Bath towels

dsal

OK, this is a strange question, I admit. We've been to hotels in the past where the "clean" bath-towels have a strange smell to them, like they had been mildewed in the past, etc. That drives me nuts.

Do the clean towels on the Princess Sapphire smell good? (If not, I'll pack my own bath towel...)

Thx,

dsal

I have never noticed a 'certain smell' to the bath towels on Princess. But if it really concerns you that they might, I would pack my own. But I think unless you washed them each day, or sent them to the laundry, your towels would develope a very strange smell after a very short time. ;)

My experience with the towels on Princess has been favorable. Regardless of the sign in the bathroom, that towels hanging up would not be replaced, but those on the floor would be replaced with fresh ones. Since at home I don't replace my bath towel every day I see no reason to replace it on the ship every day, so I hang the towel up after using. That evening my (slightly used) towel would be replaced with a fresh one. I didn't bother discussing it with my cabin steward; I just let him continue his process.

We've always found the towels to be "fluffy" and great... when we first meet our cabin steward, we usually ask for additional ones and they readily appear and are replaced ...leave them on the bathroom floor.

Have never had any odor to any of the towels. They always smell good and are soft & fluffy. With all of the luggage restrictions, I can't imagine taking up valuable luggage space with towels! I don 't replace my bath towels daily at home, but they sure will on board ship, and we love it! :D Just another way to get spoiled on board!

You can use the pool towels if you prefer a larger towel, but we have always found the bath towels more than adequate for us, and we are not tiny people!! :eek:

I realize that this is not about towels, but I hate to start a new thread about such a mundane matter & it is about bath products! LOL

So, we have never cruised on Princess, and we are going to Alaska on the Coral Princess. I like to pack light & would like to know what bath products and which brand are provided in the cabins.

Thanks

I realize that this is not about towels, but I hate to start a new thread about such a mundane matter & it is about bath products! LOL

So, we have never cruised on Princess, and we are going to Alaska on the Coral Princess. I like to pack light & would like to know what bath products and which brand are provided in the cabins.

Thanks

They supply the spa brand of eucalyptus products, very strong eucalyptus scent. The shampoo and body wash and lotion are fine, but the conditioner doesn't do much for me.

Thanks Toto,

With all the hefty baggage fees, I try to pack as light as I can, and shampoos, soaps & stuff, even in small trial sizes all weight down my bag.

HAL bath products - Elemis, I believe, were so wonderful, that I brought home a few extras. Maybe I'll bring the Elemis conditioner to Alaska!

I think the bath products on Princess are merely good but certainly not great or worth stocking up. I usually bring my own curly hair rinse and use Marriott shampoos from pre-cruise:rolleyes: Celebrity upper levels are very shiny! The ladies locker room has great supplies and huge towels. Cunard has very nice products at all levels. If I have some products left over it is so much fun to pop in swim bag and "pretend" I am back on the high seas instead of in the humdrum locker room in Maryland.

If you take the Ultimate Ship's Tour, one of the stops is in the laundry (both the passenger and ship's laundries) where you'll see the linens, towels, etc. being washed, dried, pressed on massive machines (in the case of the linens) and folded. It's quite an operation.

If you have any question about your towels, ask for new ones. Your cabin steward will leave his direct line in your cabin so you can reach him without having to run around looking for him (or her.)

They supply the spa brand of eucalyptus products, very strong eucalyptus scent. The shampoo and body wash and lotion are fine, but the conditioner doesn't do much for me.

Just to add: I have color-treated hair, and the supplied shampoo is too harsh. If you also color your hair, you might want to bring your own shampoo so the color doesn't fade during the cruise.

Boy does it fade, even with a gentle shampoo made for colored hair. We live in the country, and have hard well water, which tastes great but is awful on hair & plumbing fixture colors.

Thanks to all of you for the help. Guess I must bring my own hair products!

I am very sensitive to scents/odors and have never had a foul-smelling towel on any of my cruises. But I do know the sour smell that you mentioned - it happens when towels are not washed in hot water, and/or it's time for them to be replaced. You may notice that mildew smell in hotel rooms in beach communities, such as Fort Lauderdale (no offense to Floridians - we've just noticed this several times there).

To answer your question, no - the towels are fresh and lovely. Enjoy your cruise. :)

The smell in beach hotels towels is from the salt air. That's one reason not to leave the

sliding doors open, a damp mildewy musty smell gets into everything, including bed linens.

My inlaws had a sleeping porch oceanfront, and we used to collapese into the beds after

a day on the beach. They smelled awful! That didn' keep us out of them, though.

It takes hot water and soap to get that smell out.

Boy does it fade, even with a gentle shampoo made for colored hair. We live in the country, and have hard well water, which tastes great but is awful on hair & plumbing fixture colors.

Thanks to all of you for the help. Guess I must bring my own hair products!

When we fly we pack light and I buy the required products at the shopping centre near the docks that way I get what I want and pack light - I leave the unused portion behind when I go

Archived