Is there something wrong with us?

drumline13

I thought maybe I was the only one who didn't find the ships coffee wasn't O.K. I know I'm not a coffee expert as our morning coffee is Folgers but I do like an occasional latte, cappachino or mocha, especially frozen. I do not like very strong coffee and find Starbucks a bit heavy in the flavor dept and not worth the high cost MHO.

We have a nice espresso/cappucino/coffee maker at home. It gets used daily.

It has seen:

1. Jamaican Blue Mountain Coffee

2. Starbucks

3. Dunkin Donuts

4. Tim Hortons

5. Tortuga

6. Etc.

and...

...we like, and always order, the normal Princess coffee in the buffet and/or dining room...

...and...

...we always ask for a 2nd cup.

:confused:

Nope.....:):):)

Bob

we love TIM hORTON'S cOFFEe .My son and hubby drink it every day ...I should get stock in it !!!!!

My favorite is the ICECAP ,,tastes rich but isn't

Ice Caps are only 150 calories and very low fat....We love them :)

Don't think there is anything at all wrong with you! Our espresso machine helps make lattes everyday when we are home. Our Mr. Coffee brews only tea, so I cannot comment on the HC coffee on board. What I can say is we have met some very nice barristas while sailing Princess, and enjoy our coffee cards for the espresso beverages and teas. :)

I can't drink DD coffee as it gives me agida. Never had a problem with Princess coffee.

Dunkin' Donuts was rated very poorly by America's Test Kitchen of Cook's Illustrated. High number of the lowest quality beans....hence the heartburn.

I've always stuck up for the Princess syrup coffee on threads where people are slating it :D I thought it was quite nice :)

That's because you have no taste :D.

It's always only lukewarm, which doesn't help.

I looked at some syrup coffee at the supermarket. It has chicory in. I wonder if Princess's does too :confused:

Have you tried Costa's flat whites? It's my new favourite coffee.

That's because you have no taste :D.

It's always only lukewarm, which doesn't help.

I looked at some syrup coffee at the supermarket. It has chicory in. I wonder if Princess's does too :confused:

Have you tried Costa's flat whites? It's my new favourite coffee.

You are correct, I have no sense of taste :p LOL!!

I don't think Princess's is as bad as that "Camp" chicory stuff you are referring to, although I haven't tried it :eek:

We have Costa at a couple of our offices at work and at subsidised prices - YUMMY ;) What is the "flat white" stuff though?

You are correct, I have no sense of taste :p LOL!!

I don't think Princess's is as bad as that "Camp" chicory stuff you are referring to, although I haven't tried it :eek:

We have Costa at a couple of our offices at work and at subsidised prices - YUMMY ;) What is the "flat white" stuff though?

I vaguely remember having Camp coffee squillions of years ago.

Flat whites are the latest Costa addition. It's like latte without so much froth and is really smooth. Try one......

...we like, and always order, the normal Princess coffee in the buffet and/or dining room...

...and...

...we always ask for a 2nd cup.

:confused:

We've been on 40+ cruises on princess, and never needed a

'mattress topper'.

Pablo: LOL...I guess that goes hand-in-hand with the coffee! :) We also don't complain about the beds!

LMAO! Is it ok to dislike the coffee and love the beds or does that require a new thread? ;)

LMAO! Is it ok to dislike the coffee and love the beds or does that require a new thread? ;)

Nah, you got that the wrong way round :eek: I like ("love" would be too strong a word) but hate the beds (and, no, "hate" isn't too strong a word!).

Your trouble is, you just ain't got no taste :p

Nah, you got that the wrong way round :eek: I like ("love" would be too strong a word) but hate the beds (and, no, "hate" isn't too strong a word!).

Your trouble is, you just ain't got no taste :p

Ok, I'm going to really try to enjoy the morning swamp syrup if I can get myself out of my oh so comfortable bed next time I cruise.

In fact, I should start a bed thread for Princess bed lovers entitled Is there something wrong with us/ ban the egg crates. :D

Ok, I'm going to really try to enjoy the morning swamp syrup if I can get myself out of my oh so comfortable bed next time I cruise.

In fact, I should start a bed thread for Princess bed lovers entitled Is there something wrong with us/ ban the egg crates. :D

Actually they're not unrelated. If people drank a little less coffee, perhaps they wouldn't be awake long enough to notice or care about the mattresses . . .

• 3 weeks later...

Archived