are flat irons allowed?

I just read that Carnival will no longer allow flat irons and other item onboard anymore. Does anyone know if Royal Carribbean does? I will be in big trouble if I can't bring mine and don't want to take the chance of mine getting confiscated. I brought it on my Princess cruise in March without any problems. thanks!

Thats crazy that Carnival would remove those from being brought on any of their cruises any more. I can imagine how upset any of their cruisers would be if they couldnt bring those on any more. I would hope RCCL doesn't do that because I know my wife would not be very happy at all if that were the case.

This is still in the FAQ section on Carnival's website. Flat Irons are not listed on the prohibited items list.

Miscellaneous Concerns:

• Personal grooming devices such as hair dryers, flat and curling irons, shavers, etc., are allowed on board when used with proper caution. These devices should not be used when other electrical appliances are plugged in. However, if such devices are determined to pose a hazard, they will be removed and returned the last day of the cruise prior to debark.

I didn't know what a flat iron was..... we call them straighteners over here.... and there is no way I would cruise on a line that denied their use. I'm looking at getting some cordless ones for travelling but am concerned that they may not get hot enough..... any one use these?

I didn't know what a flat iron was..... we call them straighteners over here.... and there is no way I would cruise on a line that denied their use. I'm looking at getting some cordless ones for travelling but am concerned that they may not get hot enough..... any one use these?

I live in the US and I didn't know what it was either LOL!!!!! I thought A flat iron was what they used to iron clothes befiore there were electric irons. They had to be heated up in the fireplace or woodstove !!!!

Can you imagine all the women walking around with bad hair for the whole cruise?? My daughter and I are addicted to our flat irons. There is no way I would want to cruise without it. If you ban it then be prepared to straighten our hair for free at the salon otherwise you are going to have some pretty upset women. Hmm wonder if thought of this rule.....either a man who is clueless or a woman who is not a slave to her hair. I think they need to rethink this.

Archived