Show us Your Aft!

We had 8168 on the Serenade for our Western Med cruise in late May.

Fabulous cabin, awesome balcony, very quiet location. Highly recommend!

IMG_0184.JPG

IMG_0183.JPG

IMG_0197.JPG

IMG_0196.JPG

Got this cabin on the Jewel 2016 B2B out of Puerto Rico. Cabin 9256 was already taken.

Has anyone had both 8168 and 9256 on Radiance class? Is there really much difference in balcony size?

SA

Got this cabin on the Jewel 2016 B2B out of Puerto Rico. Cabin 9256 was already taken.

Has anyone had both 8168 and 9256 on Radiance class? Is there really much difference in balcony size?

SA

9256 is about a foot deeper than 8168 which provides some additional space for the chairs. The biggest thing to note: The aft balcony support poles are much smaller on Radiance which makes both balconies much larger. (See Radiance pic) On Jewel, Serenade and Brillance these poles became taller and more intrusive. Regardless 8168 is a great balcony option.

Capture.jpg.f483f12d34c12c8418bb3444c60341c6.jpg

I am looking for photos or information on the aft corner balcony JS's, deck 8, on Splendour. We have been in those cabins on Rhapsody and have booked one on the Splendour. I understand they do not wrap around like on the Rhapsody but wondered if they are still oversized with a good view. Anyone out there have experience with 8586, 8080 or any of the aft cabins on Splendour? I have already checked cruise deck plans, cruise line rooms, and you tube but haven't found anything yet. Thanks!

Just spent 2 weeks in 8086 on Splendour, right in the centre on the aft, huge balcony, table plus 2 chairs and 2 sun loungers - at least twice the size of JS balconies on the side of the ship.

9256 is about a foot deeper than 8168 which provides some additional space for the chairs. The biggest thing to note: The aft balcony support poles are much smaller on Radiance which makes both balconies much larger. (See Radiance pic) On Jewel, Serenade and Brillance these poles became taller and more intrusive. Regardless 8168 is a great balcony option.

The smaller support poles makes a huge difference. I'll have to put that in my notes on Radiance class.

Thanks

There doesn't appear to be any visible reason for the huge increase in pole size and increased intrusion. If anything these poles are a bigger trip hazard than the original "less obtrusive" design on brilliance.

There must of been an increased load requirement for balcony support strength on the newer ships.

I'm guessing that they needed to factor in the added weight gained while cruising for extended periods..... Or maybe a 5 mile an hour crash test? Regardless it was not a passenger space improvement.

• 2 weeks later...
Much noise in 1600 or 1604?

As I said previously, we just got back a couple weeks ago from 12 glorious days in 1604, on Serenade. I have no complaints at all! There was never any noise that interfered with our sleep hours. Sometimes during the day hours when we were sitting out on the balcony relaxing, we could hear the cling-clang of dishes and the chitter-chatter of happy diners above us from the outdoor Windjammer dining area. But it was NEVER anything that bothered us, just something that we noticed. No noise issues at all from inside the cabin itself! I loved it! Great cruise, great ship, great cabin!

Edited by Bonnie Voyager

Much noise in 1600 or 1604?

Horribly noisy in the early morning due to the crew setting up in the Windjammer above. We were in 1600.

However, we've been in 1102 and 1104 on sister ships and never heard anything.

I think some of the reason 1600 is noisy in the mornings and the others on the aft are not is it's somewhat of a wrap around cabin design. The bed is under a section of the Windjammer that the rest of the stateroom (and the others on the tail) are not.

Some have suggested the best way to avoid a lot of above noise is not to book on the top deck. We've heard noise, for example, while under the pool deck/hot tubs areas on other ships. Chairs scrapping, etc. I've read it can be horrible to be under the ping pong tables.

We're going to try Deck 9 on Freedom NEXT October but in the meantime, we'll be on Deck 10 Aft 1406 Freedom THIS October and I'll report back with noise level!

Bump

Sent from my C6903 using Forums mobile app

Thank you for that bump, I enjoy seeing the pictures of the aft cabins. 45 days from now we will be enjoying our 11 day transit to Hawaii on Rhapsody in 8598. Hoping the cruise will be as enjoyable as it was in 1602 on Radiance back in 2012. :)

Thank you for that bump, I enjoy seeing the pictures of the aft cabins. 45 days from now we will be enjoying our 11 day transit to Hawaii on Rhapsody in 8598. Hoping the cruise will be as enjoyable as it was in 1602 on Radiance back in 2012. :)

I had to go to the cruise critic app to find it.

I am looking for 8710 on Indy and 7172 on Jewel. (Can anyone help)

I think you are on that Jewel cruise as well.

Edited by bigeck

Bed position and more in 1600 Brilliance of the Seas:

n6x6dy.jpg

from the bed looking into the cabin

2zdr6eo.jpg

the seating area next to the bed

nvnv9c.jpg

from the front door

2u8jf34.jpg

the bathroom

2njhsb5.jpg

30l1ens.jpg

Thanks for posting these. Looks exactly like Serenade 1600. For some reason, I couldn't get mine to upload. Still can't figure out how to make them large like this in the post rather than the snap shots.

Thanks for posting these. Looks exactly like Serenade 1600. For some reason, I couldn't get mine to upload. Still can't figure out how to make them large like this in the post rather than the snap shots.

I use Tinypic. It was recommended here on CC by one of the monitors. It's very easy to use. Just go to the website http://tinypic.com/ click "Browse" select the pic you want to upload and click the size you want in the Resize box. I like the 15" screen (800-600) choice, then click Upload Now! It may have you enter one of those script puzzles before the upload begins. A share this image page opens next, just copy the message board choice and paste it into your CC post. Easy as can be.

Edited by Kevin's girl

We really loved this cabin. It was never noisy and really enjoyed the unusual layout.

So glad you didn't experience the noise we did on Serenade. It was always at the same time...around 5 am. For about an hour, maybe 45 minutes. It sounded like bowling up above us. I thought maybe it was because we picked up a 1/2 a new crew the day we got on board and perhaps they didn't quite know the routine, but others in 1600 on many other itineraries and other Radiance Class ships experienced the same thing.

I have to say, other than that hour, it was quite enough; never an issue at night time or during the day for afternoon naps.

I think next time I'll select a "traditional" GS layout (not that we'll be doing GS all that often!)

I use Tinypic. It was recommended here on CC by one of the monitors. It's very easy to use. Just go to the website http://tinypic.com/ click "Browse" select the pic you want to upload and click the size you want in the Resize box. I like the 15" screen (800-600) choice' date=' then click Upload Now! It may have you enter one of those script puzzles before the upload begins. A share this image page opens next, just copy the message board choice and paste it into your CC post. Easy as can be.[/quote']

Thank you....great info to have!

Does anyone have pics of the balcony from Navigator of the Sea JS 7394? I've seen the pics of the corner balcony on deck 7, but can't find any for the middle Junior Suites. We're booked for this one in September and just curious.