Show us Your Aft!

Question for all those aft junkies!

I have Explorer 7388 booked and have stayed in that cabin before. I can have D1, 1690, as it is open. I love the balcony on 7388.

Which did you like better?

For two people, 7388 without a doubt would be my choice. If more than two I'd consider 1690, but knowing me I would still probably go with 7388. Probably my favorite cabin of all time (even compared to the suites we have been in).

Question for all those aft junkies!

I have Explorer 7388 booked and have stayed in that cabin before. I can have D1, 1690, as it is open. I love the balcony on 7388.

Which did you like better?

We've booked 7388 on Explorer for a 9 day southern Caribbean itinerary next year. We've had 7408 on Freedom the last two cruises, which is the same stateroom and the balcony is absolutely the best on the ship IMHO.

Getting ready to book the Freedom for a 2015 cruise and can't decide between a corner aft deck 7 or a center aft deck 10. I know many people covet the deck 7 corner aft's for the size, but view is more important to me. What would you aft experts choose?

Getting ready to book the Freedom for a 2015 cruise and can't decide between a corner aft deck 7 or a center aft deck 10. I know many people covet the deck 7 corner aft's for the size, but view is more important to me. What would you aft experts choose?

Less superstructure in the view on deck 10.

We are just two people in the cabin. I have not been in a D1 yet. Can loungers and chairs fit in 1690?

Friends will be enjoying the balcony with us.

Edited by music

We are just two people in the cabin. I have not been in a D1 yet. Can loungers and chairs fit in 1690?

Friends will be enjoying the balcony with us.

Yes, two of each will fit. That's what we had on the Voyager a couple of years ago when we boarded. If they aren't there when you board you can ask for them. It seems like lately people have reported the loungers are missing and/or the stewards won't bring them.

We have had loungers in every aft cabin we have ever been in without asking.

I went ahead and booked 1704 on Freedom. Looking forward to my first aft cabin!

We've never had deck 10 aft and I can't speak to that, but have had 7408 (corner aft deck 7) on Freedom. We enjoyed it so much the first time that we booked the same week and stateroom for the following year. Twice we've had it, twice we've been thrilled. The view is great, you really don't notice the superstructure after awhile, and the large porthole on the side is also a great view. The balcony is probably 12ft x 15ft (guessing), it really is huge. There are two chairs, a small table and two loungers on the balcony. It really is the most private balcony on the entire ship. You may not get as much sun as you'd get on deck 10, but that's ok with us. We spent a lot of relaxing time out there reading, playing cards, just laying in the loungers. Great place to have your morning coffee. I would, however, suggest bringing a couple of small battery powered fans, the aft balconies sometimes don't get a breeze, the fans help. Someone else posted on here about hanging their hammock on the balcony of 7408, we might try that next time. We are booked for the same deck 7 corner aft on the Explorer of the Seas for a cruise next year, can't wait. To give you an idea of the size of the porthole...here is a shot taken in Labadee, Haiti. It's probably 7 or 8ft in diameter. I am 6ft tall and when I stand in front of it the top is almost two feet above the top of my head. 7408porthole.jpg

Edited by Sparks62

Thank-you for posting these great pictures. Just booked 9256 on Radiance for 2016. Looks like an awesome balcony!

WE will be in 9256 on the Brilliance in Dec, 2014. I love love love the idea of having a hammock on the balcony, my question is can a hammock be hung on the balcony of 9256???? I sure hope so!

Quote:

Originally Posted by luvsun22 viewpost.gif

Less superstructure in the view on deck 10.

Bob is right, less superstructure higher up. Here is a video someone made of the deck 7 corner aft on Liberty, the view would be the same on Explorer. We've had this stateroom on Freedom twice and after a few minutes on the balcony we hardly notice the superstructure, but for some it might be an issue. This will give you an idea what to expect. Link to video:

It was suggested that I post some pictures of our cabin which is one of the popular aft balconies on the Jewel of the Seas which is a Radiance class ship. 9256 corner aft sort of wrap balcony.

30ax99j.jpg

2nc4ci1.jpg

29xuq2b.jpg

swq00h.jpg

zxpug5.jpg

2em1vtj.jpg

We booked 9256 on the Brilliance for Dec 6, 2014!! Thanks for t he pics! Can you hang up a hammock like others have done in other aft balcony rooms???? When were these pics taken? thanks

Edited by MuffyKismet

We love room 7688 on Voyager class ships! [YOUTUBE]
[/YOUTUBE]

Can't wait , have this on Adventure...not sure how my nearly 6 foot tall daughter is going to do up there on that pulman, wouldn't be shocked to discover her sleeping on the balcony LOL! :p Great video, thanks for sharing!

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have pictures of 8712 or 8412 on Independence that they would be willing to post? I have done a lot of searching with not a lot of results. I would even be happy with pictures of the same cabins on one of Indy's sisters.

Our April 2015 cruise will be our first with Royal, but we have loved our afts on other lines. I know this one will have some structure, but I'm sure we will love it anyway.

Does anyone have pictures of 8712 or 8412 on Independence that they would be willing to post? I have done a lot of searching with not a lot of results. I would even be happy with pictures of the same cabins on one of Indy's sisters.

Our April 2015 cruise will be our first with Royal, but we have loved our afts on other lines. I know this one will have some structure, but I'm sure we will love it anyway.

SEE LIBERTY OF THE SEAS ON CRUISELINEROOMS. I posted a couple here - but there are more.

Capture.jpg.ede45a166867ddf863a7a894309c2bbc.jpg

Capture2.jpg.952da2035188df487bf394f53bd6aac5.jpg

Capture3.jpg.5f659000fb7358a8959fca882130a124.jpg

If you look at these threads and read the posts, about Freedom Class Balconies, they give some info about these images and you can see what your aft Freedom class cabin would look like:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=758885

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=640578&page=3

(Mostly discussion)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=684605

(Lastly, all the aft cabins from the back of the ship)

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Grumpus/media/Freedom_aft_balconies.jpg.html

Edited by Familygoboston

We just returned from sailing in cabin 7688 for two weeks. This is an amazing corner aft balcony! The cabin is an E-1 and sleeps 3 with a pullman bed.

Here is a video we shot of this amazing balcony!

The hammock was ordered from Amazon.com and hung with heavy duty paracord.

We just returned from sailing in cabin 7688 for two weeks. This is an amazing corner aft balcony! The cabin is an E-1 and sleeps 3 with a pullman bed.

Here is a video we shot of this amazing balcony!

The hammock was ordered from Amazon.com and hung with heavy duty paracord.

I showed my daughter the video and she thought the hammock came with the cabin...LOL! Now I have to get her one...I think you said you used carbiners, my daughter has some for climbing, so we should be able to figure it out! I told her it has to come down when shes not out there, I would never want to be responsible for an accident or fire!

Can't wait , have this on Adventure...not sure how my nearly 6 foot tall daughter is going to do up there on that pulman, wouldn't be shocked to discover her sleeping on the balcony LOL! :p Great video, thanks for sharing!

We have this on Adventure too. June 2015. YAY!! Can't wait.:)

SEE LIBERTY OF THE SEAS ON CRUISELINEROOMS. I posted a couple here - but there are more.

If you look at these threads and read the posts, about Freedom Class Balconies, they give some info about these images and you can see what your aft Freedom class cabin would look like:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=758885

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=640578&page=3

(Mostly discussion)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=684605

(Lastly, all the aft cabins from the back of the ship)

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Grumpus/media/Freedom_aft_balconies.jpg.html

Thanks for youe replies racerxspeedy and Familygoboston! Those pictures are exactly what I was looking for. I was concerned about how much the structure would block the view. It does block some, but not as bad as I thought it might be. In any case, we will be on the ship, we will have an aft balcony right where we like to be. Life is good!:D