News: RCCL employee accused of burglarizing customers' homes while they cruised

RC Travel Planner Bethesda "Beth" Sandoval has been arrested for aiding her husband in the burglaries of RC customers' homes while they were away on RC cruises. She provided her husband with the addresses of the RC customers who then robbed multiple homes in the Miami/Ft. Lauderdale area.

Mrs. Sandoval has been my travel planner for the past 5 years and to say that I am shocked and saddened by this is an understatement; however, I have an upcoming European cruise in August in which Mrs. Sandoval arranged and I am gravely concerned that I have yet to hear from RC management on how they are addressing Mrs. Sandoval's active client list. This employee may have all of my personal information (including credit card numbers) in her possession and this is very disturbing to me.

I knew something was wrong last Thursday when I'd emailed Mrs. Sandoval and received an undeliverable bounce-back. My concern is that I am now receiving email reminders that my final payment is due and I paid for the cruise in its entirety. I tried calling her extension several times and the line was never answered. I finally reached a live person yesterday (before the news broke) who stated that Mrs. Sandoval was no longer with the company; I was then transferred to another Travel Planner who told me that Mrs. Sandoval was on Maternity Leave. I stated my concerns about the payment reminder emails and was placed on hold for just over 13 min's (my phone has a minute counter). Finally, the gentleman said that his shift was nearly over and that he would have another Travel Planner return my call. I did not receive a return call.

The news of Mrs. Sandoval's arrest was released this morning. Imagine my surprise and shock to read about it in my local newspaper. I have tried calling RC all morning and this afternoon and have sent numerous emails asking for someone, ANYone, to return my calls. Nobody from RC is returning my calls.

I have paid a bloody fortune for this, my 10th cruise with RC, and I am beyond furious with how RC is handling this situation.

Is anyone else having a similar issue?

Always check to see if something's been posted, before posting. :rolleyes:

Considering how quickly threads on the subject are popping up it would seem that you are going to have a pretty busy day policing them.

RC Travel Planner Bethesda "Beth" Sandoval has been arrested for aiding her husband in the burglaries of RC customers' homes while they were away on RC cruises. She provided her husband with the addresses of the RC customers who then robbed multiple homes in the Miami/Ft. Lauderdale area.

Mrs. Sandoval has been my travel planner for the past 5 years and to say that I am shocked and saddened by this is an understatement; however, I have an upcoming European cruise in August in which Mrs. Sandoval arranged and I am gravely concerned that I have yet to hear from RC management on how they are addressing Mrs. Sandoval's active client list. This employee may have all of my personal information (including credit card numbers) in her possession and this is very disturbing to me.

I knew something was wrong last Thursday when I'd emailed Mrs. Sandoval and received an undeliverable bounce-back. My concern is that I am now receiving email reminders that my final payment is due and I paid for the cruise in its entirety. I tried calling her extension several times and the line was never answered. I finally reached a live person yesterday (before the news broke) who stated that Mrs. Sandoval was no longer with the company; I was then transferred to another Travel Planner who told me that Mrs. Sandoval was on Maternity Leave. I stated my concerns about the payment reminder emails and was placed on hold for just over 13 min's (my phone has a minute counter). Finally, the gentleman said that his shift was nearly over and that he would have another Travel Planner return my call. I did not receive a return call.

The news of Mrs. Sandoval's arrest was released this morning. Imagine my surprise and shock to read about it in my local newspaper. I have tried calling RC all morning and this afternoon and have sent numerous emails asking for someone, ANYone, to return my calls. Nobody from RC is returning my calls.

I have paid a bloody fortune for this, my 10th cruise with RC, and I am beyond furious with how RC is handling this situation.

This was announced yesterday not today. I don't think you have anything to worry about.

What exactly do you expect Royal to do?

###

I don't blame them. Nothing even happened to you. That's life....the luck of the draw in some cases. I only hope Jake is safe...the guy who emails me all the time from RCI.

Gina

This was announced yesterday not today. I don't think you have anything to worry about.

What exactly do you expect Royal to do?

###

The poster is concerned because he states he has paid for the cruise in full yet RCCL is now sending him emails requesting final payment. His PVP was arrested and he isn't getting any answers in regard to his payment situation.

The poster is concerned because he states he has paid for the cruise in full yet RCCL is now sending him emails requesting final payment. His PVP was arrested and he isn't getting any answers in regard to his payment situation.

All he needs to do is check his credit card statement. Does he have his paid receipt from RCI? If not and nothing is on his CC statement then he should pay.

Gina

All he needs to do is check his credit card statement. Does he have his paid receipt from RCI? If not and nothing is on his CC statement then he should pay.

Gina

I understand that but I also understand why the poster is concerned since he used this PVP frequently and she had access to credit card and other personal informatin. I would be worried too........arrested and in jail or not - there could be other people involved.

I understand that but I also understand why the poster is concerned since he used this PVP frequently and she had access to credit card and other personal informatin. I would be worried too........arrested and in jail or not - there could be other people involved.

And that's exactly why he should check his cc statement. Most people can do that daily on line. If she's been using his number, he'd know it. In all likelihood, if she was using his number...or anyone was...the cc company would call him.

I had a paypal cc card that was really only a debit card. The number was used one time by another person. Paypal called me even though I had no money in the account. I only used that card for 3 places as a cc on file....classmates, webshots, netflix. Someone at one of those 3 places stole my number and tried to use the card in Europe on line with a toy company. The card was never ever used anywhere else by me and it was still in my possession.

That poster is worried wrongly. They can easily take control of the situation rather than waiting for an email response.

Oh...I no longer pay for products from any of those 3 services. I don't trust them to have my number and I don't need paid services from any of them.

Gina

I would bet a lot of records are purged in far less than 20 years. Many people are arrested and never convicted. And wasn't the woman's husband the one with the past record? Employers can't run background checks on family members. Who knows when a family member forces another to get the information they need under threat of who knows what...no excuse, I know. Background checks can only uncover so much.

Gina

That's true too. I have worked as a domestic violence educator, and there have been instances when an abusive husband has forced the wife to participate in his crimes under threat of violence. Still no exuse, but sadly it does happen. Of course, we don't really know all the facts of this case yet, so who knows.

Archived