Super elite

Mimg Pao

Recently there was a thread on the possibility of a new and higher category for Elite Captain Circle members. Since then, I have not read anything further about this.

The consensus was that the higher category would start at 300 cruise days. Has anybody sailed recently and had the opportunity to speak with a Captain Circle representative about this?

Would love to know if this change is really going to be implemented or is it just a lovely pipedream:confused:

Lynne

Princess Elite Passenger

They already have it. If you are one of the top cruisers on the ship you get a bottle of bubbly and paraded around at the Captains party.

There's just no name for it. Changes with every cruise.

framer

We once (on the 20th milestone) recieved order cards for a hot room service breakfast (as per suite passengers) but have not recieved them since.

I guess it was just an extra treat from the cabin steward..... rather than from C' Circle.

On our recent Bangkok/Vancover sailing on the Diamond we were lucky enough to

make the cut for all 3 of the most traveled Capitan's lunches. This subject came up

at all of the lunches and discussed with the Cap. Circle hostess, the CD, and The PSD.( we were seated at tables with these folks)

Everyone agreed on the need for another 1,2, or 3 new levels. However,

as far as the Princess folks knew there was nothing being considered by Princess.

DW then wrote out her ideas and sent copies to the above folks who said they

were going to forward her ideas and the comments made by the folks at the table to the home office.

It was also suggested that Princess could survey the Elite people via Email for input.

We shall see :)

Recently there was a thread on the possibility of a new and higher category for Elite Captain Circle members. Since then, I have not read anything further about this.

The consensus was that the higher category would start at 300 cruise days.

This would be great. A real thumb-in-the-eye to the folks

who made elite by taking a bunch of 1 or 2 day coastal cruises.

Princess should do it, just for this reason.

On the other hand, there are already some super-elite like perks -- most

traveled pax lunch/cocktail party and loyalty bonus from Captains Circle.

This would be great. A real thumb-in-the-eye to the folks

who made elite by taking a bunch of 1 or 2 day coastal cruises.

Princess should do it, just for this reason.

I agree, if they could just make a higher status by only number of days sailed and not the number of cruises, that would definitely reward those that have sailed hundreds of days and not just jumped on a one or two night cruise to get that Elite status.

I agree, if they could just make a higher status by only number of days sailed and not the number of cruises, that would definitely reward those that have sailed hundreds of days and not just jumped on a one or two night cruise to get that Elite status.

Thanks Toto for your always sage opinion. Although we have 300 days, we have only completed 16 cruises as all of our cruises have been long (usually one month or more).

We only reached Elite status when the program was changed to either 150 days or 16 cruises about 3 years ago. If this change had not come into effect, we would only be Elite on our next cruise.

Prior to becoming Elite, it really upset me that pax who lived on the west coast or Florida could take last minute substantially discounted coastal or 7 day cruises and therefore qualify for Elite status way before us.

However, this proves that Princess does listen and hopefully they will listen again and create another tier of SUPER ELITE.

Lynne

Thanks Toto for your always sage opinion. Although we have 300 days, we have only completed 16 cruises as all of our cruises have been long (usually one month or more).

We only reached Elite status when the program was changed to either 150 days or 16 cruises about 3 years ago. If this change had not come into effect, we would only be Elite on our next cruise.

Prior to becoming Elite, it really upset me that pax who lived on the west coast or Florida could take last minute substantially discounted coastal or 7 day cruises and therefore qualify for Elite status way before us.

However, this proves that Princess does listen and hopefully they will listen again and create another tier of SUPER ELITE.

Lynne

Lynne, we had almost the same problem. We had well over 150 days sailed (because of longer voyages), but not enough cruises to make Elite status. In fact, we were some of the only platinum members that attended the past passenger luncheon for several years. Not all that long after we made Elite in the Captain's Circle, they changed the rules and made it days or number of cruises. AARGH! Although we were happy it benefited others, we hit the magic #15 before the change. I am glad to hear you benefited from the change though as I am sure you were as frustrated as we were speaking to those onboard that had 40 days on princess and were already Elite when we were pushing 200 and still platinum.

And hopefully some day, princess will do a little more for those that have hundreds of days more onboard then others. ;) And to think, some of our cruises were in full suites, that now receive double cruise credits, but that rule was not retro-active. :(

I think there should also be some recognition for the amount spent - we have spent approx $10,000 on 2 x 7 day cruises (including onboard spend) yet have only 14 days sailed (although 4 credits as both cruises were in full suites). I see very little benefit even in obtaining Elite status if you are in a full suite and for this reason although we have enjoyed Princess immensely on both (and only) cruises there is little incentive not to try for example HAL or Cunard (the disincentive on the latter being price!)

Completely agree re 1 or 2 nighters to get to Elite - this should be stopped IMHO.

I agree that it should be based on days. We are on our second Princess Cruise in September and being from Oz it is more feasible for us take longer cruises due to the distances we have to travel to get to those "other" great destinations outside the Pacific.:D I suppose when you look at it, there are no major benefits from Princess for the amount of money you have to spend to get to that special level. By the time we hit elite, it would have cost us somewhere around $40k AU each. A lot of money for a good internet package and free laundry:rolleyes:

Wouldn't cruise anywhere else though;)

Considering the cutbacks of the last few years I doubt if Princess will consider any new perks for the top Elites that would cost them any money but at least there could be some additional benefits to show their appreciation. Full breakfast room menu, a bottle of their cheap champagne in the room, priority return tender boarding, real coffee served without a coffee card, etc.

Lynne, me too. I had a long way to go to reach Elite but had almost 150 days when they changed the criteria. I, too, resented those in the Northwest who could book several 1 - 3-day cruises and reach Platinum or Elite in no time flat. They still can, which I think is still unfair but at least now, my long cruises are counted for what they are.

Princess does have the "Most Traveled Luncheon" that's based strictly on the # of days sailed with Princess and is only open to the top 20 - 30 passengers, which is kind of a "super" Elite. Personally, I think that since these people are identified to start with that they should also give them "Ultimate" and coffee cards which wouldn't be a big deal. At our luncheon in January, the Captain's Circle Host, Joy, said that they're considering all possibilities for a Super Elite but that one of the constraints is that the perks shouldn't cost the cruiseline much.

I think there should also be some recognition for the amount spent - we have spent approx $10,000 on 2 x 7 day cruises (including onboard spend) yet have only 14 days sailed (although 4 credits as both cruises were in full suites). I see very little benefit even in obtaining Elite status if you are in a full suite and for this reason although we have enjoyed Princess immensely on both (and only) cruises there is little incentive not to try for example HAL or Cunard (the disincentive on the latter being price!)

Completely agree re 1 or 2 nighters to get to Elite - this should be stopped IMHO.

That would be great for us since we've always had our two sons with us, usually in their own balcony cabin or a suite for the 4 of us. And, we used to spend a lot when onboard compared to most people. ;) But, I seriously doubt they'd even consider this idea.

Princess does have the "Most Traveled Luncheon" that's based strictly on the # of days sailed with Princess and is only open to the top 20 - 30 passengers, which is kind of a "super" Elite. Personally, I think that since these people are identified to start with that they should also give them "Ultimate" and coffee cards which wouldn't be a big deal. At our luncheon in January, the Captain's Circle Host, Joy, said that they're considering all possibilities for a Super Elite but that one of the constraints is that the perks shouldn't cost the cruiseline much.

But this "perk" is giver to the top 40 regardless of being Elite, Platinum or Gold. Like you said, there should be something that could be given to the really top Elites which should cost them basically nothing much but generate some special feelings for the upper classes. Perhaps even a special waiting area in the terminal with refreshments.

Lynne, we had almost the same problem. We had well over 150 days sailed (because of longer voyages), but not enough cruises to make Elite status. In fact, we were some of the only platinum members that attended the past passenger luncheon for several years. Not all that long after we made Elite in the Captain's Circle, they changed the rules and made it days or number of cruises. AARGH! Although we were happy it benefited others, we hit the magic #15 before the change. I am glad to hear you benefited from the change though as I am sure you were as frustrated as we were speaking to those onboard that had 40 days on princess and were already Elite when we were pushing 200 and still platinum.

And hopefully some day, princess will do a little more for those that have hundreds of days more onboard then others. ;) And to think, some of our cruises were in full suites, that now receive double cruise credits, but that rule was not retro-active. :(

We also made it to Elite with 12 cruises after they changed the eligibility rules.

Lynne

But not many people can afford to take month-long vacations! I am going on a 14-day cruise to Hawaii and that is stretching my vacation budget severely... I would not be one to take a one-day or two-day cruise... why really bother? Instead, I will try to take at least one 10-day and, if feasible, a seven-day cruise a year... But then, that is just me... That way, I can probably reach Elite in about three years or so... Being Elite and getting those perks are not what is important, it is enjoying the benefits of relaxing, being pampered, not having to work, etc...

I will agree with you, however, that another tier should be added...

Archived