Interior Pictures of Nieuw Amsterdam IV Are Starting to Surface!

and I'm compiling them on my blog.

Since these are the first real interior images of the ship I think this is worth of a new thread. The images I've compiled are from 2 different sources: The Dubrovnik Times and XYO Travel

http://www.dutchbyassociation.com/2010/07/views-of-nieuw-amsterdam-from-xyo.html

http://www.dutchbyassociation.com/2010/07/our-of-nieuw-amsterdam-from-dubrovnik.html

Thank you! It all looks wonderful, except for the large screen TV set to the news among the bookshelves in the Explorations Cafe. Wonder how loud the volume is. Realize that libraries are a thing of the past, but wondering if there are any quiet areas left aboard modern ships. Not criticizing here, just thinking out loud. As I said, the ship looks beautiful.

When I made my reservations for Nov., I was torn between this new ship or the Eurodam. Hope the Eurodam is as nice!

Eurodam is the same class and has all the same public rooms. Whereas Nieuw Amsterdam is a bit more modern in some elements, the Eurodam is a bit more old world. I'm going on Eurodam this December and arranging for a Nieuw Amsterdam tour (one of my perks for working at HAL :)) the day after my cruise is over.

Thank you! It all looks wonderful, except for the large screen TV set to the news among the bookshelves in the Explorations Cafe. Wonder how loud the volume is. Realize that libraries are a thing of the past, but wondering if there are any quiet areas left aboard modern ships. Not criticizing here, just thinking out loud. As I said, the ship looks beautiful.

That's the first time I've ever seen the tv through that screen in the Explorations Cafe. Guessing it's maybe just during the morning hours when people are grabbing coffee, etc?

DBA: In fairness, I must say that it IS a nice-looking TV set-up ;-) It just seems that TV's are absolutely everywhere these days. (I'll never forget the weird feeling of being assaulted by 2 TV's blaring competing versions of news when I first went to the cardiologist's office because of unstable angina.) I assume that research shows that is what most people want. As the other photos show equally nice flat-screen tv's available to everyone in their own stateroom, I wish the news-junkies would satiate themselves in privacy, but mine is a minority opinion, I think.

Anyway, the ship does look beautiful. Thanks again for the photos! Hope to sail on her soon. (I'll pack noise-cancelling earplugs just in case ;-)

Thanks Dutch for sharing these greatl pictures with us. It's certainly a beautiful ship.

We're doing the 32 night Innaugural out of Venice, and I printed out our luggage tags over a month ago! It's not that I'm excited.....

John Heald (Carnival Senior Cruise Director) and his family are onboard Nieuw Amsterdam now. He talks about the new ship and has pictures on his blog today:

http://johnhealdsblog.com/2010/07/06/dam-what-an-absolutely-brilliant-ship/#more-14891

John's review is incredible. I plan to feature it tonight on my blog

I'll agree to that as well!

DBA - Great work as always on your blog - thanks for the pics!

Thank you as well Aaron for all you do... However... no Nieuw Amsterdam mentions at all since the month began? :confused:

Clearly it was just an oversight and you plan to bombard readers tomorrow with anything/everything Nieuw Amsterdam, right? :D:D

Of course I kid... your blog is great though!

Archived