing is booked before final payment date, and there is a price drop after final payment date but before sail-away date:

Available Options:
    • None

[*]Sailing is booked after final payment date and there is a rate drop more than 48 hours after booking but before sail-away date:

Available Options:

• None

Surprise surprise...the C&A rep is providing info that is different than what was explained in last week's Q&A. The Q&A rep is saying we have no options....the article states we can request an upgrade.

Q: What if I book within the penalty period and the price drops after 48 hours?

A: If you book within the penalty period and the price drops after 48 hours, you will not receive the difference in onboard credit. However, if the price you paid is now equal to the rate for a higher-category cabin, you can request an upgrade and the line will try to accommodate you if a cabin is available.

Q: What if I book prior to the penalty period and the price drops after 48 hours?

A: You actually have several options. If you book before final payment and the price drops on your itinerary, cabin category and sail date, you can request a fare adjustment or an upgrade if applicable, and the line will accommodate you. If you see a price drop on a different cabin category or sailing and you'd like to take advantage of that offer, you can cancel without penalty and rebook at the lower fare.

Once final payment is made, you are locked into the rate you paid and have no more opportunities to receive a price differential in onboard credit. However, as mentioned above, if the price drops such that a higher-category cabin now costs the same as what you paid, you can request an upgrade, if a cabin is available.

Yes.......absolutely..........but you have a couple of simple choices......just go where they tell you to go....OR go in the opposite direction........:D

That is the whole problem....I can't figure out WHAT that IS?:p

That is the whole problem....I can't figure out WHAT that IS?:p

Just have a drink and wait until tomorrow.........it will change again:D You don't expect the maze to get easier do you? LOL!!!!:p

You betcha.........after reading the detailed account that Jay got from Samantha at C&A............:eek:

And someone said what I posted was contradictory!!:o

Here, you want some of this stuff I got for my spinning head? The guy in the other topic said the contents of his hookah were not illegal. :D

Here, you want some of this stuff I got for my spinning head? The guy in the other topic said the contents of his hookah were not illegal. :D

Lol........nope, after reading the explanation of their conversation, I don't think anything will help.:p

• Sailing is booked before final payment date and there is a rate drop within 48 hours of booking:
    Available Options:

[*]Sailing is booked before final payment date and there is a rate drop more than 48 hours after booking but before final payment date:

Available Options:

[*]Sailing is booked before final payment date, there was a price drop within 48 hours of booking and you opted for the 110% of Onboard Credit AND there is another price drop before final payment date:

Available Options:

Note: This will only be at 100% of the difference in rate, not the 110% you had previously been awarded, but you will receive both Onboard Credits.

[*]Sailing is booked after final payment date and there is a rate drop within 48 hours of booking before sail-away date:

Available Options:

[*]Sailing is booked before final payment date, and there is a price drop after final payment date but before sail-away date:

Available Options:

• None

Available Options:

• None

I'm somewhere between laughing it is so funny and open mouthed that they would actually allow this to be put into print.

btw if you read the 48 hour thing that CC put up .. it says that it only pertains to bookings after final payment, doesnt apply if booked before final payment from what I read.

Archived