Your favourite RCI MDR Dessert

They still had the flourless chocolate cake the last time I sailed. It was part of a triple desert tray. Wow, is that thing rich.

To the person that said that RCL had no good deserts. :p Some people will never be happy. I find them much better than Celebrity or Princess.

HOWEVER all taste are subjective.

Nice to hear about the sugar free items since I am border-line diabetic. I don't have to be extremely careful...just say no pasta and desert at the same meal. I kind of figured I would not worry on vacation, but if there is sugar free just as good...might as well have that, then I can have blueberry pancakes for breakfast. :D

And key-lime pie is about my all time favorite desert.

So happy to hear that! Do you know if they have a sugar-free dessert every day?

Yes, there is a sugar-free dessert option every night in the Dining Room, and there are usually two or three in the Windjammer as well. I enjoyed the sugar-free Key Lime Pie. We actually had both the regular and sugar-free on the same night, and found my sugar-free tasted better. ;) :)

cpamama, just a note to remember that the sugar-free options still have carbohydrates, which is what we diabetics have to count. We certainly can't have all the sugar-free items we want - we just have to be careful. I found something I could eat and enjoy every night in the DR. One evening, I asked the waiter to bring me just a plain salad for appetizer - I was so craving iceburg lettuce and carrots, just something crunchy and healthy with no dressing. He obliged. Don't hesitate to speak up. :)

Silly question here!

We'll be taking our first RCI cruise in November, and I've got a serious addiction to the Carnival Warm Chocolate Melting Cake.

I was wondering what your favourite desserts were on RCI? Anything special I should watch for?

(I'm dieting right now, and it's nice to drool about future food adventures!)

I'm in agreement with most: key lime pie, sugar free coconut cake; flourless chocolate cake. My DH enjoyed a lemon merinque pie in the Windjammer. He was disappointed it was only there for 1 day. He will definitely have his eye on it next cruise.:rolleyes:

My husband loves anything chocolate, his favorite is the flourless chocolate cake. I hate chocolate, so my favorite is the peach/blueberry crisp that I think is sugar free but it's best with vanilla ice cream (not sugar free!)

Sherri:)

BBB baileys banana brulee--my FAVORITE. we don't eat alot in the MDR anymore, but we do on that night!!!!! we have actually asked if we could have it on aother nights & they have done it. last sailing we really did not waqnt to go to the DR for supper, so I slipped in right before they opened and asked 1 of the waiters if they would go get us 2 and he did!!!

sugar free desserts are very good, except the cookies. 1 of my favorite things to do is get the sugar free key lime mousse and a cocnut cookie and eat them together!!!!

Best dessert ever was the Grand Marnier souffle, but that has been replaced with a chocolate one, good but not as good as GM one.:D

I've got to go with Chip on this. Absolutely the best hands down. The Birds Custard tops it off!!!

Silly question here!

We'll be taking our first RCI cruise in November, and I've got a serious addiction to the Carnival Warm Chocolate Melting Cake.

We took one Carnival cruise a few years back and I fell in love with the Warm Chocolate Melting Cake as well. Had it every chance I could on that cruise. Royal Caribbean has a dessert somewhat like it, and just as delicious. Another one I tried for the first time on my last cruise with RCI in December I can't remember the name of. Maybe some more experienced cruises with RCI might be able to name it for me. It was a sampler of some sorts. It had three little portions of three different kinds of dessert. It was absolutely delicious, but very rich at the same time. The normal one had the three different kinds on it, mine my waitress spoiled me and gave me three of the same one instead of three different ones. Hopefully someone on here knows what I'm talking about and can get you the name.

I try to stay away from dessert while on a cruise...gotta watch calories where I can. I've found most of them over the years to just be "okay" anyway. And I'm a dessertaholic. I could LIVE on sweets.

When I REALLY want something, I get the sherbet. It's yummy and comes with a lovely cookie.

Speaking of cookies, like someone above (or on page 1) said, you can order a brownie even if it's not on the menu. Going along with that theory, my friend always ordered chocolate chip cookies which were also never on the menu and she always got them. The cookies are pretty yummy. Especially with nice, cold milk. Mmmmm.

Thanks for your ideas, everyone!

I'm allergic to many fruits, and nuts as well, so my dessert choices are always a bit limited. I never thought I was picky, but I guess I am as I'm not a huge fan of custardy or banana things. I guess I'm all about chocolate!

I never liked the pies and cakes in the Lido on Carnival - they were all laced with things I couldn't have, or were just overly creamy or syrupy. I've been losing a lot of weight this year, and if I want to indulge, I want to REALLY enjoy it - no point eating something that doesn't bring total and utter bliss!

The key lime pie sounds wonderful, and I'll watch for some of the others!

Thanks!

Best dessert ever was the Grand Marnier souffle, but that has been replaced with a chocolate one, good but not as good as GM one.:D

Noooooo! Say it's not so....this is my favorite:(

They still had the flourless chocolate cake the last time I sailed. It was part of a triple desert tray. Wow, is that thing rich.

This one was quite good :D

Thanks for your ideas, everyone!

I'm allergic to many fruits, and nuts as well, so my dessert choices are always a bit limited. I never thought I was picky, but I guess I am as I'm not a huge fan of custardy or banana things. I guess I'm all about chocolate!

Please do yourself a favor and if you haven't let RCCL know about your allergies by now, do so. They will take special precautions with your food to make sure you don't have any issues:) I believe you need to contact the special needs department at least 45 days out for dietary needs. Have a great trip!

We took one Carnival cruise a few years back and I fell in love with the Warm Chocolate Melting Cake as well. Had it every chance I could on that cruise. Royal Caribbean has a dessert somewhat like it, and just as delicious. Another one I tried for the first time on my last cruise with RCI in December I can't remember the name of. Maybe some more experienced cruises with RCI might be able to name it for me. It was a sampler of some sorts. It had three little portions of three different kinds of dessert. It was absolutely delicious, but very rich at the same time. The normal one had the three different kinds on it, mine my waitress spoiled me and gave me three of the same one instead of three different ones. Hopefully someone on here knows what I'm talking about and can get you the name.

It may be called "dessert sampler." It is a trio of desserts. The little chocolate one is to die for. I told my waiter I only liked the chocolate one and he brought me a plate of all three chocolate. It was heavenly.

Key Lime Pie!!!!!!

Our last cruise, my sister informed our head waitor the first night that she was going to need the whole pie.

They had a fun time teasing her all week about the pie. The night before Key Lime Pie night, they brought her a plate with a lime on it and had written "Key (lime) Pie" in that decorative syrup.

And... on the night of Key Lime Pie, they brought her an entire pie! And they brought her more pie the next night! :D

DW sometimes orders one of the chilled fruit soups for dessert. She asks the waiter when she orders dinner to put one aside and bring it out with dessert. To me its a bit strange but she likes it:)

My wife does the same thing........................

It may be called "dessert sampler." It is a trio of desserts. The little chocolate one is to die for. I told my waiter I only liked the chocolate one and he brought me a plate of all three chocolate. It was heavenly.

That's the one I'm thinking of. Thank you. :) My waitress told me at the beginning of dinner that she had a special surprise for me for dessert that night. Come dessert she brought me three of the chocolate ones you're talking about. Absolutely delicious.

Archived