Difference between November or December cruise ?

Thechamp555

According to you experts ?

What is the difference between a November or December cruise ?

I'm debating to take the November 20th Eclipse /eastern Carribean or the Dec 11th western Carribean.

We don't have a preference of itinerary but it is more important to have nice wheather.

Thanks for you're input ! :)

Germain

Quebec

Canada

According to you experts ?

What is the difference between a November or December cruise ?

I'm debating to take the November 20th Eclipse /eastern Carribean or the Dec 11th western Carribean.

We don't have a preference of itinerary but it is more important to have nice wheather.

Thanks for you're input ! :)

Germain

Quebec

Canada

Weather in November and December is great, especially if you come from the North!! Cruise prices immediately after Thanksgiving and the first few weeks of December are usually considerably cheaper too!

"Officially" hurricane season ends on Dec. 1, so your probably safer doing the Dec. cruise. Also, it has been really hot here this summer, probably won't cool off much until Dec, if that matters to you. That being said, I prefer the Eastern over the Western. but there all the same. Either way, you can't go wrong.

South Florida often gets cold spells in December. I've also run into a cold spell in the Bahamas in December. The Caribbean is warm, though. I've also missed being able to go to Grand Cayman in December because the weather was too rough for tenders to dock.

Nov. 25th is Thanksgiving here in the US and the likelyhood of having a ship packed of families and kids is significantly greater for your November option. The first two weeks of December are considerably less likely to be sold out and offer much better deals. Also remember the later you go, the less daylight you have, by about 1 minute per day. Not a big deal but sunset usually occurs around 5pm and sunrise around 7am.

We have cruised in November and December multiple times and love this time of year for the Caribbean. The weather was perfect. Isolated rain here and there which is par for the course. Otherwise, picture perfect.

I too prefer eastern carib to western itineraries. That being said, your 11/20 sailing is during Thanksgiving, like a previous poster stated, which will increase the number of families and kids. If this is not an issue for you, then book eastern itinerary.

Happy sailing.

The weather for either sailing should be about the same, but personally, I would never fly Thanksgiving weekend; the airfares are higher & it is a zoo at the airports. My vote would be the December sailing.

I cruised the last two years over Veteran's Day and there was a hurricane in the Caribbean for both. They were smallish hurricanes. Last year, the ports were re-routed, but we got all the ports. Some people who booked private excursions had to scramble. It was rainy a lot because of the hurricanes on both. This year, I'm going after Thanksgiving. I've had less weather issues in December than November. Also, I wouldn't go on a holiday cruise because of the potential for a lot of kids. I like children, but I don't want to be on a cruise with tons of them. I went on an Easter cruise one year and it was horrible. It also makes for just a lot more people on the ship because kids often double up with their parents in a cabin. It's a lot more work for the staff and service can deteriorate. If it were me, I'd pick the December cruise.

We've cuised in November and December and the weather has been really good. We were on a Solstice, early December cruise and the ship was beautiful with holiday decorations. And we got a great fare deal for that cruise because of they tendency of people not to travel as much during that time of year.

I love to cruise in Nov and Dec. I'm on an eastern Caribbean Constellation cruise this November. I selected it because it is 14 days in length, which will minimize the number of children on board the ship. I chose Thanksgiving so that I don't have to prepare the usual feast.

While hurricanes are not unheard of during November, they tend to be lower categoried storms.

Whatever you choose to purchase in the Caribbean, be sure that you do some comparison shopping at home. And remember that there will not be any sales tax, which can add up to 10% in savings. I stopped buying major electronics because of the international warranties.

Enjoy your cruise, whenever you go....:p

Cheryl

Archived