Show us Your Aft!

So really love looking at this thread! We booked our first aft cabin. We have always chosen a cabin on the hump or middle of the ship. We decided to try an Aft cabin on Jewel as she isn't one of the bigger ships. I wasn't sure if the walks were going to be a bit "long" as we are used to mid ship cabins. So in this case, we thought jewel would be perfect!

We are in 9660. I wish 9256 (corner) was available. We are excited about trying the aft cabin. We saw a you tube video of this cabin as well. I don't see pictures for this cabin here in the thread so I'll be sure to post pictures at a later time!

Edited by slyster

So really love looking at this thread! We booked our first aft cabin. We have always chosen a cabin on the hump or middle of the ship. We decided to try an Aft cabin on Jewel as she isn't one of the bigger ships. I wasn't sure if the walks were going to be a bit "long" as we are used to mid ship cabins. So in this case, we thought jewel would be perfect!

We are in 9660. I wish 9256 (corner) was available. We are excited about trying the aft cabin. We saw a you tube video of this cabin as well. I don't see pictures for this cabin here in the thread so I'll be sure to post pictures at a later time!

nice. We booked that one on the Brilliance, once before. enjoy

I just got back on Sunday from spending a week in my first aft cabin. I stayed in E1 Cabin 7688 on the Adventure of the Seas. I would book this room again in a heart beat. I ate breakfast every morning on the enormous balcony while taking in gorgeous views of the ships wake.

ImageUploadedByForums1396399251.255618.jpg.ddcb0198d841da4537d1412b7c4d64be.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

ImageUploadedByForums1396399105.247855.jpg.49fedad89baf6e91e0f2d4a8ca741e8a.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1396399194.523381.jpg.4461e3a00decb5d411e9248212391d76.jpg

Here are a few more of the balcony of 7688.

[ATTACH]308143[/ATTACH][ATTACH]308147[/ATTACH][ATTACH]308148[/ATTACH][ATTACH]308149[/ATTACH][ATTACH]308151[/ATTACH]

Awesome photos! We have this cabin next April...it looks perfect!! I have a question for you...is there a full size couch (Im pretty sure there is no sleeper bed, just the pullman over the regular bed) But my daughter may be willing to try on the couch if it's big enough...any thoughts? Also, 2 loungers or 3?

Can't wait to sail in this one!!

There is a love seat in stateroom 7688. I think it may be too small for someone to sleep but there is a Pullman bed that comes down from the ceiling.

We had two loungers, two tables and three chairs but I am sure you could request a third lounger.

I spent ever chance I had relaxing and enjoying the scenery from the balcony.

We did experience slight vibration while the ship was sailing throughout the night but nothing that was too bothersome.

There is a love seat in stateroom 7688. I think it may be too small for someone to sleep but there is a Pullman bed that comes down from the ceiling.

We had two loungers, two tables and three chairs but I am sure you could request a third lounger.

I spent ever chance I had relaxing and enjoying the scenery from the balcony.

We did experience slight vibration while the ship was sailing throughout the night but nothing that was too bothersome.

Thanks!

I just got back on Sunday from spending a week in my first aft cabin. I stayed in E1 Cabin 7688 on the Adventure of the Seas. I would book this room again in a heart beat. I ate breakfast every morning on the enormous balcony while taking in gorgeous views of the ships wake.

[ATTACH]308138[/ATTACH][ATTACH]308139[/ATTACH][ATTACH]308140[/ATTACH]

good idea.:p

• 2 weeks later...

Can you handle more of 7708? This time on Indy... PS: We did an unofficial measurement of the balcony itself. It is about 195 square feet!

DSCN4125_zps8de76f83.jpeg

DSCN4123_zps498b9e6e.jpeg

DSCN4126_zps4a9444e0.jpeg

DSC_0129_zps28b76fa6.jpeg

DSC_0067_2_zps30985fbe.jpeg

51b28fae1df390853424a9d6c406c60b_zps729e0c6b.jpg

Edited by APDMOM
PS

I am looking for photos or information on the aft corner balcony JS's, deck 8, on Splendour. We have been in those cabins on Rhapsody and have booked one on the Splendour. I understand they do not wrap around like on the Rhapsody but wondered if they are still oversized with a good view. Anyone out there have experience with 8586, 8080 or any of the aft cabins on Splendour? I have already checked cruise deck plans, cruise line rooms, and you tube but haven't found anything yet. Thanks!

Can you handle more of 7708? This time on Indy... PS: We did an unofficial measurement of the balcony itself. It is about 195 square feet!

DSC_0129_zps28b76fa6.jpeg

Thanks for the picture, never knew how much larger those balconies are on deck 6.....They go right out on the deck on the Freedom class ships compared to the Voyager class ships where the deck 7 and deck 6 balconies come out even.

Less privacy in those deck 6 balconies but they sure are larger then the voyager class ships deck 6's aft balconies

Edited by Jimbo

Thanks for the picture, never knew how much larger those balconies are on deck 6.....They go right out on the deck on the Freedom class ships compared to the Voyager class ships where the deck 7 and deck 6 balconies come out even.

Less privacy in those deck 6 balconies but they sure are larger then the voyager class ships deck 6's aft balconies

nice to know.

Booked in this one August , anyone got any up to date pictures videos? Have asked before Juan checking anyone been on recently, or anyone got booked next few months can they take pictures of cabin and balcony and post please:)

Here are pictures of Corner After Balcony 8390 on Navigator of the Seas. We just returned from the first cruise after dry dock so all the upholstery, carpet & drapes are new. The only negative to me was the single door with a half window instead of a double sliding balcony door, but I got used to it. The outside views from the balcony made it worthwhile:

image_zps557a8c2a.jpg

image_zps279d878a.jpg

image_zps1424504d.jpg

Balcony:

IMG_0480_zps4b4ef8fd.jpg

IMG_0481_zps49b6631c.jpg

I'm so excited to find this post! We have this cabin booked on the May 4th sailing. I wonder if it would be possible to get a lounge chair put on the balcony.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk