Your favourite RCI MDR Dessert

Silly question here!

We'll be taking our first RCI cruise in November, and I've got a serious addiction to the Carnival Warm Chocolate Melting Cake.

I was wondering what your favourite desserts were on RCI? Anything special I should watch for?

(I'm dieting right now, and it's nice to drool about future food adventures!)

I'm sure someone will be along to give you their views and favorites.

We find the desserts in the MDR uninspired...many of them are gelatin based(ugh!)...I haven't found one that I can't live without.:( RCI really takes a back seat. to other lines, with their dessert selections in the MDR.

Silly question here!

We'll be taking our first RCI cruise in November, and I've got a serious addiction to the Carnival Warm Chocolate Melting Cake.

I was wondering what your favourite desserts were on RCI? Anything special I should watch for?

(I'm dieting right now, and it's nice to drool about future food adventures!)

Another vote for Key Lime Pie !

Best dessert ever was the Grand Marnier souffle, but that has been replaced with a chocolate one, good but not as good as GM one.:D

Sigh. That was my favorite too. I don't look forward to much in the MDR, but the main reason we went was for that. Now I really have no reason to go, as I'm not really that impressed by the food.

I do like the sugar free pot de creme. It's basically chocolate mousse. I believe they have at least one sugar free option a night. I've found that the sugar free options--especially in the WJ--are better than the "regular" ones.

The ice cream is quite good and they have a special flavor each night. The pistacio is very tasty! As is the coffee.

I always looked forward to a different ice cream each night also. But last time we were on Jewel, it was vanilla every night but 1. I hope all the ships aren't going to that.

I think the desserts are sometimes a let down. I can make richer desserts here at home.

I never had a hard time finding a good dessert. Tiramisu, Key Lime Pie, Bananas Foster, Cherries Jubilee, Coconut Creme Brulee, Suar-Free Coconut Cake, are wonderful, although I think they replaced the Coconut Creme Brulee with another flavor..still gooooooood!!!

Even the sugar-free key lime pie is good! Some of my cruises, there has been no creme brulee the entire cruise. Great tip about ordering the fudge brownie. Since I don't travel with children, I have never seen the chilren's menu. I'm going to try it in Sept!

Don't forget there are some great desserts at lunch in the MDR too. My favorite is the B52-almond pudding (more like almond sponge cake) filled with dark chocolate. Yum! Also, the chocolate peanut butter tart.

I always feel guilty eating a desert in the MDR, and wasting the calories on some treats I really could make better at home.

So---------------being addicted to cheese cake, I usually pass on desert in the MDR, and after supper take that long walk to the Promenade and enjoy Cheese cake. I figure I am burning off a zillion calories by doing this (hee-hee).

Later

Sue

Archived