Is there something wrong with us?

drumline13

We have a nice espresso/cappucino/coffee maker at home. It gets used daily.

It has seen:

1. Jamaican Blue Mountain Coffee

2. Starbucks

3. Dunkin Donuts

4. Tim Hortons

5. Tortuga

6. Etc.

and...

...we like, and always order, the normal Princess coffee in the buffet and/or dining room...

...and...

...we always ask for a 2nd cup.

:confused:

With all due respect, if you like Dunkin' Donuts coffee...then you would naturally like Princess coffee. I cannot drink DD coffee at all!

Just kiddin' ya...sounds like you love your coffee!

It has seen:

2. Starbucks

3. Dunkin Donuts

4. Tim Hortons

5. Tortuga

6. Etc.

and...

...we like, and always order, the normal Princess coffee in the buffet and/or dining room...

...and...

Same here, at home we grind our own, Sumatra Mandheling is our favorite, drink it black. Never had a problem with dining room or room service coffee on Princess.

It has seen:

2. Starbucks

3. Dunkin Donuts

4. Tim Hortons

5. Tortuga

6. Etc.

and...

...and...

Same here, at home we grind our own, Sumatra Mandheling is our favorite, drink it black. Never had a problem with dining room or room service coffee on Princess.

I myself don't drink coffee in the a.m. I only drink it as an after dinner drink with Bailey's;)!

My sister is a huge coffee snob. I took her on a cruise for one of her big-0 birthdays. I warned her about the coffee. She ordered room service coffee every morning and never complained once. If it had been really bad, believe me, I would have heard about it!:eek:

With all due respect, if you like Dunkin' Donuts coffee...then you would naturally like Princess coffee. I cannot drink DD coffee at all!

I heard from a "reliable" source that DD coffee is just Folgers under the DD name and double the $$! Don't drink the stuff myself so I don't know how accurate this is.

I can't drink DD coffee as it gives me agida. Never had a problem with Princess coffee.

We just got off of the Sapphire, and carried lots of packets of Starbucks Via, as there had been so many negative comments about the coffee from syrup. We never used them, because the coffee in the HC and MDR was just fine.

It has seen:

2. Starbucks

3. Dunkin Donuts

4. Tim Hortons

5. Tortuga

6. Etc.

and...

...and...

Hmm never have had DD coffee so can't comment but have had the others

Our espresso machine is so well used to the point I was at Starbucks the other day looking at their $600++++ machines thinking .."hmmmmmm" but DH would get upset and as I want him to book our next cruise soon.....:rolleyes:

Anyhow .....don't tell anyone......we like the coffee in the MDR and HC too....

That said, we do get the coffee cards for my AM double americanos and our decaff capps at night with our B&B's :D

BTW here in Canada at Costco Kirkland coffee is Starbucks.

hahaha, good for you!

in this neck of the woods, its timmy's all the way!

We visited our 1st Tim hortons up at 100 mile house in BC a few years ago. Loved their coffee (brought several cans home with us). Wish we could get it down here.

49er

we love the coffee, too--but also love the coffees at inter. cafe and the coffee card--but we have no complaints about the mdr coffee or horizoons--but we love dd and mcdonald's, too; around here, mcdon's has the best-seriously grams98

It's good to know that we are not alone in actually liking the regular Princess coffee! :) My wife and I were becoming convinced that there was something wrong with us....because it seems like every time Princess coffee (the regular stuff) is mentioned in a thread, it becomes a negative topic! We actually asked the wait staff during one cruise about the coffee; we were trying to find out if we could buy it somewhere. We think the coffee is the perfect compliment for chocolate dessert after dinner in one of the Princess dining rooms!

It has seen:

2. Starbucks

3. Dunkin Donuts

4. Tim Hortons

5. Tortuga

6. Etc.

and...

...and...

I love it!! Sounds just like DH and I! We like Starbuck's, Daz Bog, etc. but we are fine drinking the resular syrup coffee, too! I feel like such a total peasant admitting this, but it's true. We do buy the coffee card, but just for the premium cappuccinos, lattes, etc. after dinner. Once in a while we'll have a cappucino at breakfast, then top it off with the regular stuff they pour!! We think it's fine and I don't even think DH knows it's from a syrup; I've never told him. It's caffeinated, which is the key thing in the morning and I think it tastes perfectly good. Would it win in a side by side taste test with premium stuff? Perhaps not, but that doesn't mean it's as bad as some people make it sound!

At home I only drink a cup of coffee in the morning. I found on our last Princess cruise, that I really enjoyed a cup of coffee in the evenings too. Could not figure out why people didn't like it. Glad I'm not the only one that thinks Princess coffee is good.

We had a coffee card on our last sailing and never used it for brewed coffee as we have never had a problem with the regular stuff. We used it for lattes, etc. after dinner and the occasional frozen mocha.

By the way, the rumor that circulated recently that Princess was dating and putting the ships name on the coffee card appears to be without foundation. Our two cards had no such specification and therefore will be good next time unless Princess makes a change. We did like the 2 for 1 coupon in the coupon book from the TA.:)

Archived