Show us Your Aft!

My husband and I will be sailing on Adventure of the Seas next month and will enjoy our first aft, 1688. I'll be sure to post some pics when we return as the only ones I can seem to find are old. We cannot wait!!

My husband and I will be sailing on Adventure of the Seas next month and will enjoy our first aft, 1688. I'll be sure to post some pics when we return as the only ones I can seem to find are old. We cannot wait!!

Please try to post some pics of 1688. We will be in this room in Sept!!! Thanks

ALSO - Jewel 8168 pics posted by Familygoboston are great! All of the outside furniture was replaced a while back and the TV is now flat screen.

• 2 weeks later...
Please try to post some pics of 1688. We will be in this room in Sept!!! Thanks

ALSO - Jewel 8168 pics posted by Familygoboston are great! All of the outside furniture was replaced a while back and the TV is now flat screen.

We have 1688 booked in August this year. Some pictures would be great. Thanks in advance

• 1 month later...

Adventure 7688

Thanks racer for posting...here is the rest of the review of this cabin from my ongoing review which can be found here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2207747

We had booked the polarizing corner aft cabin on deck 7 Cabin # 7688. I say polarizing because it seems people either love the idea of this cabin or hate it. Some people think it's too far down the hall, has too much motion/vibration, or that the balcony is too shady, obstructed and covered for their taste.

Let's keep focusing on that, because then fewer of us will be trying to get that cabin and no one from the cruise line will see the value in it and build a suite that costs 5 figures a week to book in the same space (like on Oasis) Let's keep saying this is a lousy cabin because we absolutely LOVED it, and I'd like to discourage anyone else from booking it or worse charging more for it!

Tiny cabin

160026217.jpg

Tinier bathroom

160026216.jpg

Tiny cabin with pullman bed down

160026244.jpg

Our bags were already outside the room, so we unpacked...very, very carefully! Fitting 3 people in this cabin was a challenge, but we used (for the very first time!) the over the door shoe holder for our DD's clutter. We drew straws for drawer space, threw down, (winner take all) for shelf space, doubled up items on hangers, hid the PFD's in a dangerously inaccessible spot, stashed the laundry and empty suitcases under the bed, banished the coffee table to the balcony. After the dust had cleared we were more or less unpacked and able to live comfortably for a week with 3 adults.

Adventure 7688

Another post from my ongoing photo review:

Balcony on Cabin # 7688

There are no words...

160026266.jpg

160026267.jpg

160026276.jpg

160026257.jpg

160026271.jpg

160026317.jpg

So of course I'm going to add words!

Whats on it/sun/shade: Many people ask about the "obstructions" ... this balcony is under another above which creates a coved or sheltered area. It was mostly shaded most of the time. But you could find a sun patch from the "port hole"; you can see how large that is compared to me in photo #3, certainly enough for the sunbather in the family. There is a post, you can see in picture #2, but it's not in the way of anything. There is more than enough room for the 6 pieces of furniture out there. (7 with our banished coffee table) Our daughter turned the 2 adjustable dining chairs into a lounger by laying both chairs flat and putting them seat to seat. The chairs are the newer style.

Views and Privacy: When you look outward you see a panoramic ocean, when you look down you see the blue "canopy" below...I so rarely noticed it that at one point I made an actual effort to think about it and see if by looking at it I could tell if it was a roof to the deck below. If you have a cabin on deck 6, you have a rail that blocks your access to the blue canopy, but the balcony is on the same level as that blue canopy. There is also another large "porthole" on the corners of deck 6, but these are not accessible to the people in the corner cabins on deck 6. (you can see this in the last photo) The balconies above on Deck 8, 9, and 10 are shallower and don't have the "porthole" on the balcony (though one has a port hole in the room!) Some of the cabins above and below may be suites or larger cabins and have wider balconies, but our attendant told us this was the largest balcony on the ship.

Unlike the Radiance class aft balconies, (the only others I've experienced) you really cannot see or be seen by anyone else in aft balconies above or below unless you lean over the rail, so we found it much more private, visually, but remember you can still hear and smell! (we had a smoking neighbor- but we didn't report since we were not bothered by this often and I'm sure our noise was annoying too!- we aren't known for being quiet as mice!) You can see the very end of deck 5, which is an outdoor smoking area for crew. We used our balcony extensively, and rarely saw crew out there (when do they have time, really?) When we did see someone smoking it was rare and we never ever smelled it from that deck. We never noticed soot.

Noise and Comfort: We did find that there was slightly more motion (barely detectable) but we had a very smooth cruise. We did however notice significant additional "business noise", clanking, and thumping and thrusters, especially when we were docking at port early in the morning. Whether this bothers you depends on what kind of sleeper you are. I'm a light sleeper and noticed it, my teen, not so much! It usually happened an hour before I had planned to get up to head out to the islands anyway, so it did not detract from the experience of that balcony!

So in conclusion, do not book this balcony- ever (on the same week I want to sail!) We loved it! We hardly spent any time at the pool or solarium because we had this cabin. The cabin itself was tiny, but the balcony was HUGE!!!

Just off this cruise 5/10-5/17/15 , this corner aft cabin was tremendous. Fits 3-5 passengers ,but there was just the 2 of us. The balcony has 2 loungers and a large wood table with 6 chairs. The cabin was very long and wide with plenty of closets and pull out draws.There are 2pullout couches and there is a sliding partition that separates them from the main bedroom .You have 2 TV's and 2 thermostats and a private hallway with 2 locking doors . I'm afraid our up coming summer aft cabin on Adventure of the Seas will not come close to this one.

IMG_20150510_141506.jpg.55f0f88d1ddcff00c511b60be4239bc4.jpg

IMG_20150510_141610.jpg.f5d7f40fc45b04567506e0c241492fd7.jpg

IMG_20150516_162936.jpg.38258fd063e8883753d6b4fe45c21c1c.jpg

IMG_20150516_162922.jpg.b615620fdb69919d33bf9b925d9fe18b.jpg

IMG_20150510_133102.jpg.6331b300533c3b6bff23b7a974ce1af3.jpg

Just off this cruise 5/10-5/17/15 , this corner aft cabin was tremendous. Fits 3-5 passengers ,but there was just the 2 of us. The balcony has 2 loungers and a large wood table with 6 chairs. The cabin was very long and wide with plenty of closets and pull out draws.There are 2pullout couches and there is a sliding partition that separates them from the main bedroom .You have 2 TV's and 2 thermostats and a private hallway with 2 locking doors . I'm afraid our up coming summer aft cabin on Adventure of the Seas will not come close to this one.

What ship was this on?

Just adding to the awesomeness of this thread because I know we searched and searched for pictures of this cabin!

We were lucky enough to stay in Junior Suite 1100 on Brilliance of the Seas in March 2015. We ABSOLUTELY loved this room and the BALCONY!! It was amazing. The balcony is HUGE and we spent a lot of time on it... completely beautiful view!

The cabin was really big as well, with a walk in closet and bigger bathroom, which included a tub and shower!

LOVE THIS JUNIOR SUITE!!

1interiorjs1100.jpg.c33df7aa0c27b68752b4c762c96755c8.jpg

interiorjs1100.jpg.e8fc42dcdcb12422a9d64758abd5291a.jpg

1js1100.jpg.7c5250a3ae8ed00fc5e37e2e8849b237.jpg

2js1100.jpg.7ef8134c72ef70b3c185bf3fbc7e5cae.jpg

js1100.jpg.bcfd4c5124bc4c2c6eb622d4b496954a.jpg

Just adding to the awesomeness of this thread because I know we searched and searched for pictures of this cabin!

We were lucky enough to stay in Junior Suite 1100 on Brilliance of the Seas in March 2015. We ABSOLUTELY loved this room and the BALCONY!! It was amazing. The balcony is HUGE and we spent a lot of time on it... completely beautiful view!

The cabin was really big as well, with a walk in closet and bigger bathroom, which included a tub and shower!

LOVE THIS JUNIOR SUITE!!

This is one of our favorite cabins also. We have had it on the Brilliance and have it booked again on the Brilliance in November and on the Serenade in March 2016.

mac_tlc

We're in 7710 on Liberty in November, any pictures out there of it? We've never gone aft before, always amidship...might be dangerous

Type 7708 in search bar, pretty similar except for wider balcony

Edited by John&LaLa

This is one of our favorite cabins also. We have had it on the Brilliance and have it booked again on the Brilliance in November and on the Serenade in March 2016.

mac_tlc

You must be in it the week after us. We are in JS1100 on March 7, 2016 for 11 glorious days. Our favourite all time cabin so far to date☺️

1688 may look different in Feb 2017. Probably new carpet, drapes, furniture, bedding.........and Flowrider!!

I still wonder about those "90's" teal cabinets - Maybe Crockett and Tubbs (from Miami Vice) would like them.

3535rvl.jpg

I didn't think Adventure was getting a FlowRider.....have you heard differently? It would be awesome if she did!