Last day of Cruise

The night you arrive back into your final port i know you have to leave ur bags outside your room to be collected. is this really necessary to do this???

My parents need to go to miami airport to collect a car and then drive to orlando so i'm sure they wanna get a quick get away.

What time do you have to leave the boat at in the morning as we arrive into port at 6am?

if you decide not to leave your bags outside can you carry them off yourself in the morning?

You can, but you have to be able to manage everything on your own, on escalators, stairs, etc....

You don't leave EVERYTHING outside...you do keep a bag with something to wear off the ship, and someplace to put the things you're wearing that last night, along with toiletries, etc...

Even if they do put their things outside the door, they can be off pretty early....the latest they have departing passengers on the ship is 10am and you need to be out of your cabin by 8 am....and you're generally off MUCH earlier than that! When they get off the ship, they'll just grab a cab and head to the airport or car rental place.

You can, but you have to be able to manage everything on your own, on escalators, stairs, etc....

You don't leave EVERYTHING outside...you do keep a bag with something to wear off the ship, and someplace to put the things you're wearing that last night, along with toiletries, etc...

Even if they do put their things outside the door, they can be off pretty early....the latest they have departing passengers on the ship is 10am and you need to be out of your cabin by 8 am....and you're generally off MUCH earlier than that! When they get off the ship, they'll just grab a cab and head to the airport or car rental place.

Sorry that would be elevators..no escalators on the ship..;)..You can request the earliest departure for your parents and they would be better off not carrying there own bags..it will be easier for them to pick them up in the baggage area off ship..there will be porters to help them if necessary to get to the taxi line....

I will reiterate the fact that if you decide to carry your own bags off the ship, you will have to be be able to carry all of them, by yourselves, in one trip. You can't take one load off and then get back on the ship for the rest. There are no porters or carts to assist you. You will have to be able to carry them down stairs. I just want you to be for-warned.

Sorry that would be elevators..no escalators on the ship..;)..You can request the earliest departure for your parents and they would be better off not carrying there own bags..it will be easier for them to pick them up in the baggage area off ship..there will be porters to help them if necessary to get to the taxi line....

There may not be escalators on the ship but you may very likely encounter them in the terminal as you go down to ground level. The point that was being made was that it is necessary that anyone taking all of their luggage off the ship, be able to do so with a certain degree of ease and not interfere with or impede their fellow passengers. Even with wheeled luggage it is not always easy to maneuver large pieces of luggage through narrow or crowded passageways or onto or off of crowded elevators on the ship, or on escalators in the terminal.

There may not be escalators on the ship but you may very likely encounter them in the terminal as you go down to ground level. The point that was being made was that it is necessary that anyone taking all of their luggage off the ship, be able to do so with a certain degree of ease and not interfere with or impede their fellow passengers. Even with wheeled luggage it is not always easy to maneuver large pieces of luggage through narrow or crowded passageways or onto or off of crowded elevators on the ship, or on escalators in the terminal.

...The point I was making was to clarify..as I have seen the post about escalators before !! I think I was making a point to advise them to not take their own luggage since this is not really necessary..I have seen "so many" passengers struggle with and impede the flow too many times...If they need help, the porters will be near the baggage claim to give them any they might need to get to a Taxi.....

My wife and I carry our own bags off every cruise. We have roller duffle bags and backpacks. Wheel them off and hop in a taxi to the airport. haven't had a problem yet.

Unless you have small bags, I would just suggest putting your luggage outside the door. It really is not that hard to find your luggage when you get off the ship (although, I sail on Radiance class ships with 2000+ passengers, not Oasis sized with 6500+ passengers).

Unless you have small bags, I would just suggest putting your luggage outside the door. It really is not that hard to find your luggage when you get off the ship (although, I sail on Radiance class ships with 2000+ passengers, not Oasis sized with 6500+ passengers).

I don't think it's nearly as important the size, but rather the number of bags you have. The only time we self-disembarked we had small suitcases and carry ons, plus my purse. It was a horrible hassle to try to manuever all those pieces down stairs, down escalators, through the crowds of people.

I saw people having only one large suitcase apiece and they had a much easier time.

We refuse to self disembark now and find it so simple to walk off with just one carry on and locate our luggage in the terminal. I'm not a pack mule and I never set my schedule so tight that I have to rush anywhere, I can't stand the stress especially after a nice vacation. The last few times we've gotten off, there was hardly any luggage to go through, since so many people choose to carry their own bags.

We love self disembarkation :)

My husband and I carry off our luggage all the time now. We did both times on the Freedom of the Seas last year and it worked great! We did not have to pack our things on the last day and have them ready outside the door by a certain time. We did not pack things up until the morning just before leaving the ship. We also had 4 suitcases and a small carryon bag and didn't have any problems. We didn't have to navigate the escalators, we were directed to an elevator in the port and this made exiting the ship very easy. I guess it's a matter of preference and what one can carry on their own, but for us it was a lot easier than having to wait for our luggage at the baggage pick up area. Have a great cruise!

Oasis has escalators... but I don't think they are used for the first or last day of the cruise... ;)

Theron

While boarding in San Diego, we were wheeling our Carry on luggage up steps, they had these portable ladders like for planes. This made for a long and tedious assent, partial wheeling and sometimes lifting upon the steps.

If you put your luggage out, be sure and not pack everything away, set out your clothes you will be wearing off the ship, including shoes. I have read where some people end up going off in the PJ's.

Archived